ADVERTISEMENT

Cutting out scoring plays from film

LonnieFarmJimmy

Nov 19, 2013
Do coaches who cut out scoring or trick plays from trade film not realize that we all get film elsewhere? Do they really think no one will notice? Apparently, there is a new coach who does this every week... Come on man!

Some schools live stream the games on YouTube. Anyone can scout you at that point.

Is film swapping required? If not who cares? Shoot if it were me I wouldn't trade anything. Go find it on your own. Like mentioned above,its not hard to get.

Hard to believe a coach does that considering it’s so easy to get film on other teams with schools sending each other film through hudl. Common opponents send film over all the time. Not really a fan of it, but it seems like everyone does it. My point is, why cut out plays when you know they can get your film from others?

I've had it happen a few times, it is just an indicator you are coaching against a team that is run by someone who is clueless. Indicators #2 and #3 incidentally are pre-game warm up done without shoulder pads on and PAT block rushing from both sides. The best indicator of having an idiot coach I've ever seen was several years ago when in pre-game a guy in an all White Puma tracksuit was teaching the longsnapper to longsnap one handed. It was glorious, I think we blocked 2 counting the one that went over his head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT