ADVERTISEMENT

941 area

Tampa Bay Tech is hosting Palmetto. I haven’t seen Palmetto but I’ve seen TBT twice.

TBT is a solid team who I like very much. I do think they are a little overrated. Their offense has a speed back and power back that are good but can be stopped. Palmetto better guard against the quick slants. If they get after the QB that should stop the deep passes. The TBT defense is very stingy but if the QB is mobile and can improvise they can be beat. They usually keep the score low.

Saw TBT play a tough Hillsborough winning 14-7 at TBT. The other game was at Wharton where Wharton jumped out front with 2 quick TD’s. The big play of the game was in the 3rd quarter when Wharton’s QB rolled out. While he threw a pass a TBT pass rusher legally tackled him causing the QB to get his 🔔 rung. Wharton’s defense gallantly held TBT but fell to them by 9 points.

If you are from Palmetto and are going to the game I suggest you park on the west side of the stadium (visitors side). Also suggest you bring your own drinks and snacks. They have a nice sized concession stand but has only one line sometimes (30 minute wait).

The TBT Marching Band is for my $ the best marching band in Tampa.

Last edited:
I believe playing at home as well as having a very stout and physical defense, will allow Lemon Bay to win tonight against Clewiston HS. As a side note, I watched some film this week of Lemon Bay and they do a lot of things Manatee attempted to do this past year, with one major exception on offense…….Lemon Bay utilizes motion in its offense. There isn’t really anything fancy about Lemon Bay on offense, its pretty much a ground and pound type offense, taking advantage of its very physical nature.
Lemon Bay 24 Clewiston 14

I watched the Jesuit win over STA this year, and while I won’t take anything away from the Jesuit win. STA made a boat load of mistakes to help Jesuit to its win. I don’t believe Jesuit runs away with its game against Braden River tonight, I see this as a game Jesuit isn’t able to put away until the 2nd half.
Jesuit 31 Braden River 13

The Venice and Riverview matchup, is a unfortunate early round playoff game. Don’t think the outcome will be any different from their 1st regular season encounter either. Venice should be playing for a 8A state championship in a few weeks.
Venice 37 Riverview 3

The Tampa Bay Tech/Palmetto game is exactly the kind of game Palmetto head coach Marino loves to get his Tigers up for! Unless Tampa Bay Tech can find a way to put Palmetto away early, I believe Palmetto will make life very uncomfortable for Tampa Bay Tech. If it’s close in the 4th QT , Palmetto can win this game. Looking for Palmetto’s LB Jaylon Wester, to dominate tonight and inspire the Palmetto team to pull out a win!
Palmetto 27 Tampa Bay Tech 24

gatormann001, I attended the STA @ Jesuit game. You are right. Jesuit deserved to win but the STA kids were as flat as a pancake. Game was put together at the last minute due opponents having Covid, STA just won ESPN game and 4-5 hour bus ride.

Jesuit is legit. Why? More talented skill players than they usually have and JR LB Troy Bowles.

Reactions: Silver King
When I saw the name Troy Bowles, I wondered to myself if he was related to the Bucs DC and sure enough he is his son! I really liked the Jesuit TB, he was a huge difference maker for Jesuit on offense against STA. Lots of nice talent on Jesuit, that's nicely coached as well!

Reactions: MarkECannon
I was way off on the Braden River outcome, Lemon Bay defense ran into a buzz saw with the Clewiston offense. I thought the officiating was rather benevolent in favor of Tampa bay Tech last night, and at least3 calls had a direct impact on the final score. Venice did what I expected them to do to Riverview. As far as score watching goes, I thought the Lake Gibson 32-14 win over Edgewater was eye opening, Lake Gibson as enough star power to be a title contender in 7A. I also thought the Nease 24-17 win over Niceville was eye opening. Many will also point to the Dillard 28-14 loss to Homestead as a upset, but I had felt the Dillard hype for much of the season was just that hype !

gatorman001 DarterBlue2 attended the Lake Gibson @ Edgewater game with us. A somewhat heavy drizzle muddied the grass field during the first half. Edgewater managed 2 early touchdowns to match Lake Gibson’s 2 TDS.

Then backed up deep in their own territory Edgewater ran a rollout pass that ended up a safety when LG sacked the QB. It was all LG after that.

The MVP of the game was LG RB and Utah commit Jayvon Glover. He’s a powerful, built low to the ground athlete who gets an extra 2-3 yards when tackled. UF & FSU are trying to flip him. FSU commit DB Sam McCall added a 48 yard punt return for a TD. Lake Gibson was impressive. They play Melbourne this week. DarterBlue2 said he didn’t think LG will have too much trouble with them.

I would love to see Glover eventually sign with the Gators, he was originally thought to be a Gator lean but something negative went on between he and Mullen and he committed to the Utah? McCall was another one that everyone figured was a Gator, but also committed else where. I'm also really high on junior CB Cormani McClain! I too don't expect LG to not have any trouble with Melbourne this coming Friday night and believe a LG/STA final is likely for 7A.......

Yes Glover was expected to commit to the Gators. He told some people to expect a surprise in his commitment then chose Utah. If he does flip UF is the favorite. Supposedly FSU is keeping contact with him on a daily basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT