ADVERTISEMENT

Winter High School Football

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
Just read about this proposal in the Naples newspaper. Were there too many thunderstorms last night? We had them too but most games were played. A winter season would surely hurt players for recruiting. What do all of you think?

Just read about this proposal in the Naples newspaper. Were there too many thunderstorms last night? We had them too but most games were played. A winter season would surely hurt players for recruiting. What do all of you think?

The real issue is that we play a longer season now. 15 games to the state championship, plus a kickoff classic, plus an open week. Back in the day the season didn't start until mid-September and the regular season ended the week of Thanksgiving. Then the playoffs were only 3 weeks max, so the season was mostly in cooler weather. Also 8pm or 8:30 was the typical start time, which I would rather go back too. By then most storms are over with anyway. Also downtown was hoping with pregame activities because we had time to get off work and not worry about missing the 1st quarter.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
I was shocked, didn't rain till we had a running clock in the 3rd. No lightening.

Normally, we have lightening delays during the first 4-5 games.

Like HWY 17 says, not much you can do with it. Playoffs already interfere with Basketball.

Sound it out, seems right...nomsayin'

And why you calling out that new guy like he got some ax to grind. It could be Canes testing the waters to see if any moderators exist on this board.

Might turn into the Wild West up in here for the soul of the two boards and which survives...

Last edited:
With all of the 8-on-8 football played in February, March, and April, there never seems to be a weather delay. I wonder if Rutgers and Princeton could have played their game in 1869 in one of those months instead of November.

Where the hell do Winter H.S. be located? Nu'Trelle been looking three days an ain't found nothin. Anybody got a e-mail address for "Truthfully"? Maybe his first cousin's next door neighbor's parole officer's preacher got the location on his GPS?

They could cut the state into two parts, north and south. That would make the classification smaller and the playoffs shorter. I really don't think a preseason game is needed and the off week doesn't really help. You can never use it to schedule a missed game. We've had to schedule them on Mondays if they affected who went to the playoffs. I wouldn't mind a later start. When I was I was in Virginia, I would listen to Choctaw games on the radio and they didn't start until 8:30. It just meant I slept a little later in the morning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT