ADVERTISEMENT

Fla Varsity High School Football Talk

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Sunlake quarterback Kyle Horvath
How did the high school football season go overall?
“The season wasn’t what we hoped for. We faced a lot of adversity with a lot of staff changes.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I will be competing in track. I will continue to hit the weight room. Also, I plan on doing some 7 vs 7.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“We have a lot of returning players. I believe the team will be successful.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I believe Mitchell High School is consistently good. And they will be the toughest team on our schedule.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Unknown which player will be the toughest next year.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Flagler Palm Coast quarterback Dennis Murray Jr.
“Our season was an improvement from last year, I feel like we are really starting to build the culture that we have been looking for. We lost a couple of big games but we were always able to bounce back and perform the next week.”

“We are working out 5 days a week in football class and on top of that I am running track for my school.”

“I think that we have a lot to prove next year. We know we have a chance to be very good and contend in the playoffs.”

“I think that Mainland will be our toughest competition since they are coming off of their state championship run.”

“James Randall.”

Q&A with Timber Creek quarterback Aaron Williams
“Overall our high school season went ok, definitely some ups and downs during the year. But we played pretty solid. wish I could have a couple plays back, but we have a lot to look forward to next year with a lot of young talent rising in the program.”

“My plans with sports and workouts are pretty straightforward. I am definitely going to be hitting the weight room harder this year, especially going into my senior year. I am also going to be training nonstop with my QB coach Baylin Trujillo to perfect my technique. I am also currently training to secure good combine stats at the top Adidas all American combine coming up very soon. I am also going to be playing with the 18U You Certified Dawgs 7on7 program this upcoming season.”

“I feel pretty confident in our team next year at Timber Creek. We are definitely going to miss some seniors, but we will have a lot of young talent rising up through the program.”

“The team that will probably be the most competitive on our schedule this upcoming season is most likely going to be Edgewater. They have a lot of talent over at Edgewater this year and will have a good amount next year. This year they had a five-star running back in Texas commit, Cedric Baxter, and the Northwestern commit tight end. On the defensive side of the ball, they had an elite four-star defense and he caused trouble for us this year.”

“Toughest individual player who will probably face next year is the four-star defensive lineman from Edgewater.”

Q&A with Winter Haven linebacker Trey'On Ellington
“My high school season went well this year. We came a long way from going 1-9 to 8-4 and winning a playoff game for the first time in a decade. I feel like my overall performance really improved a lot from last year.”

“I plan to join the track team and focus on gaining speed and getting 215 pounds by spring football. I also plan to have a 3.7 GPA or above next year going into my senior season.”

“I feel our team will do great next season as long as we put in more work day in and day out and stay disciplined. I feel like next season we can do better if anything, [and] I know we will.”

“The team I feel will be the toughest on our schedule is Tampa Catholic if we play them again.”

“The toughest individual our team will face off against is Carlos Mitchell #2 from Lake Wales, he is [an] athlete and can get the job done on both sides of the field.”

Q&A with Miramar quarterback Kael Alexander
“We did very well, 10-2 overall, it didn’t end how we wanted it to end but we will be back next year and ready to compete for a state championship.”

“My plans with sports and workouts are working out every day, running track with my school's track team and throwing with my teammates and trainer.”

“I feel very confident in the team we have next year. We will only build off of next year and make another run at a state championship.”

“We don’t have our schedule yet for next year but I can only assume who we will play some tough teams. Usually it’s the same tough teams every year so I would say St. Thomas.”

“Again I don’t know who we will play yet next season, so this one will be determined once the schedule is released.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News