ADVERTISEMENT

Fla Varsity High School Football Talk

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with St. Lucie West Centennial athlete Isaiah Roberts
How did the high school football season go overall?
“I’ll grade it a B+, I felt I could’ve done way better.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“To get bigger and better and work on my craft.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel that we are going to win districts and have a chance to win states.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I haven’t seen our schedule yet.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Vandrevious Jacobs.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Golden Gate defensive back Bradley Martino
“My high school season went great.”

“My plan is to get as strong as possible when it comes to working out. As for me during the incoming season I plan to be well known throughout Florida, next step is to be well known throughout the nation.”

“As of right now things are looking really bright for the upcoming season as a team.”

“I give props to all the teams on our schedule but I'm confident in my team and I and believe we should win all of our games.”

“N/A.”

Q&A with Lake Nona quarterback Carter Emanuel
“It was a great experience as a freshman on varsity, I definitely improved and [am] going to lead the team to playoffs next year.”

“I plan to lift and clean up technique for spring and camps then leading to the season.”

“I believe we are going to be a great team with great potential, we just need to put in the work and come together as a family.”

“Winter Park or Boone.”

“The Boone running back. I don’t know his name but gave us a lot of trouble.”

Q&A with Sickles defensive back Arlo Henderson Jr.
“It was a rocky season, only going 1-9 was underwhelming but we learned a lot and we’re going to build on it.”

“I have been working out with the team in the morning, running track (400 Hurdles and Shot put) in the afternoons, and doing judo to help with football in the evenings.”

“I think we’re going to shock a lot of people and have a big turnaround season that most people on the outside don’t think we’re going to have.”

“I feel like our biggest competition is going to be ourselves, if we stop beating ourselves and play together more, we can be unstoppable.”

“There’s a lot of individual talent we face on the teams that we’re playing. Football is a team game though so we’re focused on stopping all 11 players on the opposite team whoever they are week in and week out. So we’re not losing sleep over anyone in particular.”

Q&A with Sunlake kicker Vasilios Fotopoulos
“My high school season this year as a whole did not go as expected, but [as far as] personal goals it was really good for me. I was blessed and honored to be named first team all-state at the punting position.”

“My plans for this off-season are to build more flexibility in my legs and in my hips, and also to be a better leader and example to my teammates not only on the field, but in the classroom as well.”

“This next season I think we’re going to change a lot of people’s opinions on Sunlake football. As soon as our principal hired our new head coach BJ Hall, he got straight to work. He’s brought the energy, the brotherhood, the coaching staff, and the belief and the love the you would want in any locker room.”

“I feel like the toughest team we’re going to play on our schedule will be Lando Lakes, every year we have a game called the Butter Bowl and [no one] in the area that knows the rivalry is going to want to miss that game, it means a lot to me and my brothers.”

“This year we play Hudson and I think Elias Willams will give our Oline and our offense the toughest time when he’s playing on the Dline. He has the size the and the speed to take over a game by himself and his offers speak for it.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News