ADVERTISEMENT

941 games week 2

FishinGuy

Apr 18, 2013
Not much about Manatee and/or Braden RIver losing... How about Charlotte's big win??

Week 2

Palmetto -at- RIverview

Braden River -at- Manatee (both 0-2)

Charlotte/Riverdale

Braden River and Manatee are puzzling, one of those teams will be O-for after this weekend.

G\gatorman or TWC, what you got?

Looks like I'll be able to make the Manatee game after-all, as the Hurricane has put a hold on my closing due to some glitch with the insurance industry not accepting new home insurance policy's while Florida remains a possible target for landfall.

Braden River lost some major Sarasota HS talent back to Sarasota HS during the off-season.......I got to be honest about the Manatee/Palmetto game. The wet conditions kept Palmetto from exploiting the Manatee pass defense last week. Manatee has the talent to be 1st - 3rd round playoff team this season, but I'm still not convinced its has the coaching to maximize that talent?

I think it will be a game that will be nip and tuck.....unless one team falls victim to a number of unforced errors? I believe the current OC for Manatee isn't doing enough to protect his young QB and then there's the whole coaching decision on who is playing at both OG positions?.....the last couple of weeks Palmetto and Lakeland brought pressure based on Manatee's offensive sets......and both were successful at negatively impacting the
Manatee offense. The OC wants to call a game/plays and use offensive sets that need much better OL play.........

I could see Manatee pulling this out because its a home game, and like I indicated earlier I like the talent Manatee has......its just young and needs to collectively play better games on both sides of the ball........reps help with making that happen and Palmetto and Lakeland were 2 tuff teams to open up with...

Go Canes Go!

Looks like I'll be able to make the Manatee game after-all, as the Hurricane has put a hold on my closing due to some glitch with the insurance industry not accepting new home insurance policy's while Florida remains a possible target for landfall.
Listen up gatorman001, the Dorian threat had nothing to do with your rejection.

On Labor Day, several of us met at peezy's place and decided that the right thing to do was contack the insurance carrier and advise them that - after knowin you for 16+ years - you're a extremely high risk type of dude.

The insurance people thanked us immensely an tole us they had already been contack by people from many other forums.

Feelin good about doing a civic good, we adjourned to a local beer joint where everybody except Wave bought a round. Wave forgot his wallet. Agin.

Listen up gatorman001, the Dorian threat had nothing to do with your rejection.

On Labor Day, several of us met at peezy's place and decided that the right thing to do was contack the insurance carrier and advise them that - after knowin you for 16+ years - you're a extremely high risk type of dude.

The insurance people thanked us immensely an tole us they had already been contack by people from many other forums.

Feelin good about doing a civic good, we adjourned to a local beer joint where everybody except Wave bought a round. Wave forgot his wallet. Agin.

Just curious..................since as you put it " I'm a extremely high risk dude", does that mean I might qualify for a named storm in the near future?
Regarding the insurance situation, apparently after thoughtful consideration the insurance commission felt the allegations raised at said meeting were without sufficient merit, or possibly since alcohol was involved at some point.....they felt the potential risk was sufficient that said allegations were a direct result of the influence of the high rate of indulgence that took place at said gathering......closing is back on for Friday, so I may not be able to make this week's game after-all......

Go Canes Go!

No-matter-how-good-a-person-you-are-you-are-evil-i
Every body at peezy's house agreed unanimous that you qualifies for nothin.

no-matter-how-good-a-person-you-are

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Final Braden River 26, Manatee 14 - SK a handicapper.
Manatee OC had the left handed QB rolling out to his right and throowing against his body, which resulted in a easy pick-6 for Braden River, Then there was the fake punt on a 4th and 10 that resulted in a Braden River TD................I think Braden River may have punted once on 4th down all night and that's the difference in the game. From a player personnel standpoint, I believe the only player that really stood out to me tonight was the Braden River QB...............Has a great arm, and has an uncanny ability to buy himself time, to find the open receiver.......I want to say he did that maybe 8-10 times tonight. TWC must know who Im talking about, but the OG at the beginning of the game was getting off the ball a good 1/2 to 3/4 of second slower than the rest of the Manatee OL. On the positive for this same OG, on what was an incredibly humid night this young man is easily pushing 340+ lbs, I was surprised how well he handled the heat and humidity in the 4th QT.....I actually felt he played better in the later stages of the game! I had felt that the OC needed to consider bringing in a good sized H-back into the offense......I was thinking Ives would have been the perfect candidate........so when I saw Porter there for one play, I was thinking YES the OC gets it..................but I dont think I ever saw him out there again?
What is it with this loose zone coverage Manatee DB's are always in, Braden River ate Manatee's lunch all night because of it. Nobody wraps up..................nobody!......I saw Justin several times try leveling someone. rather than wrapping up, and it resulted in the back getting 2-3 extra yards..... #56 has some size and really good speed as an edge rusher, why doesn't he get to play more?This Manatee team is not being coached to its potential...............

While the stands weren't particularly filled with Manatee fans, I thought the Manatee student section was just terrific....good for them!

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Gatorman, glad you got to see the game, you headed back, or staying for another? This should be a pretty good defensive game with us a BR next week, our starting D, have only given up one score, and have scored three themselves.

Gatorman, glad you got to see the game, you headed back, or staying for another? This should be a pretty good defensive game with us a BR next week, our starting D, have only given up one score, and have scored three themselves.

Im officially back in Florida, bought a home in Punta Gorda. Manatee is off next week, so maybe I'll swing by and watch the Tarpons if they're playing at Home?

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT