ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte 28-3 Palmetto

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Tarps rested Mack tonight, and played a little sloppy. Four offsides penalties very uncharacteristic. Simms, the Q has had one INT all season and threw two pics the first half. But our D picked them twice and also ran a guy down that I thought was a sure score at the 7 and held them only to a FG. Congrats on the 5th 10-0 season in school history. I lost my bid for 10-0 on that Palmetto Field the year we went to the semi finals, nice to see The Fish get this one tonight. Time for the Playoffs.

Congratulations on a great season. Going 10-0 should be a momentum builder going into the playoffs. If Charlotte and Clearwater meet in the 2nd round, which school would be at home?

Probably don't make no difference who it should be. Peezy got a lot more pull now that he a Moderator!

Thanks MM, congrats to you guys too. Peezy asked me if I'd be coming if we make it, so that tells me it would be up there, but the Fish have to beat Osceola first and they have to beat Port Charlotte.

IF both teams make it the game would be at Clearwater but after our debacle there is no guarantee... Our kids practiced exactly how they played LIKE SHIT! These kids we have are not used to success and they tanked it this week. Can you believe they were actually telling us stuff like "Coach I got to protect my body, coach I am not trying to get hurt before the playoffs" Look kid that is not the stuff you need to be worried about. Kids just play the dang game the coaches are there to worry about keeping you healthy and utilization.

It was sickening man. We have some outside influences (parents and neighborhood guys) that think they know everything (we all know the type) and are advising our kids to go against the coaches wishes.

We are sitting out one of our best players this week because he decided to miss film study yesterday (only one player missed). He was heard saying "what are they going to do if I don'/t come sit me? I'll transfer" Well guess what kid your good but your not above the team."

So Silver basically what I am saying is these kids got to the playoffs but I am not sure if they are ready for this yet.
I will not be surprised to see PC beat us.

IF both teams make it the game would be at Clearwater but after our debacle there is no guarantee... Our kids practiced exactly how they played LIKE SHIT! These kids we have are not used to success and they tanked it this week. Can you believe they were actually telling us stuff like "Coach I got to protect my body, coach I am not trying to get hurt before the playoffs" Look kid that is not the stuff you need to be worried about. Kids just play the dang game the coaches are there to worry about keeping you healthy and utilization.

It was sickening man. We have some outside influences (parents and neighborhood guys) that think they know everything (we all know the type) and are advising our kids to go against the coaches wishes.

We are sitting out one of our best players this week because he decided to miss film study yesterday (only one player missed). He was heard saying "what are they going to do if I don'/t come sit me? I'll transfer" Well guess what kid your good but your not above the team."

So Silver basically what I am saying is these kids got to the playoffs but I am not sure if they are ready for this yet.
I will not be surprised to see PC beat us.

EC, don't let it rile you up too much. The life of a coach is never easy. You get second guessed all the time and today's youth aren't the same as yesterday's. You are in the playoffs and it is one game at a time. However talented, you don't need a kid on the roster that thinks he is bigger than the team.

Crazy part of it all is some of the neighborhood folk who are in these kids ear are my family members (that side of the family we don't associate with ya know). Same stuff happened during the Gibbs week.

Damn Peezy, feel for you, I saw the score and wondered what happened. It's amazing how everyone is an expert and the less you played the game, the more of an expert you are - parents are the worst, everybody thinks their kids the next coming. If they're underestimating PC, just tell them they may want to look at the score they put up Friday night, and ask them if they think they entered their game with that attitude. Good luck, hang in there, coaching is probably like everything else; what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT