ADVERTISEMENT

Braden River vs. Plant City

FLABOY941

Oct 15, 2012
Braden River 17 Plant City 7 Final. They will host St. Thomas Aquinas in the State Semifinals.

Braden River left some points. Te going in for a td on a seam route down the middle has the ball knocked out at the 1 yard line recoverd for a touchback by Plant City. BR driving again in the 4th qt at Plant City 20 yard line with bad exchange on the handoff recoverd by plant. Once BR defense started getting pressure on plant Qb it was harder for them to move the ball. BR Db's are somw real ball hawks and hit hard. It's another showdown with Broward County. Manatee county vs Broward once again.

I was at this game, and yes, BR could and probably should have put them away in the third quarter. But I thought they showed a lot of guts, in spite of looking slightly awed of Plant City in the first quarter. Their defense eventually shut that QB down, intercepting him three times, and held their allstar former IMG receiver to about 60 yards receiving. Plus, BR's QB can put it on a dime. Very impressive.
They have a tough game next week against Aquinas, who won their game tonight 60-7.

Btw, who the heck hosts a 7A state regional final football game and doesn't have any food in the concession stand? Choices last night from the Plant City booster club included nachos, boiled peanuts and pickled eggs. I asked why no burgers or pizza and the guy behind the counter told me they just decided not to do it last night. Why, if for no other reason than to make some money for the home team? They could have made more than $100 on the group I was with alone. Ridiculous.

Btw, who the heck hosts a 7A state regional final football game and doesn't have any food in the concession stand? Choices last night from the Plant City booster club included nachos, boiled peanuts and pickled eggs. I asked why no burgers or pizza and the guy behind the counter told me they just decided not to do it last night. Why, if for no other reason than to make some money for the home team? They could have made more than $100 on the group I was with alone. Ridiculous.

Pickled Eggs! Yumm! LOL!

I've been following Braden River from a distant this year. Got a couple of friends over there who been keeping me up to date. I got to go watch them play STA.

I dined on the nachos--about 20 chips from a bag covered with a ladle of canned cheese. 5-star all the way. Hey, I don't need prime rib at a game, but I do love a cheeseburger!

Reactions: Silver King
Worse concession stand Ever!! Like Mustang Mom had mentioned the basic essentials in food were no where to be found. I had asked one of the people behind the counter and get this the reply was " well, we weren't sure we were going to have a game here" Wow! I said that's ok because a win tonight will taste that much better. If i had known lol i would have smuggled in some food. In the end it all worked out because not only did Plant City drop the ball on the field they dropped the ball at the concessions too. Maybe next time they'll get it right.

St Thomas coming up next. To be fair i might just call St. Thomas up and give them a heads up on the visitor seating. If they are bringing a crowd expect to stand because the pee wee leauge seeting on their side is just sad. I guess to be fair Braden River probably never imagined a State Semifinal game in their back yard. Well BR , time to step up and add additional seeting? Will they? Probably not.

All that money at Aquinas, they should just bring in some temporary bleachers for themselves.
And yes, if BR keeps winning a stadium upgrade will definitely be needed!

All that money at Aquinas, they should just bring in some temporary bleachers for themselves.
And yes, if BR keeps winning a stadium upgrade will definitely be needed!

Move over to Manatee's field seeing how its not in use. And get that BBQ from Booker!

Reactions: peezy28
I hope BR High School knows what they are in for regarding attendace. This will be the only show in town for both Sarasota and Manatee county. With a population in 3/4 of a million people between both counties factor in a spike in population because of the time of year with out of state resident lol it will not look good if just 3% of the population shows up. This could be another epic game between Manatee and Broward and morse so an epic failure on seating. I've seen better seating at 1A schools. BR has some snowbird fans I've talked to many grandparents that have grandchildren that attended BR and that number is growing.

I will say concessions will not be a problem. Parking lot is pretty big. This might be once in a lifetime type chance. The school should go out and paint a nice logo at midfield, Endzones etc.

Yeah, I hate that when schools have small puny stands. Why do they do that? Palmetto is another offender I can think of, and always thought Plant needs more on the away side.

I hope BR High School knows what they are in for regarding attendace. This will be the only show in town for both Sarasota and Manatee county. With a population in 3/4 of a million people between both counties factor in a spike in population because of the time of year with out of state resident lol it will not look good if just 3% of the population shows up. This could be another epic game between Manatee and Broward and morse so an epic failure on seating. I've seen better seating at 1A schools. BR has some snowbird fans I've talked to many grandparents that have grandchildren that attended BR and that number is growing.

I will say concessions will not be a problem. Parking lot is pretty big. This might be once in a lifetime type chance. The school should go out and paint a nice logo at midfield, Endzones etc.
Rather that worry about, "all that money" STA has or the "bad concession stands" BR fans better worry about getting their asses kicked by the team, "with all that money" ,even without Bosa.. Both teams have some patsies but STA may roll this one..

If you've ever wondered what would happen if a good high school program played against a college team, just go to an Aquinas playoff game.

Hey, you never know what can happen on any given Friday. That's why they play the game, no?

I remember sitting in the stands of Hawkins Stadium the year Manatee knocked of STA in the state-semifinals. There was a group of kids from Braden River sitting next to us. They were taking it all in and talking of what it would be like to be in the same situation. Congratulations to Braden River and good luck next week!

I was at that game too and it was electric. The place was packed and I was standing along the sideline fence. Now I'm crossing my fingers for Braden River.

Lol @ Braden River getting rolled. Manatee county aint never been scared of Broward county and especially St Thomas at that. Them boys will be ready. Will see who runs the ship. That Titantic ship they have will sink and will need a tug bout to haul it back to Broward.

Lol @ Braden River getting rolled. Manatee county aint never been scared of Broward county and especially St Thomas at that. Them boys will be ready. Will see who runs the ship. That Titantic ship they have will sink and will need a tug bout to haul it back to Broward.
Being"ready", not being scared and all the other rhetoric is not the same as being able to realistically "compete". I wish BR well as i'am not a fan of STA, however, STA will roll BR...

I hope Braden River can pull a win out their hat in this one. I would love to see them win a state championship, they deserve it. I'll be at the game around 6pm because I need good seats.

Seats? At Braden River? LOL. Well, let's see. The whole home side middle section is reserved seating, another whole section is for students, and another chunk set aside for the band. And on the away side? STA will fill it up. Unless you get there early and don't mind holding it in for 3-4 hours.

Being"ready", not being scared and all the other rhetoric is not the same as being able to realistically "compete". I wish BR well as i'am not a fan of STA, however, STA will roll BR...

You say BR can't realistically "Compete" Have you seen BR play? I've been following them all year.BR has more than enough talent to compete with STA. The only thing
BR doesn't have is a household name. Why don't you ask Venice Coach if BR can realistically compete.

Last edited:
I was at the BR-PC game and neither team is on the level of STA. Trust me, I'm rooting for BR but they won't have the horses. Love the TE and the defense is active and pretty good, but STA is a different animal. Good luck!

Last edited:
I hope Braden River can pull a win out their hat in this one. I would love to see them win a state championship, they deserve it. I'll be at the game around 6pm because I need good seats.

Not so fast my friend... even if they win they have to beat likely Columbia.

I watched that game on TV and kept thinking either would get rolled by STA... I honestly am rooting for BR in this one though.

Reactions: 181pl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT