ADVERTISEMENT

2015 State Champions Bowl???

THE TCA DUDE

Oct 12, 2007
I have a question, does anybody know if there will be a State Championship bowl game after the State Championships this year like last year?

Word is that it will be only one game and not be played in Florida (NationalHSFootball.Com) , message board thread of two weeks ago with newspaper article talking with promoter. Nothing was set at that time. They were still looking for sponsors. Burger King was out. (couple weeks ago)

Never knew they had this. Is this where all the championship teams from each class play each other to determine the overall state champ?

Magic, last year was the first. It was in Baca Raton (FAU). Burger King sponsored the one day event, 3 games. Many states didn't allow teams to play. Many others (STA, Apopka) didn't want to play after winning a state championship. BookerT, Miami Central, and Trinity Christian (Jax) played a team from Washington(ST), Utah, and ?

Dec 27,2014 at FAU, Florida 3-0
BTW 34 Bingham(Utah) 28
Miami Central 37 Bothell(Wash) 27
TC (Jax) 35 Eastside Christian(Wash) 21
Est. Att. 2,000

I had a feeling this wouldn't last all though I wished it would. My guess is BK lost a lot of money on the venture.

I was a good Atmosphere down there. It was a little humid down there and a little fast for the West Coasters. But they were tough. All three were good games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT