ADVERTISEMENT

Epic Panhandle Battle in Two Weeks

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
Niceville beat my Indians for the 7th year in a row to go 7-0 for the year. However, another team in their district, Crestview, is 8-0 with a bye next week. When they meet in two weeks, it will be for the district championship and will go a long way in determining who will be favored to win region 1 in the playoffs. The game will be at Crestview and the crowd will be enormous. I've been to many playoffs game in that stadium and the fans even line up their pickup trucks outside the end zone fence and watch from there.

Best of luck to both teams!

Should be quite the game. Crestview's offense against Niceville's defense. The difference in the game will be if Crestview can stop Niceville's offense. Choctaw hung 40 on Crestview.

I definitely think the difference will be Niceville's defense. Niceville is known for their powerful offense year in and year out..this year the other side of the ball is probably better than their offense..scary thought. Should be a fun game...

Crestucky with the upset!!! (just kidding - unless there are 17 phantom holding calls against Niceville). Niceville 42-Crestview 28

Even with Pine Forest not living up to what was expected, Panhandle football has looked pretty good this year IMO....Right down to a under the radar West Florida team.

Too far away my man. Clearwater. Should have took a visit or 2 during my college days in Tallahassee back in 00-05. I did get to see a game at The Boot and Valdiggidy though.

Too far away my man. Clearwater. Should have took a visit or 2 during my college days in Tallahassee back in 00-05. I did get to see a game at The Boot and Valdiggidy though.
Clearwater isn't that far and our weather is becoming football perfect. You should come up. The Niceville Crestview game should be a spectacle and Crestview is a good atmosphere despite their obnoxious scoreboard. But the Niceville Navarre game the following week will probably be a better game.

Reactions: xcat1969
Yeah I am sure my wife and daughter would want me to come back home so it would be no staying in the Panhandle Roady LOL... Oh and I think we have different opinions on what is too far to drive for a High School Football Game

This right here is a little too far for me to drive on any given Friday LMAO.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cle...c92436114ab941ab!2m2!1d-86.47675!2d30.5202209

To be honest man I don't even get out to local games much anymore with the addition of a almost 2 year old, Job and Husband responsibilities...

Maybe I will plan a trip to Tallahassee around a big game for Niceville next year and try to make that happen but yeah 6 hours aint happening... Hell 45 minutes aint happening these days LOL.

Well Peezy, I'm sure one of them will meet Armwood in the playoffs. That should be in your area, right?

Yes, Baker is doing well again and I am so happy for them. Matt Brunson has done a great job. Too bad Crestview didn't him enough time to develop that program.

Hopefully, they will send two Okaloosa County teams deep into the playoffs this year!

Yeah I am sure my wife and daughter would want me to come back home so it would be no staying in the Panhandle Roady LOL... Oh and I think we have different opinions on what is too far to drive for a High School Football Game

This right here is a little too far for me to drive on any given Friday LMAO.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cle...c92436114ab941ab!2m2!1d-86.47675!2d30.5202209

To be honest man I don't even get out to local games much anymore with the addition of a almost 2 year old, Job and Husband responsibilities...

Maybe I will plan a trip to Tallahassee around a big game for Niceville next year and try to make that happen but yeah 6 hours aint happening... Hell 45 minutes aint happening these days LOL.
If you have a 2 year old you are probably as close to going to a game there as here. It passes quickly. Both of mine were two yesterday. Now they're married

Reactions: Silver King
Well Peezy, I'm sure one of them will meet Armwood in the playoffs. That should be in your area, right?

Yes, Baker is doing well again and I am so happy for them. Matt Brunson has done a great job. Too bad Crestview didn't him enough time to develop that program.

Hopefully, they will send two Okaloosa County teams deep into the playoffs this year!

Yeah but I want to see at game AT Niceville for the atmosphere!

I'm with ya Peezy....2 year old and another one on the way. I've been to about 1 game over the last 2 years lol. You should have made the trip in 05 from Tally to watch the Lakeland @ Niceville Semifinal game....the most intense HS game I've ever been too...I would pay to see the game film of that one right now....

I was actually gone by then. I graduated in April 05 but I would have went if I was still up there. Outside of the girls, the alcohol and the parties the next favorite thing to do in Tally was travel on a Friday and see some HSFB from South Ga to anywhere in the Big Bend/Panhandle. Heck if I was heading home on a Friday I would leave early and hit one of those small town schools doing US 19 like Dixie or Chiefland.

That game was amazing. It was so crowded you stood sideways. It was so noisy the players couldn't hear the calls. What a game. My wife beat on my shoulder the entire game.

I was there. Nully Secundus and his wife came from Tallahassee to join me. It was truly an epic game!

Last edited:
Yeah - the games at the 'Ville are pretty fun. Band going all night, silly string by the several pounds, LOUD standing room only crowds. Tough place to play as an opponent, especially if your school has nothing like it.

Reactions: Roadkillav8r
Bassfield, MS played us last year and we had a chance to talk with some of the players parents. They had never seen anything like it. They actually asked to come back they had so much fun.

OT: This year is Bassfield's last as a school. Consolidation. Glad I got to see them play - even if they were outmatched. They're on track to win their 5th straight state championship in MS 2A (Bassfield's enrollment is a little over 200 in 9th - 12th grades).

Niceville gets by Pine Forest 27-14 so the epic matchup is set for next Friday night in Crestview. Pine Forest tested Niceville more than most thought. Not sure if Niceville was looking past them a lil to Crestview or if Pine Forest has improved. Either way good effort by both teams last night.

Lost our #1 wide receiver and corner early in the game. PF has a very good defense. PF scored on a fumble recovery and against second string D. A hard fought game. I think PF is finally healthy. Good team.

Reactions: AmstaffNole
Pine Forest finally changed the defense to a 2 safety look. Minus a few big plays over the middle, the defense played good. I don't think Niceville was use to getting blitzed like they did and that really helped the secondary. PF offense is just really bad, losing their offensive coordinator to Gulf Breeze was a bigger blow than expected. I think Crestview-Niceville is going to be a high scoring game. Choctaw scored 40 on Crestview so I expect Niceville to score at least 60. I hope #1 is ok because they're going to definitely need him down the road.

I've heard rumors it's a broken leg but that doesn't jibe with the "boot" he wore on the sidelines in the second half. Probably at best he could be back for state if they make it that far. As soon as I hear something I'll post. The kid across the street is a JV linebacker. When I see him I'll get the scoop.

Yeah that one is gonna hurt for sure. They should be able to make it to Round 4 but then they'll face Armwood or Vanguard...gonna be tough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT