ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. P looks good in win v. Plant

181pl

Aug 24, 2006
Tampa
Want to recognize Dr. P and my earlier post is probably going to get swallowed up in the Manatee thread.

Good game by Dr. P. last night. They were definitely the sharper team and they executed their game plan better. Plant couldn't overcome another slow start.

Looked like Plant was seizing momentum in the third when the cut it to 17-10, but Dr. P. had the big K.O. return right after the Plant TD and that was the big play of the game. I told my son and buddy there with me that I hope the Plant kicker was able to reach the endzone (like he did about 80% of the time during the regular season) with the K.O. or bad things were going to happen. Plant's K.O. coverage looked they were expecting a deeper kick because it looked like they over-ran the coverage. As soon as the DP returner got through the first wave, he was gone.

Plant really missed Brooks (#1). The whole offense runs through him. When #6 went out (Ty Baldwin-Hunter) at the end of the third, I new they were in trouble. 6 made some very, very nice runs when Plant made a little push, but it wasn't enough. With a healthy Brooks, I think this one would have been a lot like last year, more down to the wire. But overall, Dr. P. looked more motivated and sharper.

DP has a good of a chance as any team in 8A. They have a very good, active defense. Excellent running game and good OL. Passing game is suspect, but because there is no dominant team in 8A, it might not matter. Overall a very good team and they are very well coached.

Congrats again on a fine victory to the Dr. P. program and all of the Dr. P. fans. They were deserving of the big W last night!

And if DP's number 15 starting LB and one of their best playmakers number 8 didn't get hurt in the first half and miss the rest of the game... it could have been worse.
I get it that injuries happen... but don't come on here and say if Brooks played it would have been like last year. Hell if Procter played for DP last year Plant would have never won......Is the same thing.
The better team won last night... end of story

Originally posted by Lakers20:
And if DP's number 15 starting LB and one of their best playmakers number 8 didn't get hurt in the first half and miss the rest of the game... it could have been worse.
I get it that injuries happen... but don't come on here and say if Brooks played it would have been like last year. Hell if Procter played for DP last year Plant would have never won......Is the same thing.
The better team won last night... end of story
Whatever you want to think Lakesrs20. I didn't say Plant would have won with Brooks. I said it would have been a better game. When 6 started gashing your defense, those are runs that Brooks takes to the house.

This Plant team is better than the one from last year, it just was more dependent on one player than any team I can think of that they've had. Even with a healthy Brooks, Dr. P. is the better squad, especially on their home field.

Again, congrats on the Big W. I like Dr. P. and I think they will beat Manatee. The teams are kind of mirror images of each other, but Dr. P is at home. I really like the Dr. P. defense.

I must have missed that Gashing that number 6 was doing...I gave you facts about number 15 and 8 and you come back with "Whatever you think"

Lakers, here is a fact for you. Isom sored all of your touchdowns and was clearly your best player. If he doesn't play what do you think the outcome is? Same thing with Brooks. Clearly their best player. A player that scored touchdowns every game and make a lot of big runs. Again congrats on the win I like Doctor P and hope you take States.

WE can argue that point all day and I have no problem with what your saying... But then you have to say the same thing about last year when DP was without Procter, their best player and only lost by 1.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT