ADVERTISEMENT

Friday night at the Manatee game against Sarasota

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
At half the Manatee 76 basketball team.., was honored by being accepted into the Manatee sports hall of fame. That team went 32-0 before losing in the final four against the eventual state champion Orlando Edgewater. I was a sophomore that year and got to see that team play several times, including the regional win against Tampa Jefferson......We had Latin district forum that day at Tampa Plant HS and our Latin Teacher decided to let us stay after forum, so we could go to the game that night in Tampa. I was taken back how old everyone looked, even little Phil Wagner who was the Manatee PG that year.......his mom was a teacher and I remember having her in elementary school.

I believe "wavebb" may have even played against the Manatee B-Ball team, which made me pause and think.....Gezzz "wavebb" your're getting up there........

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: Wavebb
Never had the honor of seein Wavebb play roundball, but it was common knowledge around Lee County that the boy had mo moves than a package of ExLax.

Reactions: Wavebb
Wave is getting old. Played against and lost to the 'Storm of the South' the year before. They were ranked # 1 in the state and we were # 7 at the time. Went to two OT's against them. Wave Out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT