ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson vs Alabama

I kind of wondered if Les Miles phoned in the onside kick, because that to me required some Les Miles type brass balls and was the real difference maker in deciding the eventual outcome of this game.

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: peezy28
With the way they were scoring, you had to watch every minute or you would miss a great play. It was an awesome game, very worthy of National Championship status!

Reactions: peezy28
Clemson's inability to deal with Tempo and poor special teams.

Strong QB play, and good run defense kept them in the game, but 550 yds Offense should not lose the game.

Clemson's ranking at the bottom for special teams was their Achilles heel.

Besides the 10 yards, doesn't the ball have to hit the ground or an opposing player before it can be recovered? If not then why doesn't the clock start when a kicker kicks the ball?---I know that we tried this onside kick years ago and even though we caught the ball the refs still gave it to the receiving team because we were told it didn't hit the ground first

Bludog... Y'all got cheated then. The ball doesn't have to hit anything if it goes more than 10 yards.

Clemson gave up the big plays. Losing Deion Cain being to the weed suspension was bigger than I thought... He would have been in the same spot as Renfro who torched Fitzpatrict... Cain would have did more.

We definitely got the best 2 teams and sucks for us Noles Clemson return every darn body on offense.

Reactions: Fan 74
just looked it up-- and according to NFHS rule 6-1-5, a legally kicked ball must both hit the ground and go 10 yds to be legally recovered by the kicking team-- so I guess we didn't get hosed and Bama's onside kick is illegal in florida HS football

just looked it up-- and according to NFHS rule 6-1-5, a legally kicked ball must both hit the ground and go 10 yds to be legally recovered by the kicking team-- so I guess we didn't get hosed and Bama's onside kick is illegal in florida HS football
So youre saying in the Clemson/Alabama game the ball was suppose to hit the ground first on that onside kick?

Peezy, that is not correct. In order for the kicking team to successfully recover an onside kick in NFHS rules, the ball has to both hit the ground and have been at least 10 yards beyond K's neutral zone before being touched by the kicking team. This can occur in any order, but both criteria must be met.

Swett2victory, NCAA rules are different from NFHS rules, so that might not necessarily have been the case for the Alabama onside kick.

Reactions: swett2victory
Peezy, that is not correct. In order for the kicking team to successfully recover an onside kick in NFHS rules, the ball has to both hit the ground and have been at least 10 yards beyond K's neutral zone before being touched by the kicking team. This can occur in any order, but both criteria must be met.

When was this changed? I ask this because Hardee used to have a kicker that used to be able to kick it like that some years ago and fool everyone.

Besides the 10 yards, doesn't the ball have to hit the ground or an opposing player before it can be recovered? If not then why doesn't the clock start when a kicker kicks the ball?---I know that we tried this onside kick years ago and even though we caught the ball the refs still gave it to the receiving team because we were told it didn't hit the ground first

Bob Martin era? If it's the kicker we r both thinking about didn't he use to kick it straight up and it would drop about 10 yards where he kicked and fool everybody?

So the Bama kick was illegal or are they under different rules?

What does the NFHS rule book say about signaling fair catch then advancing the ball by the return team?

Peezy, NCAA and NFHS rules are different. Some states, such as Texas and a few others, use NCAA rules for their High School football games. It puts them at a big disadvantage when they travel to NFHS rules states because blocking below the waist is permitted pretty much anywhere on the field in NCAA rules, but only in the free-blocking zone in certain situations in NFHS rules.

Hardee, if your team's kicker kicked the ball straight up in the air and the ball never hit the ground, there would be not way that the kicking team would be able to legally recover a free-kick kickoff. As far as I am concerned, that has always been the rule. Are you sure that the ball didn't hit the ground immediately, and then pop up in the air?

Hwy17, if a fair catch signal is made and the ball is then advanced by the return team, that would be a delay-of-game penalty.

Thank you Blackpopsicle, but I thought that Jessica deserved to win the poster of the year.

Blackpopsicle, I did vote for her. Didn't you see my screen name listed in the people who voted for SPCJessica2004 list?

I see how YOU call a game. Late and wrong.
Trump-Faces-2.gif

I think you voted for her in the playoff round. Then realized there was a second, final round of voting and voted for her her after voting had ended.

Still a Mooncalf. You should have been the champ and were screwed out of it by cheaters, loudmouths and bumbling administration.

Sorry, SK, you can't control board moronity any more than you can control the tide. Stupid is, because stupid is easy.

My happy moment was watching a walk on no star athlete WR for Clemson burn a Rivals 5 Star Cornerback for Alabama for two touchdowns. Proving as always recruiting ranking mean zero in when the whistle blows.

+100

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT