ADVERTISEMENT

FHSAA

anon_00zx5879k0jmw

Oct 19, 2004
JUst heard they did a coin flip and allowed a WINLESS TEAM in the playoffs because they were tied in points!!!!

Point system was suppose to stop this nonsense, it’s a failure if true!!!!

Go back to what we had period .

What happened to the rule of going to the next criteria such as who has the most CATEGORY wins? Isn’t that the policy? 0-10 team should not be in the playoffs, FHSAA has dumbed down the system just for $$$$!!

They had same categories wins of cat 1, cat 2 and cat 3

They don't use cat 4 wins as a tiebreaker

Also had Jackson not dropped Lee before the season they would have gotten 38 points by playing that game so i say Jackson deserved to miss the playoffs

They didn't fulfill their contract obligations so they should be sitting on outside feeling sorry for themselves

It's just unfortunate that region was such garbage that a winless team complied enough points to get final playoff slot

Solution

Either go back to 4 teams per region or go to 2 regions of 8 teams making playoffs in 1-4a instead of 6 teams making it in 4 regions

JUst heard they did a coin flip and allowed a WINLESS TEAM in the playoffs because they were tied in points!!!!

Point system was suppose to stop this nonsense, it’s a failure if true!!!!

Go back to what we had period .

How many times must i say this

The old system was a complete dumpster fire and deserved to be put on shelf permanently if for no other reason it was too basic for a middle school playoffs much less the high school playoffs of a frekin power state like FL

How many times must i say this

The old system was a complete dumpster fire and deserved to be put on shelf permanently if for no other reason it was too basic for a middle school playoffs much less the high school playoffs of a frekin power state like FL

you can keep saying it over and over. At least the games were decided on the field in the last system. The new system is also a dumpster fire

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
you can keep saying it over and over. At least the games were decided on the field in the last system. The new system is also a dumpster fire

It is decided on the field

If you win your district you get in, if you don't you better do enough to get a wild card spot

Here's some newsflash, not every runner up deserves to be in the playoffs and this system fixes that

We have always needed a proper seeding, not some flip every year bullcrap that some 6 year old in a playground came up with

I like the concept the new system is built on, just think it needs some adjustments. Too many points awarded for loses and bonus points makes the end turn out bad in some cases. Still think larger districts would have solved the problem with the old system. Having 3 and 4 team districts is why bad teams were getting in.

RULE CHANGES

1. Every team makes the play-offs every season. This ends all arguments.
2. All FHSAA rules are eliminated. This restores order to the game.
3. No limitations on transfers. This insures players rights to choose their team.
4. jambun82 reviews all penalty calls in every game. Note: This might slow down play.
5. All of above subjeck to approval of Grande Head Potentate peezy28.

Thats been my biggest issue. Team A wins a game gets 40 points but Team B loses and receives just about as much. Stop this and it may stop the milking the system.

I also say let 5A and above do what the lower classes are doing have district but dont force gameplay in districts. Where’s the fair gameplay between all classes? State of Florida created the FHSAA to create the fairness but they failed!!

Thats been my biggest issue. Team A wins a game gets 40 points but Team B loses and receives just about as much. Stop this and it may stop the milking the system.

I also say let 5A and above do what the lower classes are doing have district but dont force gameplay in districts. Where’s the fair gameplay between all classes? State of Florida created the FHSAA to create the fairness but they failed!!

The original proposal had 1-8a all removing districts but 5-8a fought to keep them because the teams wanted guaranteed games because several knew they would struggle to find 10 games on their own every year

The original proposal had 1-8a all removing districts but 5-8a fought to keep them because the teams wanted guaranteed games because several knew they would struggle to find 10 games on their own every year

Most likely private schools like STA couldn’t get games. Again fairness across all classes and schools.

I agreed that districts should be kept. For one, its a goal to set. Win it, you are in. I have no issues with that. Look at college sports; you win your conference and you advance. I get why 1a-4a don't have districts, its because of too few teams, many of which are a long ways from another. I was open to the idea of no districts but the more I thought on it, keeping districts was a good ideal.

Need to have districts in every classification to help the situation in the future. Gadsden County’s schedule strength was 3x that of the teams that didn’t get in. That’s how they got so many points. Gadsden will most likely be favored to win their first round game.

Need to have districts in every classification to help the situation in the future. Gadsden County’s schedule strength was 3x that of the teams that didn’t get in. That’s how they got so many points. Gadsden will most likely be favored to win their first round game.

You folks assume too much about strength of schedule. Gadsden got killed in most of their games. All that tells me is that Gadsden isn't good enough to play that type of schedule. While I agree playing tough teams is good, getting beat badly every week does nothing to improve your team.

I’m with Hardee boys: Gadesen had 352 points scored against and they only scored 93. in 66% of their 9 games they only score a TD or less. Based on Maxpreps they missed a game against Rutherford. What kind of logic is there in a system that puts a team in like that?

I’m with Hardee boys: Gadesen had 352 points scored against and they only scored 93. in 66% of their 9 games they only score a TD or less. Based on Maxpreps they missed a game against Rutherford. What kind of logic is there in a system that puts a team in like that?

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Laz there is noway they will win so why favor them? Let me ask you something did you change your algorithm or programming code any with the point system in place? Just curious...

HardeeWildcatFan,

I haven’t changed anything. The Gadsden margin of loss over the first 8 -9 weeks against that schedule is what is driving the power number up. The last two games they were blown out but my algorithm uses an average performance for the whole season instead of being weighted towards recent performance. That said, there are several large schools in the playoffs I would have liked to have seen play a schedule like Gadsden County’s. They might be sitting home right now.

I totally understand why people are pissed. And I totally agree that we shouldn’t have winless teams in the postseason. All I’m saying is the point system is a great way to determine who belongs and who doesn’t.
However, I firmly believe we need one of the following (preferably option 1) to minimize the possibility of this happening again:

1) Fewer Classifications
Or
2) Adding districts back to Classes 1-4.

I totally understand why people are pissed. And I totally agree that we shouldn’t have winless teams in the postseason. All I’m saying is the point system is a great way to determine who belongs and who doesn’t.
However, I firmly believe we need one of the following (preferably option 1) to minimize the possibility of this happening again:

1) Fewer Classifications
Or

I think if they make 1-4a into 2 regions instead of 4 it would seriously help

If they did that they could have 8 teams per region (so 16 per classification)

HardeeWildcatFan,

I haven’t changed anything. The Gadsden margin of loss over the first 8 -9 weeks against that schedule is what is driving the power number up. The last two games they were blown out but my algorithm uses an average performance for the whole season instead of being weighted towards recent performance. That said, there are several large schools in the playoffs I would have liked to have seen play a schedule like Gadsden County’s. They might be sitting home right now.

But GASDEN did not win a single game!!! I’m not downing GASDEN I’m just saying no 0-10 or 0-9 team should even be in the playoffs period!!!

Reactions: peezy28

1) Fewer Classifications
Or

I disagree. Tampa Robinson came in 2nd in their district and even beat Jefferson!!!!! The system is crap

The year Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl, they lost to New Orleans twice. New Orleans didn’t make the playoffs.

All I’m saying is... shtuff happens.

Reactions: peezy28
The year Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl, they lost to New Orleans twice. New Orleans didn’t make the playoffs.

All I’m saying is... shtuff happens.

The reason is because Tampa was 12-4 in regular season and the saints were 9-7. The NFL goes by overall records and dont even use division records unless they need to. Robinson was 2nd in the district they beat DISTRICT teams Jefferson didn’t so why have districts if the 2nd place team doesn’t get in? What gives GASDEN the advantage over teams who won games? Only because they played better record teams and still lost to everyone of them? That’s the same as this participation trophy crap going on these days. The system is a failure period and needs revamping big time. If a team loses they should not get a single point and lower the winning points from the current to 4,3,2,1 depends on category your opponent is in. Quit awarding for losing all your games. It’s trash

Hahaha. All I said is I like the system.
I agree with the concept because schedules are far from equal. I didn’t create the system. Football is not like baseball or basketball where so many games are played that schedules tend to be more balanced.
I do agree that winless teams do not belong in the playoffs. I simply believe that point system is not the problem. Instead, we must address the product structure.

Hahaha. All I said is I like the system.
I agree with the concept because schedules are far from equal. I didn’t create the system. Football is not like baseball or basketball where so many games are played that schedules tend to be more balanced.
I do agree that winless teams do not belong in the playoffs. I simply believe that point system is not the problem. Instead, we must address the product structure.

They should have thought about this ahead of time. FHSAAs Director gets a huge paycheck to think about the pros and cons. Just like politicians they didn’t think about it before rushing it to get it approved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT