ADVERTISEMENT

2015 POY rescinded; new POY is SPCJessica2004

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
I know, I know I said this wouldn't be like the FACA voting, but after a recount and the conclusion of the Voter Fraud investigation, it was found that improprieties existed in the election. The investigation report summarized that like recruiting in high school sports, morpvotes are in clear violation of the rules and charter.

Hammer, I hope you will accept my most sincere Steve Harvey apologies for prematurely naming you POY. You were a worthy candidate and it s great having you, and the other slaps/morphs return. It makes the board a better place, well mostly. And I give you cudos for offering to give the award to SPCJessica2004 in a previous post.

However as some have stated, we must uphold the high tenants of our sport and "do the right thing" so as not to set a bad example for any of our younger posters.

Reactions: peezy28
Give it to the girl that only talks about class 3A, the all private school class whose champ is the one that cheats the most instead of the morph that had to cheat to win. Makes sense.

If that's the case I change my vote to Janbum82. Also SPCjessica had a morph vote for her so Janbum82 is the winner.

It wasn't too smart to double the amount of votes on the last day of the first round. I knew right away. At least spread out the votes! lol

Jambun82 was not nominated, Janbum82 was. I know what your name is and would never vote for a ref. JK don't throw a flag on me. Also Phucnam was nominated and I would prefer to Phucsum and not Phucnam but neither of those is his name. The whole thing was a joke. This bored(mt) was left for dead and the slaps brought back a little life to it this year. Your 2015 POY is Chap.23 the king of the slaps.

DPHS, what if I told you that I was NOT a referee. I don't even think that I own a white hat.

The point is that the board has survive yet another year. We have a POY that can write, and takes pride in the class they write about, and does the job well I might add. There is plenty of opportunity for classes 1 through 8 to have a person step up and carry the torch for the class they like.
Would love to see others write about 4 through 8A the way Jess does 3A. I try to do some with 4A, but do not have the contacts to do it the in depth the way Jess does.

If that's the case I change my vote to Janbum82. Also SPCjessica had a morph vote for her so Janbum82 is the winner.

That's what I been trying to say all along. AND, Jambun was confused as a senior citizen trying to Google "Hanging Chad."
CALUSTER!

I think your slap skills are rusty.. Tighten up or talk to Wave.

Which is it? Tighten up? Talk to Wave? Still can't stick with a decision?

Skills Rusty? Who said I had any skills?

Oh! What an honor:) I appreciate everyone that appreciates my writing; however, there's a plethora of people who contribute to this board that are more deserving than I. I give my opinion on 3A; however, that's only because the 4 schools I was primarily interested in (SPC/TC/CCC/Berkeley) are all in the same class. Years ago, when they were in different classes (2A/2B/1A) I would write about those classes as well. Since then, I've made friends at JaxTCA, OTC, American Heritage (Del-Ray), First Academy and Winter Park Trinity Prep so I've enjoyed watching those teams as well. It also helps that with the advent of live-streaming, BHSN game of the week and individual schools live streaming their games- it makes it easier to watch games. We also live in a connected world where it's possible to simply E-mail questions to coaches and as always the fans have the most interesting takes on games and how they play out.

Due to outside constraints I'm only able to post every so often. Still, I appreciate the feedback and everybody that's helped me fill in the blanks when I'm missing information or screw up!

2016 is going to be an interesting year for HS football in general- I'm interested in reading the thoughts and predictions for it; however, Class 3A has 3 truly awesome teams this year. JaxTCA will still be the favorite; however, CCC brings back over 85% of their roster from last year and has already picked up a handful of talented linemen transfers including Dillan Gibbons a Notre Dame Commit who is one of the time offensive linemen in the country.

Chaminade-Madonna is also right there as Coach Milgrom has put together an impressive schedule that features IMG, American Heritage (Plantation), Manatee and features a plethora of transfers such as Henry Columbi the 4A Player of the Year who transferred a month ago.

With the quick rise of Chaminade it's easy to forget power's Oxbridge Academy and American Heritage Delray are still around. OTC will be better, Tampa Catholic brings back almost their entire roster minus Nate Craig, and there's still a few other surprises that could creep up.

Thank you again and look forward to future discussions about our favorite teams, players and coaches!

Reactions: Silver King
As a coach you need help even if they are only actors. Actors can babysit if you give them directions.

Feeling bad about what went down, Nu'Trelle sent The.Hammer a e-mail mentioning that since he held the 2015 POY title temporarily, if he used cards, it would be probably be OK for him to put "Former FL Varsity Poster of the Year" on them.

Hammer wrote back immediately an said, "Thanks. Don't have any spare time today, but I'll do the face cards tomorrow and get the rest of them later."

Slap took his ball, went home and I couldn't even entice him back with a Tom Stimus / Dusty Rhodes commercial. But he is a slap and the morph thing is like in their genetic code.

Feeling bad about what went down, Nu'Trelle sent The.Hammer a e-mail mentioning that since he held the 2015 POY title temporarily, if he used cards, it would be probably be OK for him to put "Former FL Varsity Poster of the Year" on them.

Hammer wrote back immediately an said, "Thanks. Don't have any spare time today, but I'll do the face cards tomorrow and get the rest of them later."

He's going with "The PEOPLE'S CHAMP".......

Reactions: redfishron
You're asking a lot of questions, you a Fed or something LC? That's on a need to know basis, and well, you know. Besides, not all of them agree on who can be called a "slap". There was one though, well, he was legendary, boarding on mythical, and that's the only one I'm listing because you can't do nothing to him anymore: Chap.23 (Did you hear the thunder roll?)

If FED means Fit En Dummy then yes I am FED. I read about him in a previous post. Also I don't hear much anymore since I've been yelling "Ice cCld, Dr. Pepper! Hear?" in all these big venues. The big stadium noise is real bad on my hearing and my DP sales.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT