ADVERTISEMENT

Ft Myers vs Port Charlotte

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
This might be an interesting game, Pirates play pretty consisten ball, beat two six win teams. Ft Myers lost to two six win teams. I think you'd have to favor PC in this one and their DL will be a big factor.

I thought the Manatee DL would be the best area DL talent heading into the season, but after seeing Port Charlotte in person as well as seeing them on video replay a number of times...I agree completely with Silver on his assessment of the Port Charlotte DL! You however cant just hang your hat on the Port Charlotte defense, as it has in my opinion the best SWFL offensive non-senior talent in RB Edd Guerrier (ran for almost 1300 yards, in 8 games this season), I see him as one of Florida's premier RB's heading into his senior season next year. He has size, runs effectively between the tackles, with incredibly vision you cant teach, he also if in the clear possesses speed to burn! The Port Charlotte QB is what I call a typical HS blue collar talent, and he also has a above average WR (want to say his name is Streeter), to throw to. Mix in a OL that has very good size, as well as easily handled the Manatee DL when they played, I see this port Charlotte team as a team that could make some noise in the playoffs.......I see Port Charlotte winning tonight too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT