ADVERTISEMENT

Braden River-Palmetto-Venice 7A-11

Football941

Feb 23, 2017
So in the next few weeks these teams will play to see who is coming out of district 11 in 7A.
Venice at Braden River Thursday 9-28
Palmetto at Braden River 10-6
Palmetto at Venice 10-27

These 3 have been on the top of that district for a few years. Its been back and forth between Braden River and Venice but Palmetto is the only other team I see that can come close.

Braden River has not played a game since 9-1
Venice played Friday night.
Palmetto won Friday night against Lake Gibson.

Who do you have and why?

I think BR will win the district and Venice will be the runner-up. Palmetto will not beat either of these teams.

I think Venice is your champ but ALL 3 make the playoffs via the new point system- BRHS will only have one loss and if you give PHS 2 more losses to Venice and BR that puts them at 7-3. With their schedule and all the bonus points I see them getting in and knocking off a 2 seed as a 7 seed in the region due to the other districts not being as tough. But that is far as they go. I like BRHS and Venice to meet again and once again Venice prevails and gets smacked by St Thomas in round 4... THOUGHTS?

I think BR will win the district and Venice will be the runner-up. Palmetto will not beat either of these teams.

Hoping that Venice will take that win Thursday. Fenwick has been tough. McDaniel is coming up and not sure about Gagg. Really it boils down to how Gagg manages the game for Braden River. Being at home helps them. Collins out hurts as well.

If anyone can make it difficult in the district it will be Palmetto. I don't see them beating either team but no one else at this point has a shot.

I think Venice is your champ but ALL 3 make the playoffs via the new point system- BRHS will only have one loss and if you give PHS 2 more losses to Venice and BR that puts them at 7-3. With their schedule and all the bonus points I see them getting in and knocking off a 2 seed as a 7 seed in the region due to the other districts not being as tough. But that is far as they go. I like BRHS and Venice to meet again and once again Venice prevails and gets smacked by St Thomas in round 4... THOUGHTS?

I will say the new points system will finally give Palmetto something to look forward to. After the last 2 years they have been in a bad spot. Palmetto team in my opinion has been better than the runner up in district 12. Probably better than their district winners based off of the scores in the playoffs.

If you look forward to a rematch say in a Regional final of Braden River-Venice it will come down to who is at home and which team did what in the first game. How adjustments are made and barring any huge injuries. This game is quickly becoming a rivalry that has implications beyond just another football game.

After that getting smacked? I'm sure you will see St Thomas roll through the playoffs just like last year. Player for player they have the IT guys. Their depth of talent is above anyone I have seen personally. I'm guessing the same can be said about IMG as well. So sure the cards are stacked up to get smacked. In the end it is what it is. Play the game and do what you can with what you are given.

At this point one game at a time and that issue at hand is Braden River. Each week you face the toughest opponent on your schedule because looking forward will just result in bad ways.

@SotaCoach1 just so I know did you go to that Riverview game ? Just seeing if it was a Riverview mishandling of the game or did Venice impress you ?

@SotaCoach1 just so I know did you go to that Riverview game ? Just seeing if it was a Riverview mishandling of the game or did Venice impress you ?

i did not- I went to the PHS Riverview game and to be quite honest proud of our kids that played hard for 4 qtrs but Palmetto T/Os and penalties lost them that game. We did not look very good in the first half and if it wasnt for the penalties they would have been up 2-3 scores and even with our second half effort i dont know if we could have overcome that. Palmetto is very jekyl/hyde. We seem to be hitting our stride and with the schedule lining up as is we should win out.

i did not- I went to the PHS Riverview game and to be quite honest proud of our kids that played hard for 4 qtrs but Palmetto T/Os and penalties lost them that game. We did not look very good in the first half and if it wasnt for the penalties they would have been up 2-3 scores and even with our second half effort i dont know if we could have overcome that. Palmetto is very jekyl/hyde. We seem to be hitting our stride and with the schedule lining up as is we should win out.

For Riverview these games don't break you as they not in district. They do hurt as far as points. Now it boils down to being district champ to move on with no doubts. Don't win the district and come the last week of the season everyone will be counting points with fingers crossed.

For Riverview these games don't break you as they not in district. They do hurt as far as points. Now it boils down to being district champ to move on with no doubts. Don't win the district and come the last week of the season everyone will be counting points with fingers crossed.

Football941- I really think you will be champs and BR/PHS will be in as wild card people

Venice dominated Riverview in the trenches. The line play for Venice was the difference in my opinion. Venice is very disciplined and well coached. Riverview has better athletes but I think line play, and coaching is what puts Venice ahead of them every year. Riverview will win the district. As for BR/Ven/Pal, The district champ will be decided tomorrow when BR plays Ven.

Reactions: Football941
Venice dominated Riverview in the trenches. The line play for Venice was the difference in my opinion. Venice is very disciplined and well coached. Riverview has better athletes but I think line play, and coaching is what puts Venice ahead of them every year.

Riverview will win the district. As for BR/Ven/Pal, The district champ will be decided tomorrow when BR plays Ven.
agreed but the 2 that are not champs Palmetto and VEN/BR loser will both make the playoffs mark my words- I also think Manatee AND Riverview both get in View as champ

agreed but the 2 that are not champs Palmetto and VEN/BR loser will both make the playoffs mark my words- I also think Manatee AND Riverview both get in View as champ

So this district will have 3 make the playoffs ? I would think 2 for sure and it the 3rd team whoever it may be could with enough points.

I'm not sure of how that will work with the 7A teams in the south. Those teams may accrue more points with scheduling. I would not want to be a coach and left wondering come the end of the season hoping teams you played prior end up with winning records.

I do believe the winner of BR and Venice wins the district.

Great game but BR got outcoached last night. They threw 100 hitch routes #15 and completed 2 or 3. They were trying to force that route. The deep route to 15 was there. At times, BR got away from the run game prior to their backs cramping up. Venice played well. Their big wide out made plays the entire night and the qb ran well. Both of those teams are solid.

Great game but BR got outcoached last night. They threw 100 hitch routes #15 and completed 2 or 3. They were trying to force that route. The deep route to 15 was there. At times, BR got away from the run game prior to their backs cramping up. Venice played well. Their big wide out made plays the entire night and the qb ran well. Both of those teams are solid.

Knowledge McDaniel #15 is a Jr for BR. He is tough to cover. Heard he has some SEC offers.
Javion Heiligh #6 for Venice has grown into one of the best WR in the area. Bryce Carpenter #12 and Javion are both committed to Coastal Carolina. Will be room mates I think. This combo has been hard to stop. They have picked up the missing yards that Laroche was getting last year.

Braden River at Palmetto this Friday will be a game to watch in 7a 11. It will set the tone for that Palmetto at Venice game later in October.

BRHS wont lose again this season.,. Palmetto will lose to both BR and Venice and get in as a 7 or 8 seed and BR will be a 5 seed

Having Booker N Port and Lakewood Ranch being on BR schedule does not help them at all. Winning those games gets you a total of 105 points if they end up Cat 4

If they do lose to Palmetto they may not make it in. They will be counting points

So if they take the top 8 district winners and seed 1-8 from the south. Then seed the wildcard 9-16 after that correct? 1 would play 16 then 2-15 and so on??

A one loss BR team will get in the playoffs for sure. North Port and LWR is in their district so they those teams are going to be on the schedule regardless. Palmetto will not be BR or make the playoffs.

A one loss BR team will get in the playoffs for sure. North Port and LWR is in their district so they those teams are going to be on the schedule regardless. Palmetto will not be BR or make the playoffs.

If Palmetto's 3 losses are from The View BRHS and Venice those will all be top tier losses. The game vs Southeast is still on the docket to be played a date TBD and assuming they beat a down Charlotte team that puts them in a good spot. So, if Palmetto is 7-3 how would you figure in Region 3 they would not make it?

If Palmetto's 3 losses are from The View BRHS and Venice those will all be top tier losses. The game vs Southeast is still on the docket to be played a date TBD and assuming they beat a down Charlotte team that puts them in a good spot. So, if Palmetto is 7-3 how would you figure in Region 3 they would not make it?

PS didnt want to post about The Views game last night bc there was no point- Its us and Manatee at this point and either way we will both make it

Steinbrenner according to stats looks horrible. They are 2-3 at this point and were blown out by both Manatee and Riverview.

That 10-13 game will be the one to watch.

Also in the points system for 8A they have Riverview of Sarasota losing to Steinbrenner.

Does a 2 loss BR get in?
I think they win out but for conversation do they make it in with 2 losses?

I'm sure Palmetto has a tough game ahead vs BR. I'm sure it seems BR will win but nothing is certain.
With that said Venice still needs to handle business as well.

Braden River wins that county match up again. Gagg injured and did not play. Return of Tyrone Collins after ACL as well.
Looked like Spicer was hurt in this game as well for Palmetto
BR should finish up by winning all of their matchups.
Palmetto and Venice still need to play.

Revisiting this one has I read through again.

Moving forward. BR has Gagg back at QB after sitting out the Palmetto game with injury. Tryone Collins is back from ACL and is returning punts and playing defense again. McDaniel is heating up and doing very well.

Palmetto was a white wash Friday night. Their defense was the only thing keeping them from the score becoming really bad. Spicer is out with ACL ?

Venice needs to clean up the penalties and they will become really tough to beat. If they win vs Manatee should wrap up at least 1 home game for playoffs.

I haven't been paying attention to this too much because as Sota coach said, Charlotte's down, but after beating PC last night, the Tarps can get in by beating Palmetto Friday, so at least they have something to play for. Palmetto looked pretty good on paper last season, but we thumped them pretty good. They look like they've been in some games against the big guns this year. Do they still have a shot at the playoffs?

Also, you Venice guys what was up with that scrimmage you guys had with PC at the beginning of the season? I'm just not understanding that score after what I saw last night.

Palmetto can get in but could be a 8 seed and possibly see Venice at home round 1. They will be playing for something for the first time in a few years so they will come out hot.

The PC scrimmage was odd from the start. They ran the ball well and we had not seen that style offense out of the gate, Overconfidence didn't help. Had some guys in new positions at DB and not fully set where they were going to play. I do think if the game were normal Venice would have made the needed changes and would have taken control late. PC came out and did what they had to do. It helped us figure some things out.

Reactions: Silver King
PC usually plays good sound defense, but we dominated their front 7 this season much better than last. Plus they had that kid that had the age waiver that was supposed to be pretty good. Maybe he was fired up in that game, after getting the waiver, he has the ability, had a couple of good plays in our game, but we blocked him pretty well.

You guys looked awful good, not sure we would have given you much of a game, but glad to see we're playing again.

So far out of the 9 games played it has been an interesting season.
5 teams have been on the wrong side of a running clock.
1 game called early 3rd qt due to weather.
Back ups have started to catch up on playing time. They will need that experience next year as 30-31 kids are seniors !!

I was surprised the most by Dunbar. They couldn't do anything and fell apart quickly when down. The lack of practice had to be the issue after the hurricane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT