ADVERTISEMENT

Badbird tell me it ain't so......Dade 1st round

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Saw your quick 8A -1 and 2 on Josh's board. With Norland's win earlier this week and the Matanzas choke Friday night both teams have traded their #7 and #8 seeding in 6A-4.

Matanzas at #1 Miami Northwestern
Miami Central at #4 Dillard

Miami Carol City at #3 Palm Bay Heritage
Miami Norland at #2 Mainland

Badbird, please tell me that I've made a mathematical error in my calculations. Must beat (3) Miami's to reach the semi-finals ? Oh my...

Damn Peezy, was hoping you wouldn't see this till the morning........winner, winner, chicken dinner.

This mornings addition of the Daytona Beach News-Journal is reporting that the Mainland coaching staff didn't know their playoff opponent (Miami Norland) until Sunday morning. Were they waiting for the FHSAA announcement ? If so they lost 36 hrs of (possible) preparation! When Matanzas High went down to defeat against Pedro Menendez High Friday night their 1st round match up was a lock, in the bank, guaranteed, 99.9% certainty, etc,etc. Several of us on this message board, and others like it, have been saying for months that EVERY TEAM NEEDS SOMEONE TO DO THE MATH AFTER EVERY GAME with a strong emphasis on the final few weeks of the season. Don't be a casualty of someone else's error. Protect yourself, and get a jump on the competition. 1-800-CALLDAN

Reactions: DarterBlue2
This mornings addition of the Daytona Beach News-Journal is reporting that the Mainland coaching staff didn't know their playoff opponent (Miami Norland) until Sunday morning. Were they waiting for the FHSAA announcement ? If so they lost 36 hrs of (possible) preparation! When Matanzas High went down to defeat against Pedro Menendez High Friday night their 1st round match up was a lock, in the bank, guaranteed, 99.9% certainty, etc,etc. Several of us on this message board, and others like it, have been saying for months that EVERY TEAM NEEDS SOMEONE TO DO THE MATH AFTER EVERY GAME with a strong emphasis on the final few weeks of the season. Don't be a casualty of someone else's error. Protect yourself, and get a jump on the competition. 1-800-CALLDAN

Under the new system the above is key. Too many variables to do this in your head. And, with that many variables, it is easy to make mistakes. Failure to track your team's position is a disaster waiting to happen for some team somewhere down the line.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona

If they did not do their due diligence then they are not a good staff my friend. No other way around it.

Under the new system the above is key. Too many variables to do this in your head. And, with that many variables, it is easy to make mistakes. Failure to track your team's position is a disaster waiting to happen for some team somewhere down the line.

Yeah for Mainland this year.

Last edited:
Darter, this is right up your alley. A retired CPA looking for a little " busy time." How many high schools in Orange county and the vicinity. I can see your television ad now following one of those Morgan & Morgan ones, For The People. With a very small finders commission you might land a few east coast accounts :).....and with a crying infant in the house, a few West Coast ones too!

Last edited:
Darter, this is right up your alley. A retired CPA looking for a little " busy time." How many high schools in Orange county and the vicinity. I can see your television ad now following one of those Morgan & Morgan ones, For The People. With a very small finders commission you might land a few east coast accounts :).....and with a crying infant in the house, a few West Coast ones too!
LMAOF!!

Naples coach also said that, they didn't know and he said he teaches and its not like you can take the day monday to catch up on what you missed on the weekend.

I'm not impressed with this system, but haven't been with much of what the FHSAA does; Cowtowing to wealthy schools like Neese and STA who bring lawyers and teeing off on Immoaklee and North Port who don't; Free Agency; Allowing kids who should be half way through their college career to play in high school.

This system was about as ready to turn out as the first Obama Care sign up was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT