ADVERTISEMENT

Duke..... Owed a victory?

te35

Jul 4, 2007
After the ACC suspended all of the officials involved in Duke's game, should Duke be awarded the victory over "the U", knowing that the winning touchdown should have never counted? I don't know if there has ever been a precedent for awarding a victory after the fact, but it seems only fair to Duke.

Fair to Duke? You did see that last Duke drive to take the lead with 6 seconds to go ? How about the ref's, after the fact, analyze that whole drive play by play, paying particular attention to the alleged go ahead score. While at it, take a look at the fouls called throughout the game. We know the 'Canes have never been choirboys, but the number difference in calls, 24-5 ? Is the largest in the history of college football, or that's what I heard :). Go Canes.. And 'noles

There were several questionable pass interference calls against the Canes, also.

I heard on TV that the results cannot be changed because betting on the games are allowed. How do you get money back when you've already made a payout?

NO, the game had a final score be it right or wrong. Miami won... Duke can get in the line with the rest of the whinners... Remember there were several bad calls going against Miami...

Suck it up Duke and find better refs.

Danny, thanks for pointing that out, I went back and looked it was 23 for 194 yards against Miami and that last PI was fictional, and I would have liked to see the ball break the plane on their score.

Didn't Duke do this in basketball once too about a bad call? Again, they're making a bigger deal than the Miami / Ohio State game for the National Title.

I'm going to be devil's advocate here. What if you substitute lets say.......Alabama for Duke........and let's say that Bama lost in the playoffs like Duke did........ARE YOU KIDDING me........how big of a s..t storm would the Harvey Updikes of the world cause? The investigation would make Watergate look like child's play......say in'say in'

OK te35, since we're dealing in hypotheticals.... Notre Dame is playing at Duke and the penalties called are 23- 5 against the Fighting Irish. Duke's go ahead drive is helped along with 3 Major penalties, any of which were judgment calls. Now out of time outs with one final play QB tries to sneak in behind the center. Both network announcers don't think he crossed the goal line. Score called, 6 seconds on the clock. Let's face it, it was a bad crew and the Canes aren't given the benefit of the doubt like N.D. or others. But the fix started long before that final unbelievable play. The team that won should have anyway... In my homer opinion :)

Reactions: Silver King
I'm giving Danny the last word on this. But, I figured Jam would have weighed in by now. Maybe there's a Nation-wide ref gag order.

No headache for me Blackpopsicle. I know how college officials move up the ladder, and I am much more interested in High School Football officiating in the state of Florida.

I agree with SK... sure give Duke the victory but in turn give Miami the National Title from the Phantom interference.

The University of Miami is reporting that ACC officials have told them that " multiple calls again the Hurricane's " during the game were incorrect. Even a Hater knows a 23-5 flag count in favor of the home team is BS ! .... The defense rest its case.

I say its part of Ratingsgate; the new NCAA/Committee/Media covert operations all somehow tied in with the weekly Top Four pick. I haven't figured exactly how yet, with these two teams, but I'm on it!

All I have about what Blackpopsicle? What do you want me to say?
I want you to use a little exposition on what officials due to get college gigs. I want you to explain how a crew can miss or miscall so many things and then miss the most glaring, play ending call with replay. Because they are human? I get it. They're incompetent, because all the good ones are in Florida?
Or... You could say that crew is an embarrassment and you have a headaches because everyone looks to you as the authority on officials.

Maybe we should pay officials more to draw more talent and make them more accountable.

The fact that the officials were suspended means that they are being held accountable. I am not going to defend or criticize these officials because I am on this message board to discuss high school football officials in the state of Florida, not college officials. You would have to ask them how they missed or ruled incorrectly on so many calls. I think that there are good officials all over the United States, not just in Florida. I have heard that the best looking officials are in Florida, but that is just a rumor.

I have heard that the best looking officials are in Florida, but that is just a rumor.
How you grade an official on how "good he look"? Whether or not he got wing sauce on his uni? Technique when he throw a flag? Fingernails dirt-free and neatly trimmed? Stripes on his shirt all runnin the same direction? Shoes both the same color?

The Karma of it is, its the human element and calls have a way of balancing out over the course of a season - well except that one that cost the Canes a National Title, but at least the guy admitted he made a mistake.

The Karma of it is, its the human element and calls have a way of balancing out over the course of a season - well except that one that cost the Canes a National Title, but at least the guy admitted he made a mistake.
SO? I heard that Bishop Don Brasco rich kid day care and football factory was the D- Bomb diggity, but they didn't win they damn district, did they?

DID THEY, GOT DANG IT?!
This post has been edited to protect the sensitive nature of dopey broads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT