ADVERTISEMENT

First Academy transfers

UHSTitan

Apr 25, 2015
Orange City
Reading an article on bhsn.com that says TFA should do really well this season with the returning players plus the transfers which include about 4 dudes from DP one of which is that hoss OL guy. Why would kids leave a respected and winning program to play lower level private school ball? Especially Ashley, kid is ranked as #6 tackle in the country, it's not like DP can't win. Is there something brewing internally?

Calvin Ashley is leaving TFA and heading to St. John's in Washington DC. He will have been to five schools in four years. That's not a DP problem. That's HIS problem.

Well damn.... I wonder how many colleges he'll attend lol

I just don't understand why they would leave DP to go to a 5-5 private school team. If my kid was zoned for DP you best believe he's staying put. Seems like maybe they didn't want to compete, probably don't want those kids in your program anyway!!

Reactions: peezy28
I just don't understand why they would leave DP to go to a 5-5 private school team. If my kid was zoned for DP you best believe he's staying put. Seems like maybe they didn't want to compete, probably don't want those kids in your program anyway!!
Probably. Some kids parents are not willing to see them compete for time and would rather them be at a small school so they can feel some false sense of success. Weird.

Reactions: UHSTitan
DP doesn't need that player. I won't name him.

DP also had two other D1's leave --- Chance Bush (Apopka) and James Green (Olympia).

They still have 7 guys with D1 offers and two with D1AA at the moment. More will get offers, anywhere up to 5-7 more guys over the next year or so (some c/o 2018, some 2019 and one player that is 2020).

Last edited:
TFA also got DP's 3 best basketball players this past year. All D1 studs. Our first non-20 win season in 22 years. We won 19.

Ask college coaches how they feel about recruits that move several times in four years. More and more, those kids end up at schools that HAVE to take a chance on head case transfers.

AFAIC, those kids are scared, me guys, that don't love the game, just the recruiting. On both levels.

Reactions: Milquetoast
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT