ADVERTISEMENT

Braden River at Venice

Football941

Feb 23, 2017
A lot of off season BS has culminated into what is to be an interesting match up.
Game will be at Venice. Should be a huge crowd.
McDaniel is looking like he will play, which is a big boost for BR. He will provide a matchup problem for sure. My guess with all of what has happened he will be very hard to bring down in this game.

With the game and pride on the line, whoever wins this game has ended up in the State Semis playing STA for the past 3 years. Will it happen again? I'm not sure as Tampa Bay Tech is looking like it will not go away quietly this year.

This game will be about momentum and mistakes. Neither team is what they have been in the past but provide different problems for each other.

Who takes the win this year?

Venice wins a close one tonight. Venice is known to out-coach their opponents including BR.

Venice wins a close one tonight. Venice is known to out-coach their opponents including BR.

I didn't go to the game but heard it was a fairly penalized game. Was a close one with the 1:30 min weather delay to go with normal FL football.

In the end, while both of these teams are good I don't know how far they can make it into the playoffs. Its different than in years past.

The mauling/holding I regularly saw the Braden River OL do against the Manatee DL without the officials ever calling it, was called multiple times this game.

Go Canes Go!

The mauling/holding I regularly saw the Braden River OL do against the Manatee DL without the officials ever calling it, was called multiple times this game.

Go Canes Go!
In the past you could also find lineman down field for BR that doesn't get called on the regular.
To me it was a sloppy game. Not well played on either side. I was not at the field but watched via internet.
Both teams have some clean up to do in the next few weeks.

Go Canes Go!

Braden River does not use the same association as the other Sota/Manatee Co schools. They contract in Pinellas county

What is going on with these refs lately? Seriously here is a very good example of how bad they really are. This past Friday Hardee returns a punt, the player returning the punt was about to get tackled from behind. One of the Hardee players places himself between the player returning the punt and the tackler but with his back turned towards the tackler. Clean block all the way but he gets called with a block in the back!!!!! How can a blocker get called for that if he is between the runner and tackler? The crowd just about came out of the stands and was about to go after that ref!!! They boooooed him so bad the visiting section knew that was a bad call theyboooed with us!!! This is just one of many bad calls from Friday. I can go on and on and on!!!!

What is going on with these refs lately? Seriously here is a very good example of how bad they really are. This past Friday Hardee returns a punt, the player returning the punt was about to get tackled from behind. One of the Hardee players places himself between the player returning the punt and the tackler but with his back turned towards the tackler. Clean block all the way but he gets called with a block in the back!!!!! How can a blocker get called for that if he is between the runner and tackler? The crowd just about came out of the stands and was about to go after that ref!!! They boooooed him so bad the visiting section knew that was a bad call theyboooed with us!!! This is just one of many bad calls from Friday. I can go on and on and on!!!!

We’ve been seeing some bad calls over here on the east coast, not just against our team (Vero) but both sides. The other night our kicker kicked the ball about a yard into the end zone and it was caught in the end zone by the other team, ref was looking right at him 6-8 yards away standing in the end zone himself, Vero lightened up on coverage because it was a touchback. Ref let him run it out I think he got to around the 35, just one of many instances I’ve seen this year myself both pro and against us.

This was not penalized

It was not

As it seems he was trying to strip the ball, although the video shows he did not do a good job at it.
I know the kid in question.
He is a high energy guy and with intensity. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would have denied the thought of him being accused of something like this.
SMH

I heard it was a good game!!

I would say it was intense but not a well played game on either side.
Sloppy to be honest.
The games in years past were in my thoughts good games to watch.
This one had its moments for sure. The blocked field goal attempt after 1 hour and 30 min delay first play turned the tables for BR.

Damn....no flag? Are you sure? if so, that's just amazing. I too thought I saw one near the end as BR's #78 and #8 are gesturing to throw the flag while 32 is still punching.

Pulling or ripping is what trying to strip a ball looks like. A flurry of out of control punches, some not remotley close to the ball and a few hitting the ballcarrier in the back (he turns to look at the kid knowing he just punched him), is what it is; a Bush league play.

Wow where's Jambum when you need an explanation of this call or non-call, depending on which it actually is?

I just love how the BR people are screaming about this (and perhaps legit gripe) BUT dont throw rocks in a glass house. They have been the most cheating rule breaking program the past 3 years to the point they cost kids game, hack people's HUDL accounts, steal game plans and play scripts (via HUDL) conduct illegal practices etc... and yet the coaches are still there and the only penalty really levied was one where a kid was punished. Come on now BR folks

Peezy, I could have sworn I saw the yellow flag fly in the lower right of the screen near the end of the video?

Go Canes Go!
You did but it was not for THAT... They threw no flag on the punching player was not ejected.

I just love how the BR people are screaming about this (and perhaps legit gripe) BUT dont throw rocks in a glass house. They have been the most cheating rule breaking program the past 3 years to the point they cost kids game, hack people's HUDL accounts, steal game plans and play scripts (via HUDL) conduct illegal practices etc... and yet the coaches are still there and the only penalty really levied was one where a kid was punished. Come on now BR folks
There is still no excuse for that... and I am definitely not a BR person.

It looked like he was "spanking that a$$" to me, no joke ! Look how player with ball jumps up and looks at spanker. Much more a disrespect action then anything else (IMO)

Not saying that this should happen but I see a punch or two every other game. This isn't even remotely the worst I've seen, it's at least in the realm of possibility he was looking to punch the ball out, despite the fact that ball was on other side.

What's the chances of a rematch in the playoffs? To me, Tampa Bay Tech, Pinellas Park and Plant City are looking strong this year.

Not saying that this should happen but I see a punch or two every other game. This isn't even remotely the worst I've seen, it's at least in the realm of possibility he was looking to punch the ball out, despite the fact that ball was on other side.
Very true. We could show pictures all day long of things missed. Unfortunately this is just another page in the saga.

What's the chances of a rematch in the playoffs? To me, Tampa Bay Tech, Pinellas Park and Plant City are looking strong this year.

These teams will play again. Not sure which round but its very likely they will be on the field against each other. Probably at Venice if they win out.

To me TBT is a team that is on the rise. Depends how it would play out but if Venice had to go to TBT that is something they are not used to doing. On the road in the playoffs is tough.

Pinellas Park is an interesting team, I just always question the over-all coaching teams from Pinellas county get particularly once you get past the 1st round of the playoffs. Plant City is still a paper tiger in my book, the teams they beaten thus far have a combined 11-23 record. Tampa Bay Tech has a good win over Armwood, but still left wondering if they're as good as they were last year? Palmetto could still make some noise, with that offense of there's.......Venice still remains on the schedule for them too..........

Go Canes Go!

It looked like he was "spanking that a$$" to me, no joke ! Look how player with ball jumps up and looks at spanker. Much more a disrespect action then anything else (IMO)
Giving him the business!! Same thing happened a few times with the LB game. Our guy pancake one of theirs then he gets on top of our guy and gave him the business and both players gets called. These refs are really bad this year mainly those West Coast guys!!!

Pinellas Park is an interesting team, I just always question the over-all coaching teams from Pinellas county get particularly once you get past the 1st round of the playoffs. Plant City is still a paper tiger in my book, the teams they beaten thus far have a combined 11-23 record. Tampa Bay Tech has a good win over Armwood, but still left wondering if they're as good as they were last year? Palmetto could still make some noise, with that offense of there's.......Venice still remains on the schedule for them too..........

Go Canes Go!

Gatorman if you take a time machine back to when you were at Manatee most Pinellas schools are being coached exactly the same, sometimes by coaches who were coaching then. I love the ole Pinellas Sweep where you get to have your LB's tee off on the BLOCKING QB. It is 100% my favorite play to coach against as a defensive coach.

Last time I was in Pinellas county to catch a football game was 1992, 1st round of the playoffs Manatee at Dixie Hollins........its been awhile. I'm heading to Pinellas county tonight.....(almost 26 years its been....wow its been a while) to catch the Manatee game. The only coaches I remember from Pinellas county are Tom Bostic, and Ken Weir (sp?). I do remember games from the late 60's and early 70's when Pinellas county teams routinely beat Manatee teams.....for some reason I remember a game at Hawkins stadium against Bogie.....and Bogie took it to Manatee that night.

Go Canes Go!

Gatorman if you take a time machine back to when you were at Manatee most Pinellas schools are being coached exactly the same, sometimes by coaches who were coaching then. I love the ole Pinellas Sweep where you get to have your LB's tee off on the BLOCKING QB. It is 100% my favorite play to coach against as a defensive coach.
None of the old coaches are around anymore.. That is false.

Also most of the teams are running spread like offenses (some that really should not but still).

Some schools have adopted year round stuff as well and you will see a lot of passing these days.

While the playoff success has not changed much of what you said is false.

Pinellas Park is a Wing T Team though... Will not progress far even though they are talented.

None of the old coaches are around anymore.. That is false.

Also most of the teams are running spread like offenses (some that really should not but still).

Some schools have adopted year round stuff as well and you will see a lot of passing these days.

While the playoff success has not changed much of what you said is false.

Pinellas Park is a Wing T Team though... Will not progress far even though they are talented.
Peezy,
I was kidding about the coaches still being there, but a bunch of the teams are still running with a wing or two. Seminole, St. Pete, Pinellas Park, Dixie, Osceola, Northeast and the majority of the private schools up there. Now many of these attempt to go spread or even line up 3 wide with 2 backs but their blocking schemes are still wing. They will go gun 2 back and treat one of the backs as a wing for blocking purposes(see Boca, Gibbs and Largo). Then they will dabble in true spread in the passing game. It is really, really bad. Having coached against them a good bit recently and playing against a few in the 90s not much has changed at all. It's like they went to a couple clinics and said we should do that AND still have our good ole plays.

Peezy,
I was kidding about the coaches still being there, but a bunch of the teams are still running with a wing or two. Seminole, St. Pete, Pinellas Park, Dixie, Osceola, Northeast and the majority of the private schools up there. Now many of these attempt to go spread or even line up 3 wide with 2 backs but their blocking schemes are still wing. They will go gun 2 back and treat one of the backs as a wing for blocking purposes(see Boca, Gibbs and Largo). Then they will dabble in true spread in the passing game. It is really, really bad. Having coached against them a good bit recently and playing against a few in the 90s not much has changed at all. It's like they went to a couple clinics and said we should do that AND still have our good ole plays.
Northeast has changed it up no more T not sure if that is good or bad. Bogie and Gibbs (well Bogie has a lot of talent this year so its different) do not typically run a scheme with rhyme or reason its like they get an athletic QB and just say run around and make plays. Largo has gone from Air Raid (bad bad idea) to ground and pound and control the line style type plays.

Yeah Seminole (not good) St Pete (well coached but still in the T because Fab is really old school) PPark (good but Kenny is old school) and Dixie and Osceola (are they still fielding teams) still run T's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT