ADVERTISEMENT

Countdown to August 24th in Orlando: UF vs UM

Neutral 0bserver

Sep 6, 2002
The Gators is preseason-ranked 8th or so and favored by 7. The U is searching for a new identity. What will happen in Orlando? Which music video link will SK be posting on Sunday the 25th?

Certainly looking forward to peezy's take (cause he don't have a dog in the fight).

Related Poll: Will Tate Martell petition the NCAA to transfer before halftime?

In other newz: HS football officials in SW Florida has decided to act like wimmens soccer players. They want mo money or else they will do an "Antonio Brown" and not show up. 10 games may be cancelled.

The latest on HardeeWildcatFan: Your ex-wife send you a letter claiming she have decided to kill herself, then you learn she has done bought the trailer right next door.

Does Miami have coach now? I lost track. It should be a great game and I'm counting the days. Putting my Gator flag out on the porch this afternoon. I hope ESPN has the sense to schedule it at night so it's at least a little cooler.

I think the Gators are rated too high just because they finally have a QB who has been there a while. I am thrilled to have Dan Mullen at the helm but recruiting has been down for a while. With FSU suffering, maybe the Gators will draw the best talent from the state. But it looks like UCF has been doing that lately.

So glad college football is soon starting. That means cooler weather will be here in no time!

Watched the U fans last night on their message board celebrate the apparent ankle injury to starting OT Delance, as its going to cause Florida to start a RS freshman OT Gouraige. If Franks picks up where he left off after the Michigan Peach Bowl win, I think the Gators put this one away in the 2nd half. Ethan White the almost 400 lbs true freshman OL from Clearwater, has apparently lost 60 lbs over the spring and summer, added to his strength and is currently taking snaps with the 2nd team OL.........look for him to take snaps during the game as part of the regular OL rotation. Also look for Hillsborough HS Zac Carter to make a name for himself this game also!

Go Canes Go!

The highly ranked Gators are on their way to the Final Four this season, you heard it here first.

They'll do this while cementing their legacy as a place where being a masoginist, or launching a burgeoning career as serial killer is simply viewed as a cost of doing business.

"Earlier this week, a new report found a fifth member of the Florida Gators football program was accused of violence against women during Dan Mullen’s tenure as the team’s head coach."

Hasn't he only been there for one year?

Watched the U fans last night on their message board celebrate the apparent ankle injury to starting OT Delance, as its going to cause Florida to start a RS freshman OT Gouraige.
"Earlier this week, a new report found a fifth member of the Florida Gators football program was accused of violence against women during Dan Mullen’s tenure as the team’s head coach."
Good Lord. Still 8 days before kick-off and two of FV's oldest and most-respected posters is already at each other's throats. Hard to believe!

If Rodney King was still alive, he would probably ax:

The Gators is preseason-ranked 8th or so and favored by 7. The U is searching for a new identity. What will happen in Orlando? Which music video link will SK be posting on Sunday the 25th?

Certainly looking forward to peezy's take (cause he don't have a dog in the fight).

Related Poll: Will Tate Martell petition the NCAA to transfer before halftime?

In other newz: HS football officials in SW Florida has decided to act like wimmens soccer players. They want mo money or else they will do an "Antonio Brown" and not show up. 10 games may be cancelled.

The latest on HardeeWildcatFan: Your ex-wife send you a letter claiming she have decided to kill herself, then you learn she has done bought the trailer right next door.

My opinion is can lightening strike the field at kickoff?

What I think will happen: UF by 10, What I would prefer happening UM by 3.

Watched the U fans last night on their message board celebrate the apparent ankle injury to starting OT Delance, as its going to cause Florida to start a RS freshman OT Gouraige. If Franks picks up where he left off after the Michigan Peach Bowl win, I think the Gators put this one away in the 2nd half. Ethan White the almost 400 lbs true freshman OL from Clearwater, has apparently lost 60 lbs over the spring and summer, added to his strength and is currently taking snaps with the 2nd team OL.........look for him to take snaps during the game as part of the regular OL rotation. Also look for Hillsborough HS Zac Carter to make a name for himself this game also!

Go Canes Go!

I really hope Ethan didnt gain that much weight. He was a spring enrollee and he left Clearwater at about 340-350.

The coaching staffs of both teams have a lot of teaching to do. UM had countless penalties, but both teams lacked discipline and made one stupid mistake after another. The Gator D did their level best to try to give the game away late in the 4th quarter.

Both O-Lines looked pathetic, but UM gave up many sacks when UF rushed only three men.

Miami's RS freshman QB fared as well as might have been expected - given his lack of protection - but it may be difficult for him to make it through a full season w/o a major injury. UF's QB needs to drop the sideline celebration B.S. and concentrate on playing better FB.

Of a positive nature, both teams have no shortage of skill players and neither team showed any sign of quit. Expect improvement from both squads.

Nu'Trelle out.

With all that, it was 3 special team gaffs that handed the game to the Gators:

1) Not playing asisgnment football on the fake punt for the first down (7 point drive)

2) Muffing the punt (7 points)

3) Missing Field Goal (7-point drive)

Miami got only 3 points off 4 turnovers. Their Defense was the best on the field.

And hey, where was that waving off the Pass Interferenace call in the endzone during the Ohio State Game that cost the Canes #6?

Still shinning your National Championship ring Sir Galahad? They still make reference to that when they need a punchline on ESPN an the SEC Network.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT