ADVERTISEMENT

What yall Think

Yeeeeaaaaaahhhh!

I nominate SK to take his place. Would you move to Gainesville for this job?

SK'd be a non-establishment ED and keep an apartment there.

SKs platform: Transparency first and foremost. Rather than encouraging the legislature to be involved, SK'd explain he'd like them to find something else to screw up, other than high school sports in Florida.

SK's advisory committee would be selected from a dozen or so of the folks - many from this board including you mom, that would be older and wiser, mixed in with young turks with new ideas and vision.

First, SK'd reduce, by some percentage, the gates that FHSAA collects from member schools so they can use that to upgrade their programs. SK'd replace that with advertising, negotiated TV revenues and deals with "approved" suppliers like construction and turf companies who want to work in Florida, by making a donation to a non-profit fund for Florida HS sports.

SK'd establish subcommittees to look overall HS sports and things like safety (CTE), officials, and how Title IX is being implemented across the state. In FB he'd have them look at things like classifications (Including establishing a private), venues, rules, behavior, safety, new playoff format (would include in the one being looked at right now, a weight for numbers of transfers in or out), etc.

SK'd establish a Head Coach voting component as part of the decision making process to establish policy determination in each sports.

Now, that's SK's platform, they know where I am and its time they start wooing me and showing me the money.

This message paid for by the Committee for Restructuring the FHSAA and approved by SK for Executive Director

Reactions: blackpopsicle
SK would create a High School Tarpon League and hold championships down in Charlotte every year..Am I safe to say that SK?

No, SK'd be holding them in Hernando County, near Brooksville: dead center of the state of Florida.

If we have to build something, so be it. Remember Baseball City, Florida? But here's the catch - if BOTH coaches agree they can take a chance and cut a deck of cards to see which of their teams can play the title game at home. But if they chose that option, the home team pays all the expenses of getting the team to that location ifor a three day stay including lodging and food.

Back in the day the North or South would travel and switch up every year. They just need to go back to that. IMHO they get paid better doing it this way. Then there is no need for FHSAA to hold out their greedy hands asking for their gate fees.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT