ADVERTISEMENT

Escambia 44 Columbia 41

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
Did anyone attend? What's the scoop? Columbia is always good. Is Escambia better? Sounds like it was an exciting game.

Thanks! I was surprised by the score and knew someone was missing. I also had to dig very deep into the Pensacola News Journal to read about the game.

Your welcome, it was an exciting finish. Columbia had the ball on the gators 35 with 3 minutes to go down by 3 but escambia held. The gators have a good team I believe it was #8 the running back he is really good.

Why were you surprised by the score? Columbia hasn't been elite in a while. They are a solid program year in and year out sure but you are also talking about an Escambia team that beat Niceville this year.

It will be interesting to see how Escambia is when they get their starting QB back in the lineup. He hasn't played since week 1, but is expected to return soon.

Reactions: Captains Morgan
It was a different game when Columbia made adjustments from having 3 defensive starters out but it was too late. If u think u can take 3 starters off a high school teams defense and play just as good u don't know anything about high school football.

Sounds like a nice excuse, only problem is Columbia hasn't stopped anybody all year. They have given up 39, 27 and 44 so far this year, and the back up QB put 44 on you guys. Columbia is solid but they need to tighten that up if they want to make a serious run.

Columbia look real good getting off the bus, that I do know.
Why the three defenders have to sit out?

We don't recruit so missing 3 defensive players is big, when the coaches got to make adjustments at half they scored 0. Report cards came out Thursday so that might be why.

Frye had 492 total yards against Columbia. Also had a 97 yard Touch down called back. Easy to say that Columbia was fried by Jabir Frye....
286 rushing
41 receiving
40 passing
124 KOR
and a 97 yard KOR that was called back....

What did he have in the 2nd half? I know he had 230 yds rushing in the 1st half. So Columbia didn't have any TDs called back lmao. Was u there?

How is the kid that transfered from Lafayette working out Jeff? He starts at safety right? He should be able to help fill the void of a few of the injuires.

What did he have in the 2nd half? I know he had 230 yds rushing in the 1st half. So Columbia didn't have any TDs called back lmao. Was u there?
yes saw the whole thing. Saw Escambia drive the ball down the field at the end of the game and take a knee....Saw the cheat shot the nose took on the center while they were taking a knee...Seams that everytime Escambia beats someone ie. Niceville, West Florida, & Lake City. They have an excuse....I agreee Escambia is not perfect, but now they will get there QB back. The offense will be much improved...

Yeah, but most folks don't go on and on about them. Next man up and keep going. You guys lost, you were getting blown out at home at the half and made a nice comeback and didn't get it done. Good luck moving forward but I expect you guys to do what you usually do, 2nd-3rd rd solid season.

Cause they made adjustments and the backups got use to the speed of the game. I said escambia won but like I said the best doesn't always win. Whos ur team?

Well hopefully for you guys they prepare a little better during the week for Bolles. So they don't need all the halftime adjustments. ;)

Just to get it out there, report cards had nothing to do with kids sitting out. 1 was sick, 1 had pinkeye, and one was late on game day which was a teachers workday. The Fry kid had a heck of a night against us and we lost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT