ADVERTISEMENT

American Heritage Planation will play Bosco on 9-2-16 in Fla

Drummer61

Nov 7, 2012
Should be decent game as Bosco lost most of the starters... AHP 3rd game and Bosco's first.. AHP associate may have said, "we want to do to Bosco what STA could not" ???

Should be decent game as Bosco lost most of the starters... AHP 3rd game and Bosco's first.. AHP associate may have said, "we want to do to Bosco what STA could not" ???
Don't know about the authenticity of Drummer's bulletin board material, but here's a hat's off to the new head coach at AHP.
Kickoff Classic- Booker T Washington
Game 1 - Colquitt County, Ga
Game 2 - Don Bosco Prep, N.J.
Game 3 - Miami Northwestern
Now that's a murder's row debut if there ever was one !

Don't know about the authenticity of Drummer's bulletin board material, but here's a hat's off to the new head coach at AHP.
Kickoff Classic- Booker T Washington
Game 1 - Colquitt County, Ga
Game 2 - Don Bosco Prep, N.J.
Game 3 - Miami Northwestern
Now that's a murder's row debut if there ever was one !
That comment-quote was originally made by nolebull...Agree with those opening four games being tough to match.. AHP also has a first year coach who will be tested his first year.

Last edited:
That's right! A coach did say that!

I hope they can win this game. I am a Bosco fan though. One of my favorite OOS teams since watching them live vs Manatee

Reactions: 181pl
Or what MC did to Bosco
That 30 point beating, to a great team, did not undue the best OOS record in all of HS football. 4-1 vs Fla, 2-0 vs DLS and 2-0 vs STA... Not the best, even with two national titles, but better than most..

Reactions: Zoe Boy
I never did become a fan after also watching them live against Manatee.
Manatee was a very good team that day.. Came back after two OOS loses and won a state title. Manatee was also given 14 points that game by a horrible td call when their player was out of bounds and Bosco had a penalty called when their was none.. Joe Kinnan later said, "they were the best we played" Bosco 22-16 at Manatee !!!!!!!! The correct score should have been 29-10............. Bosco 12-0 and National title.

That 30 point beating, to a great team, did not undue the best OOS record in all of HS football. 4-1 vs Fla, 2-0 vs DLS and 2-0 vs STA... Not the best, even with two national titles, but better than most..
Which is true and agree with you.... Just wish y'all would play more dade n broward teams not name STA

Which is true and agree with you.... Just wish y'all would play more dade n broward teams not name STA
I do too. Miami Dade has some great teams and many Bosco fans wanted Bosco to play, among others, Miramar, MC again, BTW, Columbus, MNW and Carol City.. Bobby Bowden said the best football is there. To schedule these OOS is no joke and takes a lot of planning.. Bosco and some others are trying to get home and away as Bosco did with Moeller, Mission Viejo, STA, and DLS.. Bosco now may be trying to get a home and away with Hoover in Ala. ????

Last edited:
Visited AHP campus...Very nice with small brick buildings, great turf field with black and gold colors in endzone and gold goal posts.. Looks like a small Ivy League college, i.e Dartmouth.... 2500 students and field has low stands... Mostly scholarship player from Ft Lauderdale.. Close to Panthers Arena in Sunrise..

Visited AHP campus...Very nice with small brick buildings, great turf field with black and gold colors in endzone and gold goal posts.. Looks like a small Ivy League college, i.e Dartmouth.... 2500 students and field has low stands... Mostly scholarship player from Ft Lauderdale.. Close to Panthers Arena in Sunrise..
Yes, that campus with it's turf fielded stadium passes the eye test. It looks like money.

It is money but the kids n parents are very snotty over there...
Zoe and Dan, really... "snotty" I like that....Historically, Bosco does not favor "snotty" parents or schools.. i.e.after Bosco dismantled STA, when hearing a similar comment about STA players, who then trashed their Hotel at the Point...Well, well, "SNOTTY" AHP...................

Last edited:
I never did become a fan after also watching them live against Manatee.
Magic, you may remember the name Leonte Caroo?? He caught a bomb against Manatee for Bosco..Played at Rutgers and just was signed by the Dolphins.. 86th pick. $700,000 bonus and 3.1 million for 3years.. 4.49 40.

Zoe and Dan, really... "snotty" I like that....Historically, Bosco does not favor "snotty" parents or schools.. i.e.after Bosco dismantled STA, when hearing a similar comment about STA players, who then trashed their Hotel at the Point...Well, well, "SNOTTY" AHP...................
Not saying the football players but the kids that attend the school! Spoil brats!

Not saying the football players but the kids that attend the school! Spoil brats!
I know that..Usually, good tough players aren't spoiled, but sometimes they are... i.e Two players from STA, when Bosco beat them at West Point, proved it by tearing up their hotel rooms. Also, I have seen some players act spoiled when losing.. Glades Central players, about 3 years ago, exhibited spoiled and STUPID behavior when they lost a game they should have won...Cocky and spoiled= arrogance and spoiled.. PS what is the toughest HS football league in Fla and the USA.. I say Miami Dade teams 5-6A..USA ???

I know that..Usually, good tough players aren't spoiled, but sometimes they are... i.e Two players from STA, when Bosco beat them at West Point, proved it by tearing up their hotel rooms. Also, I have seen some players act spoiled when losing.. Glades Central players, about 3 years ago, exhibited spoiled and STUPID behavior when they lost a game they should have won...Cocky and spoiled= arrogance and spoiled.. PS what is the toughest HS football league in Fla and the USA.. I say Miami Dade teams 5-6A..USA ???
I'll go 6a and 8a

BTW is 4A. Come on Drummer, Florida boy 20+ years now ,right ?
Yep 20 years but can always learn more.. Started to follow them when I lived in Sunrise... You know who liked a lot Dan, Columbus.. A few years back they had two rb's who were very good and Manatee under Kinnan.. I don't think another state has more good teams then Fla.. Miami Dade teams, STA, Mainland, Dr Phillips, sometimes Plant and a few others..

Even though 8A does not always have the the top team in the state I believe the hardest region and road to States is generally 8A South region which includes Palm Beach, Broward and Dade. Last season Columbus and Flanagan were both top 50 National teams. Delray Atlantic, South Dade, and Deerfield Beach all cracked the top 100 nationally at one point of the 2015 season as well. Plantation, Miramar, Coral Gables, Miami Southridge and American were no push-overs either. I'll put it to you like this Booker T. Washington the 4A State Champion would have struggled to win one game in the 8A playoffs in Broward/Dade.
District speaking it varies a lot. In 2015 I would rank 5A-16 and 6A-16 as the top two. 5A-16 will be weak this year though. Generally speaking 6A-16 is the hardest district. 8A-12 is usually pretty solid as well.
North Florida including the Orlando, Jax, TB area may be similar. There are a few teams that can play with the best regardless of class , but hardest road to states is generally 8A.
To conclude for 2015, I would rank 8A followed by 6A statewide overall.

Reactions: Zoe Boy
Even though 8A does not always have the the top team in the state, I'll put it to you like this Booker T. Washington the 4A State Champion would have struggled to win one game in the 8A playoffs in Broward/Dade.

You do know that BT Washington was lights out 2012 through 2014 right. In 2013 they would have walked through 8A, they were a special team with Ice Harris as HC. The 8A Finals that year consisted of South Dade and Apopka. Normally decent teams but not elite like Booker T was that year.

Since Ice took over I would definitely put Booker T in that elite group, even though admittedly, 2015 was a rough year for BTW. Oh, and guess who will be back at BTW as HC this coming fall... maybe some of the boys in 8A will schedule BTW in 2018 if some of the 8A teams think they can compete with them.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
And for the record, I'm also a fan of NJHS football. Some very good athletes come out of Jersey. Caroo was just a tease for what is lining up for the future.

You do know that BT Washington was lights out 2012 through 2014 right. In 2013 they would have walked through 8A, they were a special team with Ice Harris as HC. The 8A Finals that year consisted of South Dade and Apopka. Normally decent teams but not elite like Booker T was that year.

Since Ice took over I would definitely put Booker T in that elite group, even though admittedly, 2015 was a rough year for BTW. Oh, and guess who will be back at BTW as HC this coming fall... maybe some of the boys in 8A will schedule BTW in 2018 if some of the 8A teams think they can compete with them.

Agree 110% and am aware of their history. I know BTW had an off year but were still good enough to win 4A last year. They were bullied around a bit in Dade in 2015, but I believe they will be right there in the mix with the top teams in Dade for 2016. I believe they will return close to their 2013/14 status in 2017. Most of the teams that they lost to last year were simply more junior/senior loaded and flat out more physical. Columbus, Northwestern and Southridge beat BTW on physicality alone. Columbus did them a favor by crushing them just before the post-season - a great prep to that may helped prepare them for the post-season. BTW went on a tear after that game all they way through Orlando!
This year all of those FR and SO are a year more mature.

My whole point is the hardest path to win States through 5 games is generally 8A South or the 8A North Region. On average your 5 games are 5 better teams than 1,2,3,4,5,6, or 7A. Not the best team(s) but the hardest post-seadon 5 games. Surely in 2015. If you want to talk about Flanagan's path to States versus BTW's path in 2015. I would be glad to compare the two. Cocoa is usually a tough game and that is about it. Glades Central and Raines are self-destructive on their play-calling alone.

Last edited:
And for the record, I'm also a fan of NJHS football. Some very good athletes come out of Jersey. Caroo was just a tease for what is lining up for the future.
Thanks cat and Broward... See Dan, I learned some more.. Cat, what's with those Jersey sissys' i.e Delbarton and that team in Sparta that won't play Bosco and STR..Badddddddddddddddddd.. Your right about what's coming with those Jersey teams.. Good to hear you..

I believe Jersey teams are also some of the better coached teams in the country. Particularly the privates. I don't know what Bosco will bring back but at this point I do not believe AHP is quite as strong as last year. Still early though for both teams. Should be a good one!

I believe Jersey teams are also some of the better coached teams in the country. Particularly the privates. I don't know what Bosco will bring back but at this point I do not believe AHP is quite as strong as last year. Still early though for both teams. Should be a good one!
Your very informed and thank you.. I went to Bosco and as you said, a little early yet.. Should be a good game...

Thanks cat and Broward... See Dan, I learned some more.. Cat, what's with those Jersey sissys' i.e Delbarton and that team in Sparta that won't play Bosco and STR..Badddddddddddddddddd.. Your right about what's coming with those Jersey teams.. Good to hear you..

Part of the "Everyone gets a trophy" mentality. Delby is used to winning, winning in more than just football and when they run into some real comp the can't stand losing 2 or 3 times in a season so they call foul and complain about the system. that is my best guess.
Been to a few games in Jersey. Bosco, Paramus and Bergen games to be exact. Liked the Bosco field best. Almost has that 'on the sideline' feel to the game.

Last edited:
Part of the "Everyone gets a trophy" mentality. Delby is used to winning, winning in more than just football and when they run into some real comp the can't stand losing 2 or 3 times in a season so they call foul and complain about the system. that is my best guess.
Been to a few games in Jersey. Bosco, Paramus and Bergen games to be exact. Liked the Bosco field best. Almost has that 'on the sideline' feel to the game.
More than that.. Delbarton appears to be an arrogant lot.. Great Lacrosse and has no problem BLASTING other teams.. "Everybody gets a trophy" !!!! BINGO....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT