ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night College Games

MarkECannon

Oct 9, 2010
Florida State plays 2 games on Friday night this season. This causes me much consternation because of how much I love to go to high school games. If it is a weak opponent, like Jacksonville State last year, I would go to my high school game of choice. This week it would be Kissimmee Osceola at Lakeland.

The other Friday night game is the day after Thanksgiving in Tallahassee against the Gators. That game is the same Friday as the 3rd Round of the high school playoffs which is usually full of excellent games to choose from.

I will be in front of my TV this Friday night and in Tallahassee the night after Thanksgiving.

As for that Jacksonville State game, my wife and I went to see Eric Church at Country Thunder instead. Eric Church was great! Not sure what happened in that game though. 😔

Last edited:
Eric Church is one of my favorites, got to see him and Kenney Chesney at Phillips Arena before moving back to Florida. Friday nights and high School football in any small town in Georgia (or any small town in America) is something I would encourage everyone to do at least once! Here's one by Eric with a Friday night football slant to it.........

Reactions: MarkECannon
Yes College games are an intrusion on American Friday Night Lights. Hey Mark, did you see on the ACC Network they did a poll on what FSU fans would rather see for this week's Canes vs A&M game :

Jimbo Fischer lose to the Hurricanes 59%
Hurricanes loose 41%

Reactions: MarkECannon
Jimbo should be a legend at FSU but he left the program with a lot of problems. Family issues and an AD that believed in spreading the money around to all the athletic programs instead of feeding the football cash cow led to his departure. Jimbo basically began to quit on FSU after the 2014 season.

I don’t blame him for everything that happened but many Noles fans despise him. I’m more disappointed in what happened. Can’t be too mad at a coach that led FSU to a national championship.

By the way, I am pulling for the Canes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT