ADVERTISEMENT

HC Brantley & DC Wentworth step down at Trinity Catholic

ProSetEye

Oct 24, 2011
Ocala
Both Head Coach John Brantley and Defensive Coordinator Justin Wentworth stepped down this week. Wentworth accepted the HC job at Williston and, I believe, Brantley is semi retiring. Have no idea who will replace these two excellent coaches. Don't know if there are any assistant coaches who could fill their shoes. Kerwin Bell, can we entice you back from Jacksonville University? Maybe even John Brantley, Jr could be considered asTrinity IMO also needs an Offensive Coordinator. Brantley had the dual role as HC and OC.

Any suggestions on what coaches are out there would be able to take over the Celtics and keep them winning and in the running for the 3A championship?

This post was edited on 12/19 2:56 PM by ProSetEye

http://preps.ocala.com/article/20141214/PREPS/141219885/1417/SPORTS?Title=Trinity-Catholic-coach-John-Brantley-III-stepping-down-after-7-seasons

This post was edited on 12/19 3:03 PM by ProSetEye

This post was edited on 12/19 4:46 PM by ProSetEye

Trinity Catholic Changes

Ok, I'll ask the obvious question. If Brantley is semi-retiring, why didn't Wentworth stick around to get the HC job?

Also, what's his son, the former Gator, doing these days?

This post was edited on 12/20 11:15 AM by Choctaw_fan

Originally posted by Choctaw_fan:
Ok, I'll ask the obvious question. If Brantley is semi-retiring, why didn't Wentworth sick around to get the HC job?

Also, what's his son, the former Gator, doing these days?
I guess you would have to ask him. I'm just guessing that what was offered by Williston HS was a better fit and maybe better money. Possibly he even may not have been offered the head coaching position at Trinity.

John Brantley IV (his son) is currently one of the coaches at the Brantley QB Camp run by his father John Brantley III who is the Director of the Camp. From the photos of the camp it's located at the Trinity Catholic field.

My understanding is that they have about 300 applicants to review. Hard to believe. But, then, you never know.

I truly wish they would reach out to Kerwin Bell. Who knows. He may just want to return to Trinity. Also, my friend, Coach Chris Martin, who was an assistant under Kerwin Bell for a few years and knows his system as good as anyone.

Originally posted by Milquetoast:
I call bullshit on 300 applicants. TC isn't STA and even STA wouldn't get that number.
I can only pass on what I read. I have nothing to do with the interview process. As such, you can call it whatever you want.

The first year Principal at TCatholic is awesome (former coach and AD)...I've not heard the same thing about the President. I'm not disparaging the President by any means, just passing on what I've heard. Have you heard that perhaps Coach Brantley made his decision at least partially because of a bad relationship with the President? Curious story that I heard...had to do with a suspension over the team not being correctly "aligned" for the playing of the National Anthem? I hope what I heard was just rumors...it seems you may have some insight.

Doubt there were 300 applicants, ship has sailed with Bell, has Chris Martin ever run a program..does he even coach now? way more to that story willie, way more from both sides.

That's always the way it works, right? Their side, his side, and the truth that lies somewhere in between the two...I'd love to hear what you've heard floating around, huntayo...come see us: (http://floridafootball.freeforums.net)

Originally posted by huntayo:
Doubt there were 300 applicants, ship has sailed with Bell, has Chris Martin ever run a program..does he even coach now? way more to that story willie, way more from both sides.
Martin was an assistant coach under Kerwin Bell for a few years at Trinity and, from what I know, was instrumental in making the offense successful. He then coached the Trinity JV to an undefeated season. Coached the Vanguard JV to an undefeated season. Was then an assistant coach at North Marion. Don't think he is currently coaching although I'm sure he could be encouraged to get back in the game. Don't even know if he would be interested and have not heard from him in quite sometime.

According to the Trinity Website a new HC would be chosen by the beginning of January. Has anyone heard anything?

Trinity Catholic has a new Head Coach and it looks like a pretty good choice. I like that he's keeping the Proset offense. Wonder if he will be getting a replacement for DC Justin Wentworth who was an excellent one? This will be an exciting season coming up and I'm really looking forward to it.

Joe Sturdivant - New Head Coach

Hey ProSetEye, I heard that Wakulla and Trinity Catholic will be playing in the regular season...have you heard anything about it? I hope it's true...it would be a good game.

Originally posted by Trajan01:
Hey ProSetEye, I heard that Wakulla and Trinity Catholic will be playing in the regular season...have you heard anything about it? I hope it's true...it would be a good game.
I'm hoping, too. The last couple of years we've played Wakulla in pre-season games but never in a regular season game. I don't have the 2015 schedule available, However, would not be surprised to see a lot of higher classification teams on Trinity's out of district schedule this season, including Wakulla. It's amazing to me that the Celtics can play as well against an outstanding team like 5A Wakulla as they do.

Former Trinity Catholic assistant Justin Wentworth will bring his Williston High program into a matchup against Belleview to close the 2015 regular season.

Speaking of TCHS, it has games against South Sumter and Clearwater Central Catholic, both playoff squads from a year ago donning its schedule.

Originally posted by 307mac:

Former Trinity Catholic assistant Justin Wentworth will bring his Williston High program into a matchup against Belleview to close the 2015 regular season.

Speaking of TCHS, it has games against South Sumter and Clearwater Central Catholic, both playoff squads from a year ago donning its schedule.
I'm willing to bet this will be a different Red Devil team come start of the season under Coach Wentworth.

I'm really glad that Clearwater Central Catholic and Ocala Trinity Catholic are playing again for the next 2 seasons. Two highly respected football programs going at it. Really looking forward to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT