ADVERTISEMENT

Braden River vs Venice

Venice will win. They are great in the regular season. Peacock saves his choke jobs for the playoffs. They ducked Charlotte this year so this will be their big regular season game. They'll win this, go 10-0, and lose early in the playoffs

Reactions: MustangMom
Peacock had 4 NFL guys on his roster and lost to Cape one year in the first round and CHS in the 2nd round at home the next. Had a personal beef with the man when he purposely snubbed my sons at an elite 11 in Vegas when they tried to speak to him. Plus they are very creative in training & in bringing players into the program.

Not sure if they stayed on a roster but Clay got a sniff as did the TE Wilkinson(?) maybe Wilkins. Can't remember for sure. I think he was the kid that went to Syracuse.
My sons are Justin and Kyle Midgett.

I'll give Peacock credit for a lot of his kids finishing college. Charlotte has had some talent, we went to the region finals 3 years in a row with Bellamy. Twice with Kyle at qb when we upset Venice in the second round and once with Zack Hammond Alex Mut and a ridiculous defense. Lost 2 of those 3 to Armwood in close games

I think he has a very good coaching staff, they "train" very well, they bring in good players, and they do great in the regular season. I don't know the overall stats but his big name kids have stayed in school. I think he chokes in the playoffs and I think he doesn't prepare well for the playoffs because he overuses starters in regular season blowouts to get stats instead of resting them to be fresher in the playoffs.
My oldest son Justin accompanied my youngest son Kyle to an elite 11 qb camp in Las Vegas in summer 2009. Justin was surprised to see Peacock and his OC there with Trey Burton for the same camp. Justin walked up to speak to them and they wouldn't shake his hand or speak to him or acknowledge his existence. Completely uncalled for and demonstrating a total lack of class.

Kyle graduated the same year as Trey. We lost to him twice in the regular season but beat him in the playoffs. Justin went to the final 11 Elite 11 in San Diego in '02.
No history with Justin and Peacock. At the time Justin was 24 and not even coaching yet (He's now a teacher and on staff at CHS). If you asked now none of us would give him the time of day. Love some of his asst's, particularly Bartlett and Hyer, but have no use for Peachoke.

I coached until I moved to Georgia a couple months back. Coach Waldrop at CHS is a good man who gets along with nearly everyone and he and most of the other coaches have a good relationship with all the Venice guys. My opinion is strictly my own & does not reflect anyone else at CHS. I also think it was garbage that Peacock dropped CHS for their schedule to add Cardinal Mooney. Venice is one of our most intense rivalries and they've thumped us recently. Coincidentally we have our best team in 5 years and it becomes important to play CMHS.

I was muzzled as a coach. Years ago if I said anything the HBC would rip my ass so I stopped and got off the board completely until I was no longer coaching and my comments could not be linked to CHS. Coach Waldrop has a great reputation and relationship with just about everyone around and it's because he's a class act who treats everyone with respect. I understand him not wanting someone on his staff saying things on a message board.
Now that I'm not coaching I'm free to say what I think on numerous topics. It won't be pretty often, and I'm sure at times there will be lively debates, but it's all meant as talk and not to be taken too personally

We have two North Port kids, Simms and Stantley. Port Charlotte has at least 4 kids who started their high school careers at Charlotte and Venice's best back is a North Port kid. The CHS kids at PC went there because they couldn't play for Charlotte & the North Port kids are all bailing because that program is a train wreck. Everyone has transfers, but not everyone gets in trouble for having transfers from across the state living with coaches.

Mack went to Imagine but doesn't now nor did he live in NP. Venice got into trouble several years back for that big tackle and a couple others staying with a coach.
Kyle is in school locally & working. Went to Quincy for a year but decided he didn't want to play football anymore. Finishing school now

Bellamy was a desoto kid right? Where is he now?

Welcome back Shortpasser.

Non of the DeSoto posters come on here anymore. Seems to me that they accused CHS of taking a lot of their players.

Back to topic: I haven't seen Venice of Braden River in person but everyone tells me that BR is for real.

We had one family of kids from that area who's grandmother moved them to Charlotte to play for us. All legit. I think that part of my issues with Venice is getting overblown. Everyone gets transfers, Venice got in trouble for a coach housing transfers. I believe the 2009 season they had to forfeit all their victories. Talk to me when we get in that kind if trouble and I'll say we're comparable to Venice. Otherwise we're like every other GOOD program in the state where kids go voluntarily and legally to play. If you don't get transfers, you're probably not a very good program.
Thanks Hwy17, love my Desoto County boys, Dabbo, Yates, and the fellas. Love them to death, would stand in a foxhole with them any day. Good guys. Wish the dawgs nothing but success.

Are you disputing the forfeiture of an entire season? You can spin it any way you want but they got hammered for cheating. Here are more facts, Archer gets hurt and rather than rest arguably the best football player in the state during blowout wins he keeps him in to get hammered. Then he dresses Archer for pre-game warmups and has him catch punts to try and fool us into thinking he was playing. What message does that send your team? Obviously that you can't win without Archer. Burton was tired and worn down that game and they were a state championship team who lost in the 2nd round because of coaching. Plain and simple. Facts are they cheated got caught and got punished. Facts are they had state champ talent and got beat because of coaching. You can call me an idiot all you want. Doesn't change the facts.

The team is more important than the individual football player. Playing football is a privilege. While a teacher may have to find accommodations for the disruptive student a player, no matter how talented, who disrupts a team should be dismissed. Not sure what you're implying.

The muzzle is off. I will say what I think right or wrong. If you're one of those pc people who can't handle it maybe you should avoid my posts.
BTW, your "humanitarian " effort by the coaches for that poor unfortunate 280lb D1 tackle, do they do that for all disadvantaged students or players who can't help the program? Doubt it. Hence the forfeiture of an entire season. Btw, classy move ducking one of the area's biggest rivalries to add Cardinal Mooney. You've owned us lately but we have one of our better teams and suddenly it's important to get Cardinal Mooney on the schedule.

Do Nu'Trelle have this straight? A 280 lb kid was playin DL, moved in wiff a coach, went down to 150 lbs an got moved to WR? How a kid lose 130 lbs? Why nobody give him nothin to eat?

I guess everyone got off topic on this thread and there arent too many thoughts on this game- Pinkos has BRHS favored by 4 for w/e its worth- This will def be a treches style game and a very physical battle.... With Palmetto yet to play either the loser puts themselves in a very tough position. This is a very competitive district and these next three weeks will be very entertaining- Throw a few suspensions in the mix and let the games begin...

I love everything about this areas football! I have seen both teams in person and I like Braden River in this game 21-10! As far as this Charlotte vs. Venice issue neither should be throwing stones since they both live in Glass Houses. Its a shame Charlotte and Venice aren't playing, seems like they could have made it happen either week 2 (Vencie played Cardinal Mooney) or week 11 (Charlotte Playing Palmetto)! Feel like both coaches are to blame for this one.

I think that both teams are over rated! Braden River more than Venice. Even though Venice has played a weak schedule to this point. They did travel out of state and beat a not very good Stephenville (2-4) team from Texas. That experience alone has helped this Venice team! They have yet to play, and beat a team with a winning record, so Braden River will be their first.

As for Braden River, they refuse to play anybody good, and they haven't played anybody with a winning record since last years playoffs. And if I recall they didn't beat a winning team during last years regular season either! So with that said, I do believe Venice will win this one. Peacock gets the very best out of the talent he has and this might be one of his most talented teams he has had in awhile.

I believe Venice wins the district and Palmetto and Braden River scrap it out for the runnerup. But, on any given night all three of these teams can beat each other and we could be talking a three way tie breaker. It is going to be some exciting football for this area in the upcoming weeks!

Last edited:
I think that both teams are over rated! Braden River more than Venice. Even though Venice has played a weak schedule to this point. They did travel out of state and beat a not very good Stephenville (2-4) team from Texas. That experience alone has helped this Venice team! They have yet to play, and beat a team with a winning record, so Braden River will be their first.

As for Braden River, they refuse to play anybody good, and they haven't played anybody with a winning record since last years playoffs. And if I recall they didn't beat a winning team during last years regular season either! So with that said, I do believe Venice will win this one. Peacock gets the very best out of the talent he has and this might be one of his most talented teams he has had in awhile.

I believe Venice wins the district and Palmetto and Braden River scrap it out for the runnerup. But, on any given night all three of these teams can beat each other and we could be talking a three way tie breaker. It is going to be some exciting football for this area in the upcoming weeks!

Way to call this one twc2499!
Braden River 30 Venice 20 Final

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT