ADVERTISEMENT

Tarpons and Green Wave week

We had hoped to let Coach Sam celebrate 150 for another week, but…You never leave a Tarpon / Green Wave game early. It was all Green Wave 1st half and they got out to a 10-0 lead. They missed some opportunities but stopped the Tarpons twice inside the Red Zone, with the help of those bad penalties that Charlotte’s been so famous for his season. The same guys on Defense took the same stupid unsportsmanlike penalties for out of bounds hits or pulling a helmet off. And on Offense you can count on an offsides or holding penalty at the absolute worst time. I called it three weeks ago, if we didn’t clean them up against Ft Myers they’d make us pay.

Then again, I didn’t think that Ft Myers would start making as stupid mistakes; allowing the Tarps to score 14 unanswered in the 2nd half. With a minute left Ft Myers scored on a 75 yard quick out. The Tarps get the ball back and Ft Myers did everything they could to give them the a shot a a game winning FG with five penalties. It was blocked. Final 16-14.

Entertaining, sloppy game that ended like so many others in Classic Charlotte / Ft Myers fashion in the last minute. Both team payed very hard, at the end Ft Myers wanted it more.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorman001
I always pull for the Tarps against the Lee County teams. Even back in '72 and '73 (my early high school years) when North was the team to beat. Hope to see you SK in week 5 providing we still have a football team after our week 2 game. Wave Out!

Reactions: MarkECannon
Who put the Green Wave schedule together? Did your AD lose a bet?
No, George Smith wanted it. It was intended to celebrate "Sam Sirianni Night", the first home game of the Green Wave and the passing of Sam Sr. in '02.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT