ADVERTISEMENT

Which FL HS coaches do the most to help their kids get recruited?

Dave Lackford

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2014
Some coaches are instrumental in their players' recruitments while others feel like their job is to win games and a player's college recruitment is on him and his family.

Any of you guys (and like three ladies) have any first hand knowledge on this subject?

scott wilson and the mainland staff does a pretty good job.. they work for all the kids not just starters i believe mainland has 31 active college football players rt now and signed 8-10 kids this yr and waiting on a couple others for this class as well sources close to the program are telling me

scott wilson and the mainland staff does a pretty good job.. they work for all the kids not just starters i believe mainland has 31 active college football players rt now and signed 8-10 kids this yr and waiting on a couple others for this class as well sources close to the program are telling me

Mainland always has a ton of kids getting recruiting. I wonder if he does a lot of the footwork or if the staff does a lot of educating the families on how to approach the process?

There are enough schools for any players that want to play football at the next level. I think the coach should be on top of the recruiting phase and the players need to make sure they are taking care of their grades and necessary tests needed for admission into the school. The recruiting work should not be put on the parents.

Well from all I've been reading on this very informative board by people in the know, I think you'd have to say St Thomas Aquinas.

Remember the old "Bo Knows" Nike adds? A lot of people claim STA sure knows a lot about the recruiting game, that can't hurt. They always have a stable full of the great players - somenbody counted something like 40 D-1 caliber players on that line up this season. Some programs are lucky to get 40 players to come out...And, of course those connections with pro teams - well except for that little period when they wouldn't let the "Debil" Aka, Nick Saban, on campus.

Last edited:
I wasn't really talking about schools like STA, IMG, Trinity Christian, etc

I was talking more about schools like Sandalwood, Cocoa, or Hillsborough.

Look I don't really write here any more but please add the guys I listed to the database. Rivals loses cred when 247 and everyone else has them in the database.

John Campbell has major major major offers and doesnt even have a page.

Reactions: DarterBlue2
Look I don't really write here any more but please add the guys I listed to the database. Rivals loses cred when 247 and everyone else has them in the database.

Thread Jack LOL

Rob Cassidy is the guy who gets PAID to add Florida kids to the Rivals database. Feel me?

John Campbell has a page/has had a page, and he's a Rivals250 kid. Click this link.

I reached out - they won't give me a log in due to the Yahoo acquisition.

Googled John Campbell rivals and nothing came up, also not on team database for 2018. Just trying to help

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT