ADVERTISEMENT

Two Allstar Privates(AH-P,STA) blow away Two Publics(Godby,Osceola-Kiss)

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Talk about two dominating performances by D-1 assembled super teams. Both the public schools, 5A Tallahassee Godby, and 7A Osceola Kissimmee were strictly one dimensional run offenses with no passing game. 5A American Heritage- Plantation, and 7A St. Thomas Aquinas ran the ball and passed the ball with equal effectiveness. These games weren't as close as the final scores, 37-0, and 31-0. The athletes on defense for AH-P and STA stuffed the run and the two public's had nothing. At no time did either Godby, or Osceola-Kissimmee have a prayer in these mismatches. Wake up FHSAA. This isn't competition. It's a joke.

Yawners.

STA lost in the playoffs last year, so there is hope. AH blew out a decent Godby team that had already been blown out by IMG, a team on par with Heritage, so this should be no surprise.

I'm for three private school classes and four public school classes. That would make the most sense.

Call Privates 1B 2B and 3B
Call Publics 1A 2A 3A and 4A

Where's Neutral on this one? I saw another post where a Private fan poster made the statement that Public schools recruit just as much, and that didn't even get Neutral back out on the field...

Manny Navarro: Former University School players help spark American Heritage title

American Heritage became only the second team in Broward history to win back-to-back state titles. But the Patriots probably would not have pulled it off without seven former University School players who transferred 12 months ago

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/#storylink=cpy

Yeah Dan,I understand were you coming from,and imagine if FHSAA let IMG join a classification.

And, I wondered what happened to the powerful University of a couple of years ago. I am wondering if these players transferred to AH Plantation instead of AH Delray. AH Plantation is only a short distance from University while AH Delray is about 30 miles to the north.

Dan , same in Jersey.. May be worse since Bosco walked all over STA and then lost 4 times to other privates in north Jersey. Big North in Jesey may be toughest in country.. Bosa,of STA,said Bosco was the best coached team he's played against..

This thread is so filled with sour grapes. When Bolles and Tallahassee North Florida Christian were winning titles and beat public school teams, nobody cared. That's because they're not evil South Florida schools. If you do the same thing and assemble all star teams north of Palm Beach County, it's okay. Oh by the way, Bolles has lost 3 years in a row to Booker T, a public school. When Lakeland was pounding Aquinas three years in a row, nobody made a big deal. Newsflash, public schools also recruit and put together all star teams. Now, would you and the rest of your small potato friends like some more cheese with your whine? Carry on.

Proseteye,

I don't think AH-Del Ray picked up many transfers this past offseason, the scary thing about them- they are already better than an amazing AH-Plantation, and next year's AH-Del Ray team is on-par to be significantly better than this years AH-Del Ray State Finalist team.

All of that said, there is a storm coming to small school football, Oxbridge Academy is about 2 years away from becoming the new American Heritage.

Originally posted by Baller305:
This thread is so filled with sour grapes. When Bolles and Tallahassee North Florida Christian were winning titles and beat public school teams, nobody cared. That's because they're not evil South Florida schools. If you do the same thing and assemble all star teams north of Palm Beach County, it's okay. Oh by the way, Bolles has lost 3 years in a row to Booker T, a public school. When Lakeland was pounding Aquinas three years in a row, nobody made a big deal. Newsflash, public schools also recruit and put together all star teams. Now, would you and the rest of your small potato friends like some more cheese with your whine? Carry on.
I agree with you Baller. Teams like Madison and Pahokee were tearing up their respective classifications. Yet, nobody complained then. Nether of these teams, as far as I know, does much in the way of recruiting. Mostly just local players. 95% of the private and religious schools do not have very good football teams. Only a handful are competitive. But, those that are competitive are very good teams.

Originally posted by SPCjessica2004:
Proseteye,

I don't think AH-Del Ray picked up many transfers this past offseason, the scary thing about them- they are already better than an amazing AH-Plantation, and next year's AH-Del Ray team is on-par to be significantly better than this years AH-Del Ray State Finalist team.

All of that said, there is a storm coming to small school football, Oxbridge Academy is about 2 years away from becoming the new American Heritage.
Think you are correct. Oxbridge, a private non denominational school in an Independent Classification, pretty well destroyed every team they played, albeit that all but two of those teams were Independents with the exception of 2A Champagnat and 3A Lakeland Christian. They lost to Lakeland Christian 21-20. Looking at their roster, and they have 64 players on that roster, are very few Seniors. Most are Sophomores and Juniors. Their QB is a Sophomore and passed for 2,000 yards. I don't know what their HS enrollment is which will determine what classification they will end up in.

Originally posted by ProSetEye:

I agree with you Baller. Teams like Madison and Pahokee were tearing up their respective classifications. Yet, nobody complained then. Nether of these teams, as far as I know, does much in the way of recruiting. Mostly just local players. 95% of the private and religious schools do not have very good football teams. Only a handful are competitive. But, those that are competitive are very good teams.
look guys you need to see both sides of this Madison and Pahokee where and still are very good teams but it's not the same Jimmy's and Joe's. When your school is located in a metropolitan city it's a lot different than Madison or Pahokee where you only have 1 or 2 traffic lights. Us small town guys got what we got and we make due, It's not about lets go find what we need to buy a championship. Some of you private school guys will never understand what us small town guys go through.
When was the last time one of these power house privates had to start a 8th grader on varsity.. come on guys open your eyes Ray Charles can the problems with private and public schools being in the same classifications.

STA absorbed a lot of the U school stars. So did AH. No public school can compete with an all star team that absorbs another all star team.

This post was edited on 12/13 2:31 PM by 181pl

Originally posted by riverrat1961:
look guys you need to see both sides of this Madison and Pahokee where and still are very good teams but it's not the same Jimmy's and Joe's. When your school is located in a metropolitan city it's a lot different than Madison or Pahokee where you only have 1 or 2 traffic lights. Us small town guys got what we got and we make due, It's not about lets go find what we need to buy a championship. Some of you private school guys will never understand what us small town guys go through.
When was the last time one of these power house privates had to start a 8th grader on varsity.. come on guys open your eyes Ray Charles can the problems with private and public schools being in the same classifications.
+3 It happens in mid-range "small towns" too. You may have a population that bumps around 2000 kids in the only school in the mid range city and still find yourself in division with STA, Armwood, Booket T. Just have to play with what you have,

I've seen this debate raging on this board for years. You guys are beating a dead horse that has been beaten to a bloody pulp several times over. The FHSAA doesn't care. Move on.

This post was edited on 12/13 2:41 PM by 82-MI-Knight

Originally posted by 82-MI-Knight:
I've seen this debate raging on this board for years. You guys are beating a dead horse that has been beaten to a bloody pulp several times over. The FHSAA doesn't care. Move on.

This post was edited on 12/13 2:41 PM by 82-MI-Knight
+3 on that too - hooop dey it iz.

Nobody outside of Polk County. County-wide, people have been crying foul against Lakeland for a couple of decades that "I" can remember even when they weren't state contenders so that's no secret.
laugh.r191677.gif

For one people whine about bolles and even otc and other northern teams every year don't act like it's just south Florida schools. 2 no one comes on here and beats their chest like a school yard bully every time a team from there wins quite like our south Florida friends have in years past so of course people are going to react. 3 i don't understand the shock or resentment. 1/3 of the state's population reside in dade, Broward, and palm Beach counties. If anything it would be a travesty if they doesn't win every year. Competition breeds success, there are more people playing in more leagues so top athletes are pushed by peers with similar skill sets instead of them being top dog in smaller areas. I've never understood this, I understand having a favorite team, rooting for an entire region is an excuse to have something to brag about for no apparent reason.

Originally posted by Bocefous70:
I understand having a favorite team, rooting for an entire region is an excuse to have something to brag about for no apparent reason.
While SK on a scoring roll, 0 or -1, Nothing personal Hank, but think about that statement for a moment; ever hear of the SEC? Cause, lots of people be rooting for them (J axe Peezy and the ACC crowd and its even named after a region.

Baller, what's with you now talking down to everyone ? You rarely post anymore except to talk trash. What's up with that ? I don't like ( didn't say hate) any of the privates. North,south,east,west,up,down, what's the difference ? Why the hate for anything north of Palm Beach ? You at one time were a Fav five poster on this site. We know this thing here is dying, but man, why the hate and hostility for all teams out of your neighborhood. If you saw the 5A and 7A games live like I did you might also wish for a different way to group teams for state championships. Blast me big man, I can take it...

Originally posted by Dan in Daytona:
Talk about two dominating performances by D-1 assembled super teams. Both the public schools, 5A Tallahassee Godby, and 7A Osceola Kissimmee were strictly one dimensional run offenses with no passing game. 5A American Heritage- Plantation, and 7A St. Thomas Aquinas ran the ball and passed the ball with equal effectiveness. These games weren't as close as the final scores, 37-0, and 31-0. The athletes on defense for AH-P and STA stuffed the run and the two public's had nothing. At no time did either Godby, or Osceola-Kissimmee have a prayer in these mismatches. Wake up FHSAA. This isn't competition. It's a joke.
Coach Roger Harriot should be awarded 2 state title rings today... AH Plant and STA won their titles with the help of players he basically sent them.

Manatee, a 7-4 Bosco team rolled and physically beat them at West Point.. STA schedule and playoff games were all soft.. Manatee should go to Bosco and play them again..

Baller, what's with you now talking down to everyone ? You rarely post anymore except to talk trash. What's up with that ? I don't like ( didn't say hate) any of the privates. North,south,east,west,up,down, what's the difference ? Why the hate for anything north of Palm Beach ? You at one time were a Fav five poster on this site. We know this thing here is dying, but man, why the hate and hostility for all teams out of your neighborhood. If you saw the 5A and 7A games live like I did you might also wish for a different way to group teams for state championships. Blast me big man, I can take it...
+1 conciliatory tone

Dan:

Sheesh! I wasn't blasting you. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy on this board. The reason I don't post very often is because I find this board hostile towards South Florida. Obviously, I'm not the only person who feels this way. Three years ago, this was a great forum full of posters from everywhere across the state. Now look at it. It's the same 7 or 8 people yucking it up with bad jokes. It's boring, stale and I basically stay away just like most South Florida posters. Just look at this thread. Like I said, nobody complained about private schools when Bolles or NFC were winning titles. Nobody! Now I know why. If private schools from South Florida assembled "all star teams" all of a sudden, it's a problem. Hello? Bolles and NFC have been doing it for years. The point is all star teams have been assembled throughout the state forever--public or private. I'm sure when Lakeland piled up a gazillion consecutive wins back in the day, the Pounceys, Rainey, Wilson, Wilkes and all those cats just happened to live in the Lakeland district. I remember linebacker Scott Bryant who transferred in from Kathleen. I'm sure there were more. Armwood has been a notorious practictioner or using transfers. But read this board and you would swear it ONLY happens in South Florida. Dan, I don't have anything against you. I just don't think you're being very fair with your post. If I vehemently disagree with you, don't take it personally.

Fair enough Baller, I've always respected your opinion and the insight you brought from the 305. I realize this public/private war is never ending and this message board, like ALL message boards is on life support for a multitude of reasons. It's just that after witnessing six plus hours of Friday championships ( 5A, 7A ) that were total blow-outs, my bias towards watching/paying for competitive match-ups was slammed. I know better. Just hoping there could be a better way to arrange the title games. Saturday's were perfect (public-public, public-private) I don't have the answer...Peace

By181pl -> STA absorbed a lot of the U school stars. So did AH. No public school can compete with an all star team that absorbs another all star team.

Pretty sure Central or BTW could.

This post was edited on 12/14 2:18 PM by Sub-Zero4

IMO, STA has a great defense and special teams. The offense is where they don't look to be on that high level. Where they fall nationally among 10,000 + schools is way beyond my college Algebra 2 classes of 35yrs ago. Or was that Wood Working101 ?

It's the same 7 or 8 people yucking it up with bad jokes. It's boring, stale and I basically stay away just like most South Florida posters. -1 Hypocritical because you came back to read this and respond.

Son, you don't know bad jokes. We live in a world that plays football, and that football is supposed to be guarded by men that protect the integrity of the game. Who's gonna look after it? You? You, Baller 305? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for South Florida, and you curse the North and anyone from outside your area when they don't agree with you, even when you tell the rest of us our football is irrelevant. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the rest of the state also plays football, and while it doesn't happen often, sometimes the STA's and BTW's get beat by those other teams. And my existence, with bad jokes and all, may seem incomprehensible and grotesque to you, but it makes that point. You don't want to acknowledge the joke, because deep down in places you don't talk about at the clubs, you want teams you play to play with what they have, rather than recruit so you can dominate them, then feel good about yourself. Those teams use words like honor, rules, fair play, team. They use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending the integrity of the game. Miami / Dade posters use them as a punchline - the NW, Central and Killian drive bys who only come to crow the year they win it, maybe tell someone they're getting on a bus to drive up and kick their ass, then disappear when their best players transfer to next school that has a shot. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain my jokes, or listen to why those cats don't post here anymore, to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very rules the FCAA doesn't enforce, yet the ones my team abides by, and then questions the manner in which I try and reveal it. I would rather you just said, "ha ha that's funny we're the best ever" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you find a board where everyone agrees with you that South Florida is the only football that matters. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

181, theory.. That was to be the case the first time.. STA rolled their first game 38-7??? STA was predicted to walk all over Bosco the first time. Bosa said later, "best coached team we played".. Bosco schedule, is much tougher and I think Bosco has STA'S number..

The idea that you would restrict one group of schools from actively recruiting players and let the other group actively recruit player then have the two schools play each other is ridiculous. Hats off to 1A for having a public school bracket.

That is the biggest bunch of crap I have read on this board (and yes, I have read HWF's posts from time to time). What are you talking about? I have cared since 1995 when Hardee should have easily won the State Championship, but they didn't because of Bolles. I didn't have the address to this website back then to share my woes. Nobody gives a crap about your 305 crap. It is private vs public with classifications. And since you are from the 305, I will explain it. Private schools have control over who attend. Therefore they have control over the amount of male students that are good at football. Even with this advantage they are still classified by the total amount of students in attendance. They can also give scholarships to those who might not be fortunate enough to afford to go there. Not even mentioning the fact that they have no geographical boundaries. Totally unfair.

How bout you carry on...

Just days after losing one of its best football players to a Hillsborough County private school, Pasco High is calling foul.

On Thursday, Pasco County athletic director Phil Bell filed a formal complaint with the Florida High School Athletic Association on behalf of Pasco football coach Tom McHugh, claiming Tampa Catholic recruited sophomore Nate Craig and two other Pasco High players.

FHSAA spokesman Corey Sobers confirmed the complaint and ongoing investigation into the claims.

In the complaint filed to the FHSAA, Pasco alleges Tampa Catholic contacted Craig more than a year ago about transferring to the school. The complaint also states that on Tuesday and Wednesday, Tampa Catholic contacted two other Pirates players by phone, offering them transportation and tuition to enroll at TC.

-1 Hypocritical because you came back to read this and respond.

Son, you don't know bad jokes. We live in a world that plays football, and that football is supposed to be guarded by men that protect the integrity of the game. Who's gonna look after it? You? You, Baller 305? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for South Florida, and you curse the North and anyone from outside your area when they don't agree with you, even when you tell the rest of us our football is irrelevant. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the rest of the state also plays football, and while it doesn't happen often, sometimes the STA's and BTW's get beat by those other teams. And my existence, with bad jokes and all, may seem incomprehensible and grotesque to you, but it makes that point. You don't want to acknowledge the joke, because deep down in places you don't talk about at the clubs, you want teams you play to play with what they have, rather than recruit so you can dominate them, then feel good about yourself. Those teams use words like honor, rules, fair play, team. They use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending the integrity of the game. Miami / Dade posters use them as a punchline - the NW, Central and Killian drive bys who only come to crow the year they win it, maybe tell someone they're getting on a bus to drive up and kick their ass, then disappear when their best players transfer to next school that has a shot. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain my jokes, or listen to why those cats don't post here anymore, to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very rules the FCAA doesn't enforce, yet the ones my team abides by, and then questions the manner in which I try and reveal it. I would rather you just said, "ha ha that's funny we're the best ever" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you find a board where everyone agrees with you that South Florida is the only football that matters. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Great stuff SK. A few good men analogy to the "T"

Big time palyers bring it in big time situations and Poster of the Year voting is about two weeks away, so watch for the barrage of brilliance that will be hitting the board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT