ADVERTISEMENT

Hardee is a sinking ship.

Oct 19, 2018
Limez Stone
8 players transferred to Sebring now 2 just transferred to Ft Meade.

I warned ya' all about that outside influence years ago, that good ole boy system is awful in Hardee.

Sorry but it's the truth, if you don't like what I say then you best get your head out of your duffel bag and change it and change it now!!!

Sometimes it takes rock bottom before real change can happen, then of course the community at least to some degree must also take a more active role to begin the process for real change to begin. 8 students leaving for a high school 74.7 miles away and 2 more leaving for a high school 70.1 miles, is not just transferring to another school....................that's more like "get me the hell out of this hell hole!" at any cost..............maybe Hardee needs to seriously consider shutting down its Varsity program and focus on its JV and freshman teams and re-establish its football program, much in the same manner a new school football program would (a from the ground up type approach?)

8 players transferred to Sebring now 2 just transferred to Ft Meade.

I warned ya' all about that outside influence years ago, that good ole boy system is awful in Hardee.

Sorry but it's the truth, if you don't like what I say then you best get your head out of your duffel bag and change it and change it now!!!
My numbers are a little different than yours. I heard 6 players transferred to Sebring and 3 players transferred to Fort Meade. Either way, that's way too many and our coaches should bear the responsibility for letting it happen.

I saw on Twitter where Dunlap was one of the six or eight players who transferred to Sebring. That doesn't surprise me at all. He should have been our starting QB last year, but our stupid coaches made Lindsey, who was a Freshman, the starting QB instead. Just like his two older brothers, Lindsey is getting special privilege just because of who his parents are and everyone knows it. I went to the Spring Game this past Thursday and Montsdeoca was obviously playing better at QB than Lindsey, but our coaches will still make Lindsey the starting QB just because of who his parents are. Also, our coaches are not standing up to the big named families in the county such as the Carltons and Albrittons.

I know I shouldn't say anything of this because I'm going to get bad-mouthed, but since I'm posting this anonymously online, I'm going to do it anyways.

Reactions: BillybobJunior
maybe Hardee needs to seriously consider shutting down its Varsity program and focus on its JV and freshman teams and re-establish its football program, much in the same manner a new school football program would (a from the ground up type approach?)
Gatorman001, there's no way Hardee is going to agree to shut down its varsity program! Hardee is one of the oldest high school football programs in the whole state of Florida, with the 1909 Wauchula High School football team being its first fielded team. Also, Hardee was one of the 29 schools who founded the FHSAA in 1920. Hardee has played its rival DeSoto every single year since 1921 and it was recognized as the oldest continuously played high school football rivalry in the whole state of Florida back in the 1980s by both Governor Bob Graham and the FHSAA. Since it is very important to everyone in the community for the Hardee-DeSoto rivalry to remain as the oldest continuously played high school football rivalry in Florida, Hardee will not be shutting down its varsity program.

Also, neither Sebring High School or Fort Meade High School are over 70 miles away from Hardee High School. Fort Meade High School and Hardee High School are about 20 miles apart from each other. Sebring High School and Hardee High School are about 35 miles apart from each other.

I just simply asked google and that's what it responded with, when I put in the actual addresses, I came up with 34 1/5 miles and 19 miles respectively. The Albritton family you speak of, I worked with a Albritton family that farmed and mailed Oranges when I was with the Sarasota USPS before I transferred to GA...............is this possibly the same family..........(just curious)?

If the football program is being run by the parents with influence, rather then the coaches...............I'll go back to my "Rock Bottom" suggestion.

Players transferring to rival schools for whatever reason is disheartening enough and of course leads to questions as to what is really going on behind the scenes. Despite all of that, there are still some athletes left to work with and a winning season, playoff appearance, even district championship are realistic goals. Blaming any lack of success on loss of transfers would just be an excuse. I know last Thursday was just a spring game and meaningless. What bothers me the most was what appeared to be a lack of seriousness and enthusiasm. I observed the players on the sideline goofing off like they'd rather be somewhere else. School ended the day before. Maybe their summer vacation plans were more important than focusing on the game? I don't feel like Riverdale had us out manned or out athletes us. Our boys just seemed to be going through the motions out there. We have some big linemen but I feel like they need to spend the summer running to build up thier cardio because they looked winded out there. They also need to work on pass blocking. Scheme wise our defense was playing was too far back leaving Riverdale's receivers wide open. Just my 2 ¢.

My numbers are a little different than yours. I heard 6 players transferred to Sebring and 3 players transferred to Fort Meade. Either way, that's way too many and our coaches should bear the responsibility for letting it happen.

I saw on Twitter where Dunlap was one of the six or eight players who transferred to Sebring. That doesn't surprise me at all. He should have been our starting QB last year, but our stupid coaches made Lindsey, who was a Freshman, the starting QB instead. Just like his two older brothers, Lindsey is getting special privilege just because of who his parents are and everyone knows it. I went to the Spring Game this past Thursday and Montsdeoca was obviously playing better at QB than Lindsey, but our coaches will still make Lindsey the starting QB just because of who his parents are. Also, our coaches are not standing up to the big named families in the county such as the Carltons and Albrittons.

I know I shouldn't say anything of this because I'm going to get bad-mouthed, but since I'm posting this anonymously online, I'm going to do it anyways.
My point exactly THE OUTSIDE INFLUENCE has to stop and people with money is holding some kind of control over the coaches somehow. I seen it years ago, thats why I quit going to the games and will never ever ever go back. Yes even under Tim Price it was happening and Robert Martin was correct years ago on this board. I wanted to say something and told HWY17 many times but I just couldn't step up to say the truth to Price of what I seen he did firsthand at times. They think it had to do with playoff losses but it was always about the favoritism that influenced Hardee Coaches.
Hardee is a SMALL 5A school, we don't have the luxury like other schools to just pull from and stack your teams. We can thank private schools for this happening in the public sector as private schools recruit which I had first hand knowledge of and whenever I reported to the DIRECTOR at FHSAA his words were "it's out of my hands". I am sure I can find the email if ya' all want to see a copy of it.

Again nothing against the Coaches but if the outside influence doesn't stop I will call them all out on Facebook. TRY ME!!! I know exactly who they are, every one of their names. It's the same ole' family that's been running this county for years!!! Well their "influence" in this county came to an end in 2020 but they still have a hand in the football program.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT