ADVERTISEMENT

Suncoast Gridiron Media Day | 941 Sports Zone

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Absent from this event was a representative from Manatee, I'm sure there was acceptable reason why? There is a timeline you can reference to navigate to a particular team coach interview, if don't want to watch the entire 3 plus hour event.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkECannon
Good stuff; thanks for posting. I watched Ingman, Peacock, and, of course, Menzer.

Peacock nailed it: when you have an experienced OL and he returns 14, the rest falls into place much easier. That has been Charlotte's problem; they haven't had what I'd personally consider a truly solid OL since their last Regional Title team in 2016. The Pirates, who return 10 on Offense and a couple of big-time players on both sides of the ball, should be fun to watch this year in a season dedicated to Coach Norus. Plus, Ingman brought back his old HC, Ray Hixson, to the staff, whom the Tarpons hired after PC let him go. He was a tremendous assistant for the Tarpons, where he gained lots of playoff experience. Doubled as HC in weightlifting, winning two State Titles.

My Tarps are rebuilding with a new staff. I love Menzer's attitude about scheduling nine playoff teams, three of which made the Regional finals. My coach had that attitude, and we went 5-4-1 as sophomores, tied the #2 ranked team in the state, Southeast, and played in the Semi-final game the next year. Menzer's two seasons are the two toughest schedules I can personally remember. So, starting six sophomores and a freshman Q, I'm realistic with expectations and watching for continued signs of the culture/discipline and buy-in reset that were the hallmarks of Tarpon football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT