ADVERTISEMENT

Great season!

Pipe Dreams

Jul 21, 2010
Great Season!

The board was great this year and I have enjoyed the good conversation. This is one of the few boards that I know of where it is civil and doesn't get spoiled by trolls.

This may be my last season in Florida for a while as I will probably make the move to Hawaii next year (the Pipe Dream will become a reality, if you know what Pipeline is). 2016 will be a great year for my alma mater.

I like the school pride on here. We've all got other schools we root for on the side, too. I was really pulling for Osceola and Bishop Moore.

They say the site has died but it's better than it has been in years. Sure the front page content has gone down big time but the board is the lifeblood. I personally cannot write as much any more (wrote 70 times from 2010-2014) due to work. But the board is where the stories are written.

As an unofficial/slightly official Rivals team member, I thank you. Bring more people back for 2016. Miami guys I am looking at you.

Oh... and you knew this was coming... DP IS STACKED NEXT YEAR

Hawaii huh? I thought coming back to Florida was a dream.

You know they have the internet and you can still check in occasionally. There's a lot of people on here who live out of state. If not, you will be missed!

Pipe is serious stuff. Start small and work your way into the lineup. Get to know a few locales and hang on the beach with them. They will invite you out on the good days if you can cut it. I've ridden some big waves and to be honest, big Pipe is flat out dangerous. Even for the pros that go out before they are ready for it. And no, I never rode Big Pipe even though I've ridden triple over head Escon's. Anything Over 25 foot faces and I'm done. REMEMBER to work your way into it one session at a time. Start at 5-8 foot pipe and get the vibe down, then grow with it. It takes time to ride it at 10 feet cause were talking Hawaiian 10, not Florida 10. Their 10 is more like 12 from the back. You know the drill.

I'm envious dude. My days of big surf are over and I miss it a lot. Live the Dream...

Great Season!

The board was great this year and I have enjoyed the good conversation. This is one of the few boards that I know of where it is civil and doesn't get spoiled by trolls.

This may be my last season in Florida for a while as I will probably make the move to Hawaii next year (the Pipe Dream will become a reality, if you know what Pipeline is). 2016 will be a great year for my alma mater.

I like the school pride on here. We've all got other schools we root for on the side, too. I was really pulling for Osceola and Bishop Moore.

They say the site has died but it's better than it has been in years. Sure the front page content has gone down big time but the board is the lifeblood. I personally cannot write as much any more (wrote 70 times from 2010-2014) due to work. But the board is where the stories are written.

As an unofficial/slightly official Rivals team member, I thank you. Bring more people back for 2016. Miami guys I am looking at you.

Oh... and you knew this was coming... DP IS STACKED NEXT YEAR
Best.... North end of big island is beautiful.. Curious, why Hawaii ???

Pipe If they get a more experienced offensive mind on the staff you will be back the second week of December to watch. If not you will be disappointed again.

No worries I'm not surfing Pipe for at least a few years, if ever. It has always been a dream of mine (literally - I dream about it). I'll examine the line up when it breaks at 4-5' Hawaiian on first reef and sit on the north shoulder or deep. I have studied the paddle out thru the channel to the north. 6-8' pipe is too big for me. That's danger. I'm quick on the drop (especially backside-pipe for regular footers) but it sucks up too fast for my skill level.

I wish more people knew about Pipeline. The Pipe Masters were good this year (albeit smaller at 6-8). If you have a chance, and you don't know much about the waves, check out how it breaks. It's an A-frame wave that breaks in both directions. The swells travel thousands of miles and abrubtly crash on the reef --- which is in the middle of the damn pacific.

I want to go there to live the lifestyle I want to live. I also do urban design and GIS work and want to preserve Hawaii while making it's cities better. They import all of their power - we need Hawaii to go green. It's the elephant in the room.

Also yes I will be very active on the boards no matter where I live. Guru I agree but I'm optimistic that the staff in place will figure it out. We should have been better on screens. Downfield passing game was almost non-existent. Development of the Jr QB (who has all of the tools and physical ability) is critical.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT