ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte 15-62 Palmetto

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Fish got a bad case of cat scratch fever tonight. Think the Tarpons wore out their mojo in too many OTs last week.

Scrip was to start fast and hope to get them into their penalty, undisciplined phase. But their QB was razor-sharp early and scored on two plays first drive. Tarpons answered and drove right down the field on one of their best rushing drives this season to tie it.

At that point, it looked like anybody's game until the Tiger QB threw another lazar on a crossing route to the house on the first play. So two TDs on 3 offensive plays, we had no answer for #8 WR, and it was kind of on after that.

I'm not sure what I was thinking, hoping we had a chance - that dawned on me after seeing Palmetto again in person. Boy, do they past the eye test around our guys. Good looking team, fast - and the grass was cut short to accommodate that speed.

We had some deficiencies this season, and this team really exceeded my expectations. I had them at 6-4 out of the playoffs. They played their best ball the last two weeks, just couldn't find their game tonight.

Congrats Palmetto.

Last edited:
Neut, you tell Wave I'm blaming it on him, he texted me he may come and watch, we could have used him to Ball Boy for us and steal their signs!

Yeah, and I didn't see the Tarpons playing for a Regional Title this year either - Top 8 is pretty good seeing I thought we'd be a 6-win team with what we had. Lots of other teams could go out with their girlfriends Friday night.

so charlotte blasts FM and Dillard and FM play a close one. MC beats dillard off 5 TOs. Palmetto blasts Charlotte 2x... does Palmetto really have a chance -vs- Dade county?

We had maybe four guys that would have started on Palmetto, Can't explain Ft Myers although Wave told me two of their best players were out.

I think Palmetto matches up better against Miami Central than we did in this game in 2016 against Caroll City.

Football is won by the big boys how do they look and play there bc MC has like 6 D1s on their offense im told

We had maybe four guys that would have started on Palmetto, Can't explain Ft Myers although Wave told me two of their best players were out.

I think Palmetto matches up better against Miami Central than we did in this game in 2016 against Caroll City.

Most Miami playoff teams that get this far have that or more. One of the playoff teams we beat had a bunch, its how you match up against them.

We were pretty weak at OL, so hard to say. They got good pressure all night. They will have to play their A game, and I hope they do. Its a long ride across the Alley.

CC had a stable of guys too in 2016, Cam Harris the Miami RB was on that team, and Miami would have loved to recruit any of their O-Line, they were bigger than my college O-line with footwork like ballerinas.

If you've been around for a while you know its a rarity when a west coast team beats a St Thomas Aquinas, Carrol City, Northwestern or Central team. Facts are Dade schools have more skilled free agents to flock to the school with the hot hand, than even Venice, Manatee or Armwood can attract on this side of the state.

Go Palmetto!

Facts are Dade schools have more skilled free agents to flock to the school with the hot hand, than even Venice, Manatee or Armwood can attract on this side of the state.
This is exactly why high school football (other than purely local rivalries between two schools that do not assemble all-star teams) has become totally meaningless.

Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT