ADVERTISEMENT

Bolles 63 Umatilla 0, Raines 64 Villages 0

jambun82

Jul 13, 2011
Bolles is a machine, the Bulldogs mix up the pass and run for a very explosive offense. Umatilla played hard and showed class to the end. I was notified that Raines also cruised. Bolles at Raines should be a great game next week.

The Raines qb said they were going to close the book on Bolles' season. What an idiot. Why would you give them any sort of additional motivation? Bolles by 2+ scores.

I was told that Bolles had several starters out for the regular season game and the score was only 34-33 in favor of Raines. Bolles looked sharp on Friday night, and I would not be shocked to see them playing in Orlando again this year.

Clewiston will provide Cocoa all they want on Friday, don't count them out just yet. Booker T is another story.

This post was edited on 11/17 11:14 AM by bull2244

Originally posted by floridafootball81:
The Raines qb said they were going to close the book on Bolles' season. What an idiot. Why would you give them any sort of additional motivation? Bolles by 2+ scores.
Wasn't 2+ scores, but it was Bolles closing the book. Again. Que the "Bolles paid the Refs" or "Raines got cheated." I'll look forward to reading another petition.

Was there an inadvertent whistle in the game on a Raines interception return for a touchdown?

Originally posted by jambun82:
Was there an inadvertent whistle in the game on a Raines interception return for a touchdown?
There was only an incomplete pass incorrectly called a fumble. That was a horrible call out of the officials.

Originally posted by Dan in Daytona:
Raines had 20 penalties for 164 yards. Were the refs wearing hoods ?
Raines always has a ton of penalties. They can't get out of their own way. It's hard to argue with false starts and delay of game penalties.

Watch your mouth Dan. You have no right to make a comment like that without any proof. You don't know a damn thing about Raines and the atmosphere at that stadium.

Jam, you don't know a damn thing about me. I've been there a dozen times in the last 20yrs. When an "inner city" school plays "at home" against an elite private one, lead by a beloved Hall of Fame coach, and gets called for over a 160yrds in penalties, that might make some question if things were on the up and up.

Originally posted by Dan in Daytona:
Jam, you don't know a damn thing about me. I've been there a dozen times in the last 20yrs. When an "inner city" school plays "at home" against an elite private one, lead by a beloved Hall of Fame coach, and gets called for over a 160yrds in penalties, that might make some question if things were on the up and up.
Blah blah blah. Tell that to the black refs who kept throwing the flags.

Dan, you don't know a damn thing about anything relating to officiating. Bolles wins because they are well coached and don't make fundamental mistakes, something Raines is NOT known for. It is just like earlier in the year when you decided to bad mouth the officials for the Mainland Lake Wales game, and I called you out about what specifically the officials fouls were that you didn't like. Of course, you didn't have the common human decency to answer my question, and I would ask you to put the stripes on and see what it is like to be an official, but you are too much of a coward to do that I bet. So just sit in the stands with your two-bit opinions about something you know nothing about, but don't post on this message board about officiating unless you can back up your rants with facts and explanations when you are called out.

What is fair is that you answer my question when I ask you one. What is fair is that you don't make and post ridiculous assumptions like you did earlier in this post.

Jam, don't talk down to me. I post opinions. You don't like it ? So what,big deal,move on,skip my comments. Come up and see me at the game. I can be civil and respectful. I'll buy you a Gatoraid and we can talk about it. Just don't bring that condescending authoritarian attitude with you. It doesn't work for me.

I see this thread going down the tubes. I just wished that they would of met later in the playoffs because both of these teams are good. American Heritage repeat maybe?

Dan, I am not interested in coming up into the stands and talking with you. That is what this message board is for. There was nothing civil and respectful about what you posted about the officials in the Bolles-Raines game. When impact fouls that effect the game are committed, they need to be called and penalized regardless of what someone sitting in the stands thinks of the number of fouls and penalties are. Ideally, it is great to have a well-played game with a minimal amount of penalties, but that is not always realistic in high school football.

BC, American Heritage's in 3A and 5A are both the favorites on paper and with the sports writers. I wouldn't bet against either, but they got to win it on the field where anything can happen. In 4A Bolles goes to Boot Hill to take on Madison County, never an easy place to win. Whether either from 4A north can upset BTW is another story. Corky and Bolles did it a couple years ago. Can it be repeated ?

Dan, I am not interested in coming up into the stands and talking with you. That is what this message board is for. There was nothing civil and respectful about what you posted about the officials in the Bolles-Raines game. When impact fouls that effect the game are committed, they need to be called and penalized regardless of what someone sitting in the stands thinks of the number of fouls and penalties are. Ideally, it is great to have a well-played game with a minimal amount of penalties, but that is not always realistic in high school football.

LOL and Jam had the never to call ole Dan Scared.

What's fair is this fellas if you don't like what the other posts you can hit the ignore button...

Scared of what Peezy? Both Dan and I are adults having a discussion, what is this, the wild west? Dan's post was completely uncalled for, anybody who has seen Raines play knows what kind of game that it is going to be, just like Mainland a few years ago losing in the second round of the playoffs to a team just as talented as they are because of penalties and turnovers. Until Scott Wilson took over as head coach, and started demanding discipline and accountability. Bolles had about 5 starters out in the regular season game, and Raines still only won 34-33 or something like that. Dan constantly whines about the officials on this message board, and then when he is asked to provide some examples and facts about what kind of penalties and fouls that he had a problem with, he never answers and just makes excuses. What is going into the stands to talk with him going to accomplish?

Scared of what Peezy? Both Dan and I are adults having a discussion, what is this, the wild west? Dan's post was completely uncalled for, anybody who has seen Raines play knows what kind of game that it is going to be, just like Mainland a few years ago losing in the second round of the playoffs to a team just as talented as they are because of penalties and turnovers. Until Scott Wilson took over as head coach, and started demanding discipline and accountability. Bolles had about 5 starters out in the regular season game, and Raines still only won 34-33 or something like that. Dan constantly whines about the officials on this message board, and then when he is asked to provide some examples and facts about what kind of penalties and fouls that he had a problem with, he never answers and just makes excuses. What is going into the stands to talk with him going to accomplish?
I was just being funny man don't get all hyped up.

I have learned from meeting people from this message board and others that most times the person you talk to on the board is not the same person you meet in person. Its not your thing so I am not saying your wrong for not wanting to but sometimes if the chance is had having these conversations in person tends to yield better results and understanding as is with most situations.

I've had disagreements with folks on this board and ended up meeting them in person and pretty much became life long friends
AKA BLUE 2, ODDZON, WAVEBB (never disagreed with him on the board you never do that or you may find yourself tied up in the middle of alligator alley) Darterblue2 etc....

Ok Peezy I apologize if I was a little harsh towards you. I know that you have been a very good poster on this message board for a long time, and that you are very knowledgeable about high school football. However, what Dan posted in this thread about the officials for the Bolles-Raines game is completely unacceptable, and I am NOT going to ignore it. Why that man constantly feels that he has to comment on the officials and critique them for games he attends when it is obvious that he has no clue what officials actually do, or what their duties are, is beyond me. Officiating High School Football is not as easy as it looks form the stands, and maybe if some of these people actually tried to officiate instead of whining on this message board, they would figure this out.

Ok Peezy I apologize if I was a little harsh towards you. I know that you have been a very good poster on this message board for a long time, and that you are very knowledgeable about high school football. However, what Dan posted in this thread about the officials for the Bolles-Raines game is completely unacceptable, and I am NOT going to ignore it. Why that man constantly feels that he has to comment on the officials and critique them for games he attends when it is obvious that he has no clue what officials actually do, or what their duties are, is beyond me. Officiating High School Football is not as easy as it looks form the stands, and maybe if some of these people actually tried to officiate instead of whining on this message board, they would figure this out.
Man Dan's knee's are shot he won't be officiating anything. I on the hand have tried some officiating and it is a hell job... HELL job. I commend them for what they do but just like all professions not all employees are created equal. There are refs that are bad at doing their job just like there are refs that are really good at it. There is also human error and they will make mistakes but most times they get it right. Dan is a fan of Mainland and watches all their games religiously so as a fan he is going to critique everything from the coaches, the players the refs etc... Its just to be expected.

Understand your gripe with him calling them Klan members but Dan as a white guy growing up in a predominately black neighborhood in the time he did I honestly can't fathom what he saw and or went through to lead him to that way of thinking. Its the ole walk a mile in a mans shoes analogy.

Peezy, I know about Mainland High School demographics, but that is no excuse. Mainland is finally living up to its potential as a football team because their current Head Coach, Scott Wilson, demands accountability, and doesn't take or accept excuses. Something that the previous head coach, while being good with X's and O's and a great man, was NOT known for. Mainland is getting to the state semi-finals and challenging for a state title every year for this reason, instead of getting upended in the second round of the playoffs like they were a few years ago, even though a state title was won with a very strong senior class of leaders in 2003. It has nothing to do with what the officials were doing, and if Dan cannot see this, maybe he is blind to reality.

"blind to reality" If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is !
smile.r191677.gif

Jam, stop hijacking the thread. We have a place (thread) for this discussion.

smuv85 posted on 11/24/2014...

So it is a given that Cocoa will lose to BTw?

No, it's not a given. No Cocoa hater here.

Something to ponder. 3A Trinity Christian destroyed Madison 42-7 during the regular season. I would imagine that Bolles is at least as good as TCA. Based upon that I just don't think that Madison has much of a chance to defeat Bolles, Cowboy stadium or not.

We (TCA) did get them when their starting QB was out. Don't know if that is a game changer but it should make a difference.

Originally posted by Fan 74:

We (TCA) did get them when their starting QB was out. Don't know if that is a game changer but it should make a difference.
That QB is a stud and will give Bolles all kinds of problems.

That kid is a borderline D1 kid as a QB so I would guess it would impact them quite a bit. Always tough to go to Boot hill.

Big difference at Boot Hill. MC D gave up a lot of yards on the ground. Their D didn't seem as strong as in the past. They still have plenty of speed and attitude.

Originally posted by Fan 74:

Big difference at Boot Hill. MC D gave up a lot of yards on the ground. Their D didn't seem as strong as in the past. They still have plenty of speed and attitude.
If the TCA offense put up 42 on Madison I would suspect that Bolles, with one of the best run Wing-T offenses in the state, to do even better. I really don't think an experienced team and coaching staff like Bolles is going to be very intimidated by any specific stadium out there.

Bolles isn't maintaining the kind of talent base that they have in the past. Not that I am doubting their ability to win at Boothill, but comparing them to TCA is definitely an Apples to Tangelos kind of comparison.

Originally posted by blackpopsicle:

Bolles isn't maintaining the kind of talent base that they have in the past. Not that I am doubting their ability to win at Boothill, but comparing them to TCA is definitely an Apples to Tangelos kind of comparison.
I don't know. They took out 7A Deland and 8A Niceville pretty handily. Maybe the Bolles defense is not what it was during their championship years, although they are giving up less than 11 ppg. But they're averaging just under 40 ppg of offense. And, they seem to be getting better considering they lost a close one to Raines earlier in the season and came back to beat then in the playoffs. Besides losing big to Trinity Christian Madison lost to Deland and also Pace which is a so so 5-5 team. Maybe they will need Boot Hill to even the odds against Bolles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT