ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Experience

gatorman-uf

Jul 28, 2006
I had the fortune of attending the 6A, 7A, and 8A state championship games this year with my friends and his 5 year old. It was some great, but at times sloppy football.

Fans:
The best fans to sit amongst were the Miami Northwestern fans, they were fun, colorful, understood football.

The most knowledgeable fans we sat around were the Dr. Phillips fans, they called the plays before the coach, called the coverage, the blitz, and were generally correct on the strategy. They got worried towards the end, but were generally always beat.

The whiniest fans I sat amongst were the Venice Indians (an no I don't think it was all of them, but the ones we sat near). They hoped Bartram Trail's players were hurt, they whined about every call, even it was obvious and had a conspiracy theory mindset. Again, not all Venice fans, just the ones in my immediate area.

Other than the cold weather and rain on Friday night, the games were fun. I get why the games are in a stadium like the Citrus Bowl, yes I wish the area around the Citrus Bowl seemed safer, but considering the stadium is only used maybe 6 times a year total, it seems about right. It is not going to be an economic engine, if there is never anything there.

Prices:
Holy Shit! $17.50 for a burger, fries, and soda and I can't even keep the lid of my soda! Damn, Hooters would have been cheaper.

I have always advocated for a smaller stadium (Daytona, Boca Raton), but I get why. The experience for the players is second to none.

Donors:
Why don't the owners of Tampa Bay, Miami, and Jacksonville get together and agree to fund the state championships? I mean, I get the games are in Orlando, but if you want to promote the sport, help subsidize fans enjoying it at the most local levle.

It is sad but true that some of the fans for Venice are not well informed. I had a lady behind me that I don't think had any clue on what she was watching.

Reactions: peezy28
The whiniest fans I sat amongst were the Venice Indians (an no I don't think it was all of them, but the ones we sat near). They hoped Bartram Trail's players were hurt, they whined about every call, even it was obvious and had a conspiracy theory mindset. Again, not all Venice fans, just the ones in my immediate area.

Knock me over with a feather.

Your as funny as that pic in your profile.
Always a good laugh reading your insight.

What's funny is how you have nothing insightful or clever to say about anything.

It's all true and you just can't say anything to refute it.

I like that you cant stand when anyone responds to you in any other manner than you like.
Its comical how you go around with your chest out.

Old saying is don't pat your self on the back, you may end up breaking your arm.

Yours must be real strong by now.

Is it that you try to outlast anyone who questions you with your comments. You are very competitive in the keyboard strokes. Continue on with your rhetoric.

At gatorman-uf
Seems every time you post it gets over run with bantering. This guy drinks way to much red kool aid.

If they're not gonna staff that event properly then they need to have it at a smaller venue. There's no reason for only ONE ticket booth to be open. You had to walk alllllll the way around the stadium to buy tickets. (unless you were lucky enough to find parking on the side where the ticket booths were)

And the prices, OMG! $5.50 for a bottle of soda?! My god! LOL

If they're not gonna staff that event properly then they need to have it at a smaller venue. There's no reason for only ONE ticket booth to be open. You had to walk alllllll the way around the stadium to buy tickets. (unless you were lucky enough to find parking on the side where the ticket booths were)

And the prices, OMG! $5.50 for a bottle of soda?! My god! LOL

The smart idea would be to eat before coming and sneak in a bottled water or something

Reactions: DarterBlue2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT