ADVERTISEMENT

Gunfire at Miami Central Game Making National News

Been shot at plenty of times, just not at high school football games where, in most normal places, you don't plan having to defend yourself.

Shooting at a high school game isn't normal but yes it's happened in Miami before..... It's Liberty City tho and gunfire is norm. Why do you think their kid are so hardened

Choctaw traveled to Jacksonville for a playoff game several years ago and there was gunfire outside the stadium. I heard it on the radio broadcast and a friend who was there texted me about it.

Unfortunately, it happens all over the place!

Choctaw traveled to Jacksonville for a playoff game several years ago and there was gunfire outside the stadium. I heard it on the radio broadcast and a friend who was there texted me about it.

Unfortunately, it happens all over the place!

At the gas station across Main St. Didn't compare to the fireworks going off on the field that night as Jackson won a rare playoff game.

I know. The best part of that game for Choctaw was getting back on the bus and heading west.

Silver, were you there? Is that normal for that area. I don't know anything about Miami, never been there, never plan on going.

No I was talking about news coverage I watched: I did almost get shot down there once trying to run down a couple of muggers near Miami/Dade Community College, when I was down taking a shipboard firefighting class for my tonnage license. Will never try that stunt again. Amazing how big pistols look when the guys are aiming at you. Gunfire is common, like Choc said, I've read of at least four posts over the years; and like Peezy said, that's why those kids are the way they are; but they're somewhat used to it and that's not what spooked them, I think they panicked because of all the media hype over ISIS and sporting events. They should know ISIS ain't going to Miami, they'd be better off fighting the Rooskies in Syria.

Last edited:
Silver, were you there? Is that normal for that area. I don't know anything about Miami, never been there, never plan on going.
I was at the game and it is not the norm in that area cause Miami dade is not in Liberty City Drummer! They were shooting in the parking lot obvious before the game was over.. Guys that had a wager in the game.. Carol City getting their but whoop and I guess guys was not happy and you had a lil shootout in the parking lot... Now Drummer make it seems like this situation happens all the time at football games with hood schools.. Ummm you do know we have so many hood schools down here and this the first shooting we had at the football game... Btw the 3 idiots got caught... 3 teens got arrested....

Zoe, let me ask you this. Those gunshots outside a stadium started that panicked looking, well lets call it a stampede. I know a lot of those folks are no strangers to hearing occasional gunshots, I hear them around Punta Gorda once in a while; so that reaction by such a large group of people; do you think it had anything at all to do with all the press this past week about terrorists and sporting events?

Reactions: Zoe Boy
I'm blessed or lucky that we don't have those problems up here in Niceville/Ft Walton. Maybe it's because we have a large military population that A: are well armed; B: won't tolerate that crap; C: maybe we are just lucky we live in Lower Alabama and not in Florida

Reactions: blackpopsicle
There have been multiple shootings this year in our area roadkill.....again this type of thing can happen anywhere...

Zoe, let me ask you this. Those gunshots outside a stadium started that panicked looking, well lets call it a stampede. I know a lot of those folks are no strangers to hearing occasional gunshots, I hear them around Punta Gorda once in a while; so that reaction by such a large group of people; do you think it had anything at all to do with all the press this past week about terrorists and sporting events?
Yes lol I'm joking... No it was all about money.....

I'm blessed or lucky that we don't have those problems up here in Niceville/Ft Walton. Maybe it's because we have a large military population that A: are well armed; B: won't tolerate that crap; C: maybe we are just lucky we live in Lower Alabama and not in Florida
I don't know how to take this one? A: we're well armed too B: tolerate crap? C:you have no state taxes you still live in fla lol....

Zoe Boy, I loved the line about taxes. Now you know why I came back!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoe Boy
While we're being honest, the gunfire I hear is either from illegal Gator poaching in the Lower Peace River (its legal with a permit on the upper) or the Police range that you can hear when the wind is right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT