ADVERTISEMENT

Chaminade-Madonna Prep

SPCjessica2004

Sep 24, 2007
I think it's time to give these guys some kudos. A few years ago this program was a joke and was often associated with the headline of the "How does a 1-9 team make the playoffs?". Coach Jason Milgrom, a former Offensive Coordinator at STA has really turned this program around.

The team is already loaded with major D-1 talent. RB Shaun Shivers, DE Keyondre White and Chris Whittaker, WR Xavier Willams and Joshua Ali, LB LJ Willams, linemen Steve Jean-Baptiste and recent transfers 4A player of the year Henri Columbi and star WR Daewood Davis. In total, I'm counting 12 guys on the roster that hold at least 1 offer to play college somewhere with a bulk of their athletes being underclassmen.

Realizing that as talented as his team is the Lions path to a 3A state title is going to be a proverbial hellish gauntlet of small-school powerhouses.

(Estimated Projection of playoff schedule)

Round 1: H vs American Heritage Delray
Round 2: H vs Oxbridge Academy
Round 3: A Clearwater Central Catholic
Championship: Jacksonville Trinity Christian

Coach Milgrom gave his schedule a major shot in the arm. They're opening the season with American Heritage Plantation, they are closing the season @ Manatee and they somehow got IMG to take the trip to Hollywood! Word is, he's trying to get STA on the schedule in week 7 or week 8. Not lost is that Chaminade still has district foe and always-tough Westminster Christian on the schedule.

I'm not sure how their season is going to turn out- I know there's some high expectations and when you schedule the caliber of teams the Lions have, it's going to turn some eyes; however, at least for a moment, I wanted to give the Lions some credit for building their program up and being forward thinking with their schedule instead of scheduling 10 wins.

I think he was a finalist for the Manatee job when Coach Kinnan left but they chose a former Hurricane.

At least it is 3A where all teams are assembled. We had a college coach stop by and he told us he was at Chaminade and all the video the coach was showing was players on other teams. Soon it is going to be like that at all schools.

Guys capitalizing off of kids that were coached up by other guys. Love it.
Those assistant coaches Y'all were calling about in the other thread? Those that are so good at supporting the iconic HBCs, coaching up blue chippers, and going into players' homes and convincing Mom and Dad that anything less than going to their Academy of the Privileged is less than good parenting?

The best ones go get those kids and win championships with them.

Those are just cold hard facts.

Well, the funny thing is- just a year ago, most fans thought that Oxbridge was going to run away with 3A and have an epic game against JaxTCA- I believe somebody even called them the East Coast IMG. Despite bringing back most of their team, it's hard to find anybody wanting to talk about the Thunderwolves because Chaminade-Madonna has captivated everybody's attention.

WildcatDefense,

Of the questions I receive via E-Mail, Twitter and various other formats- the question's are about how all of the transfers Chaminade have will impact their team. Coach Milgrom's twitter personality alone is pretty epic- he's calling out STA, bigger public schools and other teams in general. A lot of the media personalities down there have publically listed Chaminade as one of the top teams to watch out for.

My personal opinion as of now (Keep in mind, it's February). Chaminade is sitting in a great position to get to the Final 4. I don't think American Heritage Delray is going to be as dominant as they've been the past few years with Singletary, DJ Davis, Smith, Benenoche and both linebackers graduating. I still think Oxbridge is another year away from a State Championship appearance, but Oxbridge historically gets their transfers in the summer, not in January. Both of those games would be played in Broward.

WildcatDefense,

Of the questions I receive via E-Mail, Twitter and various other formats- the question's are about how all of the transfers Chaminade have will impact their team. Coach Milgrom's twitter personality alone is pretty epic- he's calling out STA, bigger public schools and other teams in general. A lot of the media personalities down there have publically listed Chaminade as one of the top teams to watch out for.

My personal opinion as of now (Keep in mind, it's February). Chaminade is sitting in a great position to get to the Final 4. I don't think American Heritage Delray is going to be as dominant as they've been the past few years with Singletary, DJ Davis, Smith, Benenoche and both linebackers graduating. I still think Oxbridge is another year away from a State Championship appearance, but Oxbridge historically gets their transfers in the summer, not in January. Both of those games would be played in Broward.

Are you affiliated with Chaminade? Who are you exactly? Why does anybody ask you questions regarding high school football in South FLA?

People don't so much ask me questions about high school football in South Florida, more so, they ask me opinions on small private school football. I've posted on these forums just about under 10 years. I historically have been interested in CCC/SPC/TC/BP; however, have started taking trips as far north as Ocala, Jacksonville and Delray Beach.

I don't "Cover" any teams; however, I've often posted my opinions on teams. Sometimes they're correct, sometimes they're wrong. Since I'm not a sports reporter, I'm free to be as bias or unbias as I see fit. I typically root for Berkeley Prep and Tampa Catholic, typically despise CCC and quite honestly I'm not a big fan of Calvary Christian either. Due to recent developments..I don't root for TC as much as I used to as it's apparent they use the same rulebook that Palm Beach County uses...which I also guess will soon be the same rulebook everybody uses.

So, to answer your question directly- no, I'm not directly affiliated with Chaminade; however, I've had the chance to make friends with a quite a few people affiliated with their program. I have a genuine respect for their history and appreciate what they're trying to do. Because of that, I've chosen to enjoy their team; however, as stated- it's my opinion that as of now, February, I do not share the same feeling that most South Florida Football social media folks feel which is..they'll win 3A South this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT