ADVERTISEMENT

Apopka at West Orange - What do you think?

I don't think it will be 42-0 APK like it was last year. For people out of the know: West Orange beat Apopka in the regular season last year but lost 42-0 in round 2 to finish 11-1.

I'm not sure how Apopka will stop Barrett (QB) on the edge. He single handedly extends drives. Apopka needs the offense to be on point.

Prediction 28-28 OT, then flip a coin

Last edited:
8A needs to be on the 2-pointer lookout. West Orange is very good with it. That's how they took down DP in the final seconds and they have been doing it early in games (with success) all year.

Problem is, Manatee has already used up all the two-point plays that the FHSAA allowed for 8A this year.

Can the Darters avenge their only loss?

Yes, but is going to be very difficult. I see the range being from a very close Apopka win to a relatively comfortable West Orange win. Say a spread of from Apopka by 3 to West Orange by 28. Why? Apopka has not demonstrated an ability to gain yards in the air at all this year. In fact they probably have as many passing yards in the Spring and KOC combined than in all their regular season games. And, in the Timber Creek game, not only did they not have any passing yards, but they did not attempt a single pass.

I can't see Apopka scoring more than 21 points on the ground against West Orange. And, while Apopka's defense is pretty stout, I can't see them limiting West Orange to less than what Dr. Phillips scored against Apopka. Woody Barrett is just too good. I realize that that RD will add wrinkles to the ground game, and this will result in points. But I just can't see Apopka scoring enough points to win comfortably.

I hope I am wrong ... but fear I am right.

Lake Brantley at Mandarin will also be a well-officiated football game I predict.

You won't know who I am though.

Says YOU!
I'll look for the guy concentrating REALLY HARD. Then I'll say, " Squeeze the bottle, man, so the water will come out. Hold it over your mouth."

play_a_officials_576.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT