ADVERTISEMENT

Cocoa tigers no respect

tigertats16

Jun 28, 2016
I love how cocoa football gets very little respect on these boards the beat the number 16th ranked team in the nation and not much is said but if they would have lost it WOULD be all over the boards

Reactions: swett2victory
Tats... you should chill really... No one on this board atleast would have had as much to say if they lost than they did if they won.... There's no big hatred of Cocoa here or anywhere accept for the other less fortunate Brevard schools

I'm reckon that most on this board rooted for Cocoa over the Private school.

Again I say chill and don't post while on the midnight oil. (Like your BTW post)

Love Cocoa. But Gorman is a different animal all together. Why would this game be scheduled (other than the Vegas trip; props for that)?

Reactions: peezy28
peezy28,good post as always..I saw Cocoa go to Jersey and beat Bergen Catholic..They won with resolve and discipline and beat a cocky group that day..They ran the ball day with a great back and prevailed. Your right,most don't dislike Cocoa.. One of the best smaller teams in America.

I also think there is a lot of respect for Coach Wilkerson here.

Like I said the "haters" you see are those from other "less fortunate" Brevard schools.

Im not that hard to find if your at any cocoa games so if you want to discuss this more in person ask almost any one at a cocoa game they can point me out do u go to cocoa football games?

You want to fight a random person on the internet over someone mocking you with "boo frickin who" on the internet? Really?

Reactions: Milquetoast
I joined in 1999/2000 but was another name. I was at DP in 2001. Good luck Cocoa

Reactions: 181pl
I love how cocoa football gets very little respect on these boards the beat the number 16th ranked team in the nation and not much is said but if they would have lost it WOULD be all over the boards
Bruh! Thank you so much for WTA. I HAD A 6'6" tackle that drank the Koolaid and believed that Trinity was a better vehicle for getting a scholarship. The day before the season started, h transferred. After an undefeated season, they swept through 3a won rings, and he went to Hampton. 6'6" white guy with limited feet. Hampton.

Well, he got that Trinity diploma, right on.

Im not that hard to find if your at any cocoa games so if you want to discuss this more in person ask almost any one at a cocoa game they can point me out do u go to cocoa football games?
So the ticket booth lady? She'll direct me to user tigertats16?
I don't want to be presumptuous here. If I ask her for user tigertats16 she'll, like, radio you or something?

You seem upset. Why did you delete your post?

So the ticket booth lady? She'll direct me to user tigertats16?
I don't want to be presumptuous here. If I ask her for user tigertats16 she'll, like, radio you or something?

You seem upset. Why did you delete your post?

He didn't delete it, I did,

Reactions: Milquetoast
Add me to the group of people who respect Cocoa football. What's not to like about that program? WAVE OUT!

Cocoa is a great team, and beat a great team in Colquitt County. I also agree that Bishop Gorman is more of an IMG type of team and they will give Cocoa more than they can handle. Either way, Cocoa always has my respect.

Yea they got their hands full tonight lol its a learning experience I couldn't get off work but ever one in the family flew out yesterday to watch the game

You want to fight a random person on the internet over someone mocking you with "boo frickin who" on the internet? Really?

Not near as bad ass, or as good an exchange on here, as when that Miami Killian cat was going to get on a Greyhound Bus and roll up I-95 to beat that ass of someone who didn't agree that Killian was the best team in the state that year they won it.

Reactions: Neutral 0bserver
Not near as bad ass, or as good an exchange on here, as when that Miami Killian cat was going to get on a Greyhound Bus and roll up I-95 to beat that ass of someone who didn't agree that Killian was the best team in the state that year they won it.
Agree 100%. It'll be a long time before we ever see somebody who can touch that dude.

... as when that Miami Killian cat was going to get on a Greyhound Bus and roll up I-95 to beat ... someone's ass ...
Folks, this is why they'll likely never be no forum to TOP this one. The dude that SK's talkin bout was dead serious. Someone baited the dude by saying he would go North to find the other guy. Killian dude said if he did he'd have to take a bus and it took off from there. Believe the Killian dude even axed what stop he'd need to get off at and what the fare from the 305 would be. For a week or more, you couldn't visit this damn board without pissing your pants :)

Over the years I notice the same thang Mr. Tat sir. Cocoa has always been a very dominating team. The 90s was a great decade, I know that. I have not really been following them but like you said....no respect. I have been watching these boards talk about every other power house but Cocoa.....have they dropped in record setting over the years?

By the way, when was Merritt Islands best year to your knowledge?

OT:

What ever happened to Rockledge back in the early 2000s they always had a solid squad and seems they have really fallen off. Them and Palm Bay produced some awesome teams back then I'm guessing Bayside took away from Palm Bay. I loved when Vero used to play them wish they'd play more Brevard teams got some good ball up there and it's not a far drive for either team. Vero had a good rivalry back in the day with Merrit Island would like to see that happen again, only two real rivalry games we play anymore is against Sebastin River and Fort Pierce Central.

Coach Wood, a defensive guru , got old and left Rockledge, Coach Odom left Merritt Island, went to New Smyrna Beach, flipped them to the good, then went on to doormat Cocoa and changed the atmosphere. Young assistant Wilkinson added to the formula for greater continued success.

Coach Wood, a defensive guru , got old and left Rockledge, Coach Odom left Merritt Island, went to New Smyrna Beach, flipped them to the good, then went on to doormat Cocoa and changed the atmosphere. Young assistant Wilkinson added to the formula for greater continued success.
I'm trying to remember: Was Coach Odom also the Weightlifting Teacher?

Love Cocoa. But Gorman is a different animal all together. Why would this game be scheduled (other than the Vegas trip; props for that)?
I could have been a great game. IF...
If the 2nd Cocoa TD were not called back.
If the Hail Mary to end the Half had fallen incomplete.
If Cocoa didn't give up the big passes in the third quarter.
The good is that the 13 year old 8th grade Dada White was being doubled teamed by the best Defense Cocoa will see this year. He was getting to the Bishop Gorman's QB.

OT:

What ever happened to Rockledge back in the early 2000s they always had a solid squad and seems they have really fallen off. Them and Palm Bay produced some awesome teams back then I'm guessing Bayside took away from Palm Bay. I loved when Vero used to play them wish they'd play more Brevard teams got some good ball up there and it's not a far drive for either team. Vero had a good rivalry back in the day with Merrit Island would like to see that happen again, only two real rivalry games we play anymore is against Sebastin River and Fort Pierce Central.
Trelle,
There were a lot of good games going on back then, before teams started stealing other schools best players.
I think for the most part most of the games is changing for the worse with the 'have and have nots'. It's just not balanced anymore when the kids start leaving their school for another one just to play a sport.

Coach Wood was the best coach in Brevard when he had the athletes. He certainly knew how to build a championship team.
Goldfarb was the one that brought football back to Cocoa when he hired Odom, then Wilkinson. I saw Goldfarb last night at the club house and thought about his unseen accomplishments. He was the athletic director that hired Odom to Merritt Island and Cocoa. He had a few years as AD at Trinity Holy where the football program made it to the playoffs. Great football follows the guy.

There have been some good programs in Brevard.
Melbourne in the 60's
Merritt Island in the 70's
Rockledge in the 90's
Cocoa won a few
Titusville won one

Reactions: Neutral 0bserver
There were a lot of good games going on back then, before teams started stealing other schools best players ... It's just not balanced anymore when the kids start leaving their school for another one just to play a sport.
Could not agree more.

Consider what's happened on the opposite (west) coast. Neighboring public schools Southeast and Manatee both went to the '94 Finals in Daytona. Southeast edged Ocala Vanguard (Dante Culpepper); Manatee lost to Southridge, but had beaten Dillard 2 years earlier. Sarasota Riverview went to the big school Final in '88 or '89, but had the misfortune to run into a buzzsaw named Pensacola Pine Forrest.

Great HS football. Football that definitely rivaled whatever you'd find in Dade. College-bound athletes all over the place playing for the school where they were assigned. Annual rivalry games which filled stadiums to overflow and were often worth the 80-90 mile drive from Lee County.

Now it's over.

Reactions: Silver King
Yes, he was the weightlifting teacher, as well as Coach Jerry Odom. Coach Odom Jr. is still the DC at Jacksonville University, if I am not mistaken.

Yes, he was the weightlifting teacher, as well as Coach Jerry Odom. Coach Odom Jr. is still the DC at Jacksonville University, if I am not mistaken.
Ok well now that you say that, I enjoyed Coach Odom as a teacher. He was a fun person to be around. Them football players though....they were tall and huge. It is all I remember. I was just a short cut up dude

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT