ADVERTISEMENT

AHP beats preseason hyped IMG 19-7 on the road

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
In a very entertaining preseason match up of Florida football powers carried live on the Brighthouse network, AHP withstood an IMG second half rally to pull out a big statement win against that assembled all-star team from Bradenton. Both teams will vastly improve over the coming weeks as their new quarterbacks adjust to their starting roles. Maybe all that IMG preseason hype was just that.... Hype. Time will tell

Well, the IMG excuses are already flooding Twitter. IMG fans are pulling the injury card, which baffles me, since I was under the impression that IMG recruited the world...when one D-1 athlete went down, another..better version..made with newer technology replaced them.

In all seriousness, great win for AH-Plantation.

Jessica, I saw your tweet on TV during the game, did you? In my eyes AHP was the more physical and athletic of the two; in particularly both lines of scrimmage. IMG's #54 from Tampa was the exception. He was a beast. My bias against IMG might be clouding my objectivity, but I don't think they are that special on the field. At least not at this time.

Yes, Florida's top-rated player who had never played a down of football in this state, threw the pick 6 that lost the game in the end.

Reactions: Silver King
Whaaaaaaaat wasn't he supposed to be from the Florida Rivals era All Time Top 10? He gets on a Florida field for the first time and throws the game deciding Oskie Six? No he dit-int?

I need to consult pollmeister Wavebb on what this will do to him in the rankings, a drop in the poll, or you never know, maybe it elevates him.

I thought that AH-Plantation played with more passion, was physical and when things started to go against them toward the end of the third they were able to regroup. Also, I'm also impressed with how well the AH-Plantation coach could project his voice..that's an impressive skill!

Hey Silver King, let Nu'Trelle 'splain something to ya. He'd be willing to lay even money that the private school team that won this game was the team that had the highest percentage of starting players paying less than full-tuition.

Thought #2: Take the ringers off the field (i.e., the star blue chip athletes who are essentially given free rides) and an ordinary high school like your alma mater, as well as plenty of other decent HS programs, would probably give either IMG or AHP all they wanted.

All I know is AHP did what they were charged to do. And at least one of them will be contacted by IMG.

"You will be assimilated." - BORG

BP, I'm still learning these board options, like Laz, a little dinosaurish, so how to I get that changing quote signature feature on my post?

Good call Naughts. After seeing what DeMatha did to Miami Central yesterday and what AHP did to IMG last week it "should" be a good one. But is AHP better then Central ? They never "have" been. Power Florida teams are stumbling out of the blocks on the national scene.

Yeah, not very impressive this yesterday on ESPN. Still waiting for that IMG Q to get to the point of sniffing that Florida list they put him on.
IMG is not governed by any rules, right? And it's only August, correck? Maybe they'll start working the phones and fly some other star QB's in for tryouts? Just because they brought this kid in from Mississippi doesn't mean they have to stick with him. They could always try New Jersey, Texas, Illinois, California, Ohio, Wyoming, Arkansas, New Mexico, Georgia, West Virginia, Kansas, Montana, Oregon, Minnesota, Nevada, Vermont, Hawaii, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Colorado, Alabama, North Dakota, Delaware, Maine, Michigan, Iowa, Idaho, Rhode Island, or etc.

Obviously, as any serious HS football fan worff his salt will tell you, this is 2015. If the objeck is to be the Number One Top Super 25 HS Newspaper-rated Football Team in the entire US of A, you cant be farting around restrickting yourself to kids who only live within 10-15 miles of the school. Job one in HS football championship-style 2015 is to round up the horses. Introductions (where the kids actually learn each other's name) can come later.

Last edited:
When you play an all star cast such as IMG you know the recruiters are going to be watching most of the games. Any chance that one of the athlete's hasn't been seen yet then he will get his look when they play IMG. Problems is if he is too good then IMG might try recruiting him.

Cocoa has lots of JR's on the roster this year, hope a few get a look to make it worth the time they put in to play IMG.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT