ADVERTISEMENT

Fla Varsity High School Football Talk

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Ida Baker quarterback Kaiden Stengel
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been working hard during spring football which just ended last week and summer workouts start on the 13th. Currently I am visiting a couple different colleges to attend their camps for the next couple days.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“I feel I have improved a lot with my pocket movement and footwork and I have gotten a stronger arm over this offseason.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I do believe we have a good chance to make a playoff push this year. Our district is going to be tough this year but I believe that our team has what it takes.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Lehigh will most likely be the toughest team on our schedule. They just came off a 41-0 win against Lely in the spring and they have some great athletes.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Richard Young is our toughest matchup this season. He is the top-ranked running back in his class.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Dr. Phillips running back Seven Moorehead
“Outside field work/ weight room [work] with teammates and 7 on 7 team workout and lacrosse.”

“Agility, speed, being able to [move laterally] quicker.”

“I feel if we come together [since a lot of us are underclassmen] we will do pretty good! We had 36 seniors graduate.”

“Ocoee….. hear their offense will be tough.”

“The kid from IMG transferring to Jones, that kid might be a problem, he’s good!”

Q&A with University offensive tackle Jordan Bakpa
“Off season workouts don’t start for me until June 6th, so I’ve been doing home body workouts and taking daily morning runs as a way to stay in shape.”

“I feel that I have improved upon my athleticism and IQ the most since last football season.”

“I feel that my team has tons of potential and will accomplish quite a lot, while laying the groundwork for years of success to come.”

“Jones High School.”

“Malik Bryant.”

Q&A with Pensacola Catholic quarterback Aidan Byrd
“Just trying to get faster and put more weight on me, so mainly speed training but also getting stronger.”

“I feel like the most improved aspect would be my ability to deliver the ball accurately on the run.”

“Everyone on the team including myself and the coaches believe that our team has a good chance to go deep into the playoffs this year. We are very talented on both sides of the ball.”

“I feel Mobile Christian will be the toughest competition we face do to the fact that they match up with us skill wise and age wise.”

“Raymond Cotrell.”

Q&A with Lake Wales quarterback Trent Grotjan
“I’ve been in the weight room quite frequently as well as training with The Stable to get my mechanics as good as possible. I’ve also been meeting with my OC, watching film and studying the play book to better prepare for the season.”

“I would say the most improved aspect of my game since last season would be my overall IQ of the game, strength, speed, and consistency.”

“I am extremely confident in my team this year, we were able to get better each practice during the spring and I know this will translate to summer and fall practices. I know that we will be very successful based on our willingness to work and the coaching we receive.”

“I feel that the toughest competition on our schedule, or at least the game we are most excited for is against Lake Gibson in week 7.”

“We play Lake Gibson who has the 5-star DB Cormani Mcclain.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News