ADVERTISEMENT

Bolles at Umatilla.

jambun82

Jul 13, 2011
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could provide some information about the Bolles at Umatilla first round playoff game Friday Night? For example, style of play of both teams, what kind of offense, defense each team runs, what kind of game to expect. Thank you very much.

Wow...Umatilla hosting a playoff game. Hard for me to imagine. When I was recruiting that school for the Army the football team was atrocious. They got a new coach right before I left. Guess he's done a good job.

Bolles rolls big in this one. Nice for Umatilla to host a playoff game, but they draw a very good team in Bolles. Bolles lost two games earlier in the year to Raines and American Heritage. Many prep outlets are picking Bolles to make it back to the state title game against BTW (if they get by Raines). Bolles is ordinarily very balanced and very well coached. Athlete Dexter Carter Jr. really makes Bolles go on offense and is tough in open space. The QB is solid and normally manages the game well.

Bolles beat 7A Niceville last week. Unless Niceville started their reserves, it was a big win. I think Bolles should go deep into the playoffs.

Thank you TCman and Choctaw Fan. I do find it interesting that Raines has won the regular season game, and the district two years in a row.

Thank you Floridaball. Is there anything else that you can tell me about Bolles with regards to style of play?

Bolles runs variations of the Wing-T. And, they run it to perfection. Very difficult to defend against, as most teams have found out.

Thank you Proseteye. the OTC game with Providence Christian should be an interesting game.

Originally posted by jambun82:
Thank you Proseteye. the OTC game with Providence Christian should be an interesting game.
I hope that Providence gives us a good game and is competitive. They do have a RB Jamauri Wakefield who has over 2,500 yards rushing and a pretty good QB Charlie Martin.

I really don't see Providence providing much resistance to OTC. To be honest, I'm not sure this one will be close at all. Wakefield is a good back that runs hard, but they rely on him almost exclusively. Their goal is to run behind a big offensive line and hand it to the back 50 times. Against TCJax, Wakefield carried the ball 35 times for around 50 yards, and a good number of those yards were picked up after the TCJax starters had left the game in the second half. In my opinion, OTC has enough big bodies up front and speed at LB to shut down the running game of Providence. Also, Martin is not the starting QB for Providence. They start a freshman (Bradley) who is the son of Jaguars coach Gus Bradley. Providence is a good team that is very well coached, but they don't seem quite ready for the top teams in 3A.

Originally posted by TCMan:
I really don't see Providence providing much resistance to OTC. To be honest, I'm not sure this one will be close at all. Wakefield is a good back that runs hard, but they rely on him almost exclusively. Their goal is to run behind a big offensive line and hand it to the back 50 times. Against TCJax, Wakefield carried the ball 35 times for around 50 yards, and a good number of those yards were picked up after the TCJax starters had left the game in the second half. In my opinion, OTC has enough big bodies up front and speed at LB to shut down the running game of Providence. Also, Martin is not the starting QB for Providence. They start a freshman (Bradley) who is the son of Jaguars coach Gus Bradley. Providence is a good team that is very well coached, but they don't seem quite ready for the top teams in 3A.
TCman.................Actually I was trying not to be condescending to providence. I don't like to knock any team especially if they are well coached and are disciplined, like Providence is. My take on it all is that teams like TCA, CCC, and OTC should be in class 4A or 5A, since they routinely play out of district games against much higher class schools and usually defeat them. I don't particularly like going to a game where the outcome is already known and where I end up leaving at halftime. All TCA, CCC, and OTC district games are that way. There is just no competition in 3A for these teams. They could all easily compete in 4A and 5A districts. MaClay ia another example. A team that tries hard and has some good players. But, tonight will be another running clock with the subs in after halftime for TCA. The only fans who will be in the stands and who actually think it's a real game are people who know nothing about HS football and just want some place to go on a Friday evening.

Proset: I agree and would never want to be condescending to Providence. They are a program on the rise, but still are a year or so away. They are putting a good amount of money into their facilities and are committed to building a contender. I don't totally disagree with you about certain teams being in higher classifications, but I think that is a hard thing to manage from year to year. The districts are obviously set by the FHSAA, so teams like TCJax, CCC, OTC, American Heritage have to play the teams they are told to play. Personally, I enjoy the games from start to finish, but I am just a football nut I guess. As far as tonight's game, TCJax has never played Maclay so it will be a new one for us. Hopefully next week we will match up against you guys in Ocala and that should be a great one.

Originally posted by TCMan:
Proset: I agree and would never want to be condescending to Providence. They are a program on the rise, but still are a year or so away. They are putting a good amount of money into their facilities and are committed to building a contender. I don't totally disagree with you about certain teams being in higher classifications, but I think that is a hard thing to manage from year to year. The districts are obviously set by the FHSAA, so teams like TCJax, CCC, OTC, American Heritage have to play the teams they are told to play. Personally, I enjoy the games from start to finish, but I am just a football nut I guess. As far as tonight's game, TCJax has never played Maclay so it will be a new one for us. Hopefully next week we will match up against you guys in Ocala and that should be a great one.
Correction. Hopefully WE will match up against you guys in Ocala. You're the team to beat. It will be tough. But, I have faith in this 2014 OTC team where I did not have faith in the 2013 team. I think it will be a close game and maybe a low scoring game. Depends on which team wants it the most.

The FHSAA can always be petitioned for a school to move up or down in classification. If OTC wanted to move up I'm quite sure the FHSAA would agree. Moving down would be more difficult.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT