ADVERTISEMENT

Alaska HS Football

LAZL

Feb 5, 2003
Greetings from Fairbanks!
Just checking out some of the teams around here during my down time. Most of the state’s best programs appear to be in or near Anchorage. There is one team here in Fairbanks though that is ranked in the top 8000 in the country....West Valley.
Anyway, it’s colder than a well digger’s arse up here and I hope to be thawed out and back in Fla in time for week 2.
Oh yeah, the regular season ends in early October here.

Reactions: Trelle and Wavebb
Just checking out some of the teams around here during my down time. Most of the state’s best programs appear to be in or near Anchorage. There is one team here in Fairbanks though that is ranked in the top 8000 in the country....West Valley.
Anyway, it’s colder than a well digger’s arse up here and I hope to be thawed out and back in Fla in time for week 2.

Does Chugiak still have a decent team? I went to Nashville in 1996, to watch their defending state champions, play the Tennessee state champions, Brentwood Academy!

As an aside, ain't it a DRY cold?:) My EX Mrs. Rabid lives in Palmer!

Laz spent 4 years up there based out of Prudhoe Bay! Got to see the famous blue field one time there in Barrow, they got some decent athletes up there but obviously hockey is king. And it’s still summer try visiting in January lol.

Laz spent 4 years up there based out of Prudhoe Bay! Got to see the famous blue field one time there in Barrow, they got some decent athletes up there but obviously hockey is king. And it’s still summer try visiting in January lol.

HEY, I ain't no stinkin dummy! I get TV shows TOO! Life WAAAAAAAY below ZERO, and Alaska Mountain Men!:) Don't tell anybody but I think Marty MAY be a pedophile! He turned off the cameras and went into the sunset with his lil daughter, with dear ole MOM left holding the bag at home!:eek:

The former Ms. Rabid use to live up at the North Pole with SANTA!

Back from the northern frontier and holy smokes, another freakin' storm!! I recommend we move every single team up to Alaska through the month of September. It's perfect football weather there for the next few weeks. Now we've got massive cancellations, postponements and reschedules to deal with.....again!
Every stinking year with this nonsense. Peezy, make it happen!!
Meanwhile, My site is updated through week one. I'll start the forecasts before week 3 as I'm still fighting several schedule screw ups I had from before I left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT