ADVERTISEMENT

Went to ACC Title Game

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Me and two of my boys who are long time Canes fans made the trip to the ACC Title Game in Charlotte with my son's father-in-law, a died hard Clemson fan.

The youngest (our athlete WR, in a OL/OLB family) ran in the ACC 5K finished 12th in his age group (Lots of current and former ACC track athletes there),and 58th out of 400+, that was really cool. He only decided to run at 10 the night before and it was cold and with some hills.

Miami really won't be back until they win a NC. They are ahead of schedule, over excelled and brought the fan base back to the table this season to set up a run the next two years.

They lost their best running back at the beginning of the season (He was on a pace to break the rushing record), and went into last night's game without their two best receivers. I really think this run without a break never gave them a chance to heal up, and they just don't have the depth yet to hang with a Clemson or Bama.

Miami Fans traveled well, damn good turnout. Not too much nonsense in the stands. Clemson fans are pretty classy. Had a ball, hopefully next year I can have a reason to return.

Reactions: gambello
They will grow and IMHO that is all they need to do…They will be back next year and I believe they will contend for the NC…

Agree with your assessment SK. They still need some pieces. I like the "Home" matchup with Wisconsin. Big and slooooooow like Notre Dame......go 'Canes

Glad you got to see the game even if they didn't win.

Are you going to their bowl game? It's not far from you!

If I can get some tickets, thinking about it.

The Canes are beat up, best two recievers out, I think Bandy may make it back, but he left the game in the first couple series. And their punter is the worst I've seen on a cllege football field - if he's a D-1 punter, our WR who punted for us in the NAIA would have made the NFL. We actually had a punter at Bethel College in the KCAC, Wynne Goering who the Chiefs wanted to punt - he killed us for 4 years on field position.

But I like what Danny said, cornfed vs speed, and at home, and I haven't beent to a game there yet.

Silver King, I know a guy that used to live in Miami and now lives in Wesley Chapel. He studies the Miami program like he is getting ready for a final exam. Before the season he predicted that the Canes would go 10-2 in the regular season, win the Coastal and lose the ACC Championship Game. He thinks the Canes are right on schedule.

I said 1 or 2 loses regualr season. They'll have a great 2018 class, and will need it to fill some holes - everybody needs O-lineman - but I havent been this excited in 15 years Mark.

12 straight weeks of games caught up to them injury wise at a bad time.

Clemson though, has a great formula, and system - they remind me of the Canes when FSU was trying to make a move. The talent is just better and that Q will only get better.

Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt named Walter Camp Coach of the Year

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/c...-of-miami/article188148049.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT