ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop Verot takes the defending state champs and Riverview in Spring!

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
I want to say 34-21 against Columbus and 21 -10 against Riverview. Played a 1/2 against both.

Mark:
Side Note: 247 released its new ranking's and I see Myron Charles (a FSU lean) dropped from 199 to 210 in its national rankings

Last edited:
Just arrived home from Ft Myers after a wild late night. The reason for my trip was not the jamboree but it allowed me to attend it.

My big takeaway from the jamboree was Carter Smith. I expected to see him show off his arm. What I witnessed was his legs leading to multiple TD’s against Columbus and Riverview. He appears to be an exceptional athlete. Everything looks smooth and easy. You could easily see him excel in Michigan’s offense.

Columbus started slowly in both of their contests before picking up steam. I would assume they are replacing a lot of the players from last year’s state championship team. The new QB candidates have pretty big shoes to fill.

Riverview looks to have a nice team again. Their defense looks stout. DJ Johnson #0 looks to be a very capable RB. The OL should be able to provide the room him to be successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wavebb
Yes gatorman001, right now Myron Charles is considered a pretty strong lean to FSU. The Noles are looking to load up at DT this year. Those rankings are always interesting. ESPN, who many think is the most accurate, has him at 158th. I trust your assessment of Charles.

Attended the Auburndale @ Fort Meade spring game Thursday night. Auburndale is 4A and Fort Meade is 1R. Auburndale ruled the night but Fort Meade put up a respectable performance. I left after the 3rd quarter when the reserves started playing.

Auburndale looks like a very good Polk County team. They are in a tough district with Orlando Jones and Lake Wales. Should be a fun one to watch. The key for Auburndale will probably be senior QB Chad Williams. He is 6’2” with a solid build. His pocket passing should give Auburndale fans reason to be excited along with a young thunder and lightning RB duo.

Fort Meade should do well if they can shore up the QB position. If they do so they could do some damage in their region. Hawthorne is in this region so every other team will more than have their work cut out for them. A player to watch out for for the Miners is 6’2” DB/WR Omari Russell. He is projected as a safety in college. He was Fort Meade’s go to receiver. He caught everything and was tough to tackle. He had to take over at QB early in the 3rd quarter leading the Miners to their only TD.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorman001
On a personal note. I spoke to a longtime friend and Riverview coach, Kenny Howard. Kenny played football and basketball at Sarasota High in the late 70’s. He played college football at Louisville. He has coached youth football for many years. Kenny has a physique similar to Frank Thomas. He has 3 times the natural muscle than the average man and a heart to match.

I say that to ask you for prayers for Kenny. He will have an important surgery Tuesday. Thank you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT