ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Lewis - Lead singer of the "Outfield" passed

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
While working at the Athens, GA PO, I'd get drawn into catching some UGA baseball games occasionally with some of the guys who were alumni there. In 2008 UGA had a particularly good baseball team, that made it to the college world series as I recall. I had somewhat forgotten about the band known as the "Outfield" they were a 80's group and it had been over 20 years since there 1st hit "Your Love". UGA had a All-American Player that year "Gordon Beckham" that used the song "Your Love" as his walk-up song and that spring and summer hearing that song at Foley Field when ever Beckham came to bat, kind of cause me delve back into the Outfield's music! Beckham would later play for the Atlanta Braves and I had to smile when I attended one of their games against the Pittsburgh Pirates, Beckham was still using that song as his walkup song!

Just found out today, that Tony Lewis -lead singer for the Outfield passed away this week at the age of only 62........RIP Tony Lewis.

Last edited:
4 minutes and 12 seconds is a really long walk-up song. Was the dude in the stadium when he started his walk-up?

Based on your post above, I guess its safe to assume you've never been to a baseball game before?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT