ADVERTISEMENT

State Champions! (Is it too early for this thread to get started?)

22wham

Sep 28, 2009
Who will win it all by division? What coach will drink the most pabst blue ribbon and go home with a 2 instead of a ten? What school will win the state championship by 50 points (it happens every year in at least one division)

A- Trenton
AA- Admiral
AAA- Trinity Jax
AAAA- Raines Jax
AAAAA- American Heritage Plantation
AAAAAA- Armwood or Mainland
AAAAAAA- STA
AAAAAAAA- Apopka until someone beats them when it matters

A- Trenton ( this one could be the +50 game IF there is one)
2A- University Christian
3A- TCJax
4A- Cocoa
5A - AHP
6A - Mainland
7A- STA
8A - West Orange ( just for an upset pick)

A- Pahokee
AA- NFC
AAA- Trinity Jax
AAAA- Cocoa
AAAAA- American Heritage Plantation
AAAAAA- Mainland
AAAAAAA- Braden River my wild card
AAAAAAAA- Apopka because Rick Darlington is the king of comeback my guess is Apopka avenges that bad loss to WO.

Pahokee
University Christian
T Jacks
BTW Dark (Dark Horse)
AHP
Who ever wins the Carol City vs Central
STA
Coin flip with Apopka/Flannigan

STA, even without Bosa should walk all over Royal Palm Beach, who at 6-5 is very weak... Last year STA killed them... RPB is not much and no team in Palm Beach county this year has much to offer..

8A is wide open.

North Final 4:
West Orange -or- Apopka -or- Lake Brantley
vs
Dr. Phillips -or- Osceola -or- Manatee -or- Vero Beach

One team has already been written off for losing three games to elite opponents. Anything can happen in 8A so there really is no point in me guessing.

5A - American Heritage but Jesuit has a chance too.
6A - Armwood hands down. We should just give them the trophy now. Charlotte looks good too.
7A - Tampa Plant. I actually thought Braden River could win the state championship in 7A before their running back was injured for the season. Without Raymond Thomas, I can't see them winning it all.
8A - Apopka. Del Ray Alantic is no pushover but I think Apopka is the best team in 8A.

I know you guys always dismiss the panhandle but that would be a big mistake this year. With only two teams outside the panhandle (Jacksonville area) in the 6A Region 1 playoffs, there probably will be a panhandle team in the final four. My money is on Navarre but Niceville could change that. They didn't look good in their last game but they always "show up" in the playoffs.

Since most teams are in 6A, there are some classes with no panhandle teams. Look for Port St Joe in 1A and Walton in 4A to make some noise.

Lincoln (3-5) won a tie breaker to win the district crown and a spot in the playoffs in 7A. Congrats to them! However, they will quickly run into a powerful Columbia team. All I can say is thank goodness both teams were moved up to 7A. One or both teams have been a roadblock for panhandle teams to reach the final four for most years.

Reactions: columbiatigers1
Look for Port St Joe in 1A and Walton in 4A

Madison or Pahokee in 1A... 4A is wide open this year.

The panhandle team will have to travel to likely Armwood this year I believe in 6A/

I know you guys always dismiss the panhandle but that would be a big mistake ...
You are so right, Choctaw_fan. The Panhandle never get no respeck. People despise the Panhandle. Even in states other than FL, men's teaches their children to disrespeck the Panhandle soon as they learn to talk. It's hard to explain.

Only place where the situation worse is in China. Chinese people understand very little about FL and even less about HS football, yet Nu'Trelle receive this type of "hate" e-mail almost every day:

spec.gif

Translated into English it reads "F---- the Bucs". Please don't mention nothin to Daytona Dan. He take things real personal.

Reactions: AmstaffNole
Neutral, my bitter and unhappy friend, why the hatred for the Bucs ? Is it the streak of 22yrs making the playoffs ? Well, join the crowd. It's pretty long now after a couple decades of success. And yes all the good Daytona athletes want to be a Buccaneer. Sorry Dinosaur, but that's life. Deal with it, or bitch and complain the rest of your resentful days. Know one likes that old miserable guy in the corner telling us all how " great things used to be." Be happy my friend, life goes by easier that way. Peace.

The one thing that concerns me about Mainland is the amount of penalties that they had had just about every game this year. This is a legitimate concern as the Buccaneers advance in the 6A playoffs.

Neutral, my bitter and unhappy friend, why the hatred for the Bucs? ... Peace.
Where you get Nu'Trelle hate the Bucs??? Nu'Trelle a victim. He ain't figure out how to block Chinese e-mail. Maybe the people from St. Edwards is sendin money overseize to those who send that kinda chit out?

Lazindex Projections for 2015 State Championships

8A Flanagan over Manatee
7A St. Thomas Aquinas over Columbia
6A Miami Central over Armwood
5A American Heritage Plantation over North Marion
4A Cocoa over Raines
3A Trinity Christian Jax over Oxbridge Academy
2A University Christian over Admiral Farragut
1A Trenton over Blountstown

FYI - Out of the 96 first round playoff games, Joe Pinkos and I only have 7 different projections. And most of those are mighty close. They are:

Brandon (Laz -5) at Lake Gibson (Pinkos -1)
Palm Bay (Laz -1) at Bishop Moore (Pinkos -1)
Providence (Laz -2) at Taylor County (Pinkos -1)
Ribault (Laz -1) at Ponte Vedra (Pinkos -1)
Martin County (Pinkos -3) at St. Cloud (Laz -1)
Tampa Bay Tech (Laz -10) at Countryside (Pinkos -1)
West Broward (Laz -3) at Miami Sunset (Pinkos -7)

What everyone fails to realize when it comes to Braden River it's their offensive line that makes that team go. Braden Rivers first play against Venice was a simple off tackle run by Thomas that had a gapping hole opened up by the o-line. I'm not saying Thomas will not be missed but they still have Austin, Fenwick & now Hodo. They are still rotating 3 backs. A another key to their success is offensive coordinator Sanders. He's good at getting the team in the right play. This team will go as far as the defense takes them and right now the defense is firing on all cylinders. If they can get to the semifinals they will host from my understanding of the playoff system.

Reactions: gatorman001
The one thing that concerns me about Mainland is the amount of penalties that they had had just about every game this year. This is a legitimate concern as the Buccaneers advance in the 6A playoffs.
Jam, penalties are always a concern when talking about Mainland. Seems as the season ran down the amount of flags did too. Coaches know they have to stay on top of this now, particularly with the more experienced crews that will be controlling the playoff games.... Back on topic
1A ?
2A ?
3A Jacksonville Trinity Christian
4A Jacksonville Bolles over Cocoa, Cocoa beats any other North representative.
5A American Heritage- Plantation
6A Mainland (Heart), (Brain) ? Toughest path to championship in 22 years.
7A St. Thomas Aquinas
8A Flanagan (Zoe tip)

Reactions: Zoe Boy
Almost all SF teams, who would have guessed that.
Gotta see where I'm coming from
honestly I would go with Cocoa with 4a but the only problem I have with cocoa is the games I watch them played I didn't like how they were running a lot of jet sweeps fake jet sweeps to run up the middle or go deep.... Now that was a 2 game sample size which is not fair... I do like cocoa oline which I think they can dominate btw in the middle if BTW can reach to Cocoa... But only thing I give BTW is they played a tough ass schedule .... Team had to grow up very fast!! We'll see... Don't you guys come down this year? Yea most of it is S Fla teams the north gotta prove they can win besides Jacksonville Trinity....

Jam, penalties are always a concern when talking about Mainland. Seems as the season ran down the amount of flags did too. Coaches know they have to stay on top of this now, particularly with the more experienced crews that will be controlling the playoff games.... Back on topic
1A ?
2A ?
3A Jacksonville Trinity Christian
4A Jacksonville Bolles over Cocoa, Cocoa beats any other North representative.
5A American Heritage- Plantation
6A Mainland (Heart), (Brain) ? Toughest path to championship in 22 years.
7A St. Thomas Aquinas
8A Flanagan (Zoe tip)
Flannigan just lost one of their top dogs at lb with a broken ankle against STA but their defense is still good! One of the top d in the state... I don't see Columbus beating them this year so I pick them to rep the south but if the play Apopka that will be a coin flip just cause of Apopka offense that we don't see down here... Plus Flannigan has the Mainland bug with the penalties and most of it be being to physical... A lot of targeting calls they get

Wow... The American Heritage Plantation pick seemed a sure thing, but now has gone down the drain. Who will surface as the new favorite?? It will be interesting to see who ends up as the 5A reps as the bracket now appears to be wide open. Time will tell........... Predictions anyone??

Wow... The American Heritage Plantation pick seemed a sure thing, but now has gone down the drain. Who will surface as the new favorite?? It will be interesting to see who ends up as the 5A reps as the bracket now appears to be wide open. Time will tell........... Predictions anyone??

i guess hallendale, since i dont think the north end has what it takes

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Central Florida has six very good teams that can compete with just about anybody. They are all very close but Mainland is my clear cut #1.

Mainland
West Orange
Dr. Phillips
Osceola
Apopka
Bishop Moore

Reactions: peezy28
A reason in the increase in competitiveness is linked to population explosion in Orlando in my opinion.

Florida isnt down AHP had 4 fumbles and pretty much gave the game away against hallandale

I think the football landscape in Florida has changed. The talent is more dispersed so their are more teams that are equally competitive.

Reactions: peezy28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT