ADVERTISEMENT

Two Allstar Privates(AH-P,STA) blow away Two Publics(Godby,Osceola-Kiss)

You can call it sour grapes if you choose, but this is 1,000% correct...When you have an NFL Hall-of-Famer on a nationally syndicated radio show 3x's a week (Mike and Mike), and 2x's more on ESPN NFL Live raving about how great an opportunity it is at STA with the Coaches (he's one of them), players and facilities, how do you compete with that? It's a national PSA for the school every time he opens his mouth and promotes it. No other school in this state could get away with that. Pretty sure if Miami Central, Lakeland or whoever you want to insert here put out a billboard saying, "Come to ..." they'd get b-slapped by the FHSAA for recruiting. But because it's STA and their private, because it's Chris Carter, I guess that makes it okay.

Originally posted by Tribit:
You can call it sour grapes if you choose, but this is 1,000% correct...When you have an NFL Hall-of-Famer on a nationally syndicated radio show 3x's a week (Mike and Mike), and 2x's more on ESPN NFL Live raving about how great an opportunity it is at STA with the Coaches (he's one of them), players and facilities, how do you compete with that? It's a national PSA for the school every time he opens his mouth and promotes it. No other school in this state could get away with that. Pretty sure if Miami Central, Lakeland or whoever you want to insert here put out a billboard saying, "Come to ..." they'd get b-slapped by the FHSAA for recruiting. But because it's STA and their private, because it's Chris Carter, I guess that makes it okay.
It will never be fixed until we have a total public vs private separation end of story

That won't end the recruiting and stockpiling of talent, nothing will ever stop that. But I see where you're going with the level playing field arguement and agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT